Flickering using Win 10 for Sims 2 Double Deluxe PLEASE HELP
#11 23-03-2017 
Hello,

ok, they are install in the EP2 and the EP99. The only problem is my smooth Edges are still in gray

#12 23-03-2017 
@nadia0412

Can you upload the most recent config-log.txt? I want to see if the change has been accepted.

#13 24-03-2017 
Hello,

Here you go. Thanks

Attached File(s)
.txt  NADIAPC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.41 KB / Downloads: 392)

#14 27-03-2017 
Hi Nadia,

I think you're going to have to put the video cards.sgr and graphic rules.sgr in every folder that's labelled 'Config' and 'CsConfig' it's not showing up in your config-log.txt.

#15 01-05-2017 
Hello,

I put the video cards.sgr and graphic rules.sgr in every folder that's labelled 'Config' and 'CsConfig. This is what its saying

Failed to find any direct x 9.0 compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a directx 9.0 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the Manufacturer. This application will now terminate.

Attached File(s)
.txt  NADIAPC-config-log.txt (Size: 5.46 KB / Downloads: 387)
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 03:49 AM by nadia0412.)

#16 01-05-2017 
@nadia0412
When you installed them did you unzip them so they look like

"Graphic Rules.sgr" and "Video Cards.sgr"?

Could you do a screen shot of one of the places where you did it? I'm trying to work out what's going on. Something is.

#17 04-05-2017 
Hello,

I use Win RaR to unzip the file and attached is the copy of the file. I wonder if it's my computer its upgraded to windows 10? Also The last attachment is an example of what all the sim folders look like..

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#18 08-05-2017 
@nadia0412

The files on your desktop need to go into the folders. You've got shortcuts to them, and that won't work.

#19 28-05-2017 
Ohhhh I thought I had to copy the file in each folder?? I only have one of each of the Video Card and the graphics Card. How do I multiple these in the Config and the csconfig, I am assuming that these files have to be in each folder? Thanks!

#20 28-05-2017 
Nevermind, I figured it out. I got rid of the shortcuts in the folders and installed the files again and unzip them. Now I have them in the two folders. I still see the Smooth Edges grayed out. even with following your steps going to properties of the game and the capability. Run as Window Vista and Run as an administrator. Do I need to put the files in all the sim games?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option