Flickering using Win 10 for Sims 2 Double Deluxe PLEASE HELP
#1 27-02-2017 
1. Cant find this from the steps you mention screen shot is below
2. 64-bit operating system,64-based processor
3. I installed all my sims 2 games using Sims Double Deluxe. when playing the game I noticed the flickering starts when I am in Build mode either designing walls, just about anything in Build mode I do. when I go to options I have all my screen resolutions and my smooth Edges I notice its gray. I am in need of some help with step by step instructions to solving this. I am not too tech savvy and just want this to be less complicated Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 04:33 AM by nadia0412.)

#2 03-03-2017 
@nadia0412

Go to \My Documents\EA\The Sims2 Double Deluxe\Logs\
Find the file that ends with -config-log.txt

On this screen, Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.

Attach that file by clicking on the Browse Button, and ADD that is just below the text window.

I can't help you without that file. Attaching photos will not help.

#3 06-03-2017 
Here it is. Thank you

Attached File(s)
.txt  NADIAPC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.41 KB / Downloads: 591)

#4 07-03-2017 
@nadia0412

You need to download these two files -

Download Graphics Card - Intel
Download Video Cards - Intel - 0166.sgr

Install them into these folders (by unzipping them) -

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Go to the shortcut that you use to play the game.

Right Click and choose 'Properties'.

In properties, find the compatibility tab and set it up like :
[Image: compatibility.jpg]

In game, you will be able to access smooth edges - set this to max.

#5 07-03-2017 
In the program files what if there is already a graphics Rules and video card. Am I just moving them into a new folder. Thanks

#6 09-03-2017 
@nadia0412

rename the old ones - to Graphic Rules.old and Video Cards.old, and then move the other ones in.

#7 10-03-2017 
ok, so I got the first folder complete but the second folder is confusing because it says Nightlife where I am finding this. I know Nightlife is included in the Double Deluxe. I don't see a file the says nightlife. I attached pics of what I am viewing. Thanks Smile[/b]

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Config\ Already completed
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\CSConfig\ Already completed

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#8 10-03-2017 
In double deluxe you've installed it in base, which is correct - what is any other folders inside the double deluxe folder?

#9 14-03-2017 
Hello,

Inside the Double Deluxe Folder, I see a EADM folder, EP2 folder, EP99 folder, SP4 folder, and supoort folder.

#10 15-03-2017 
@nadia0412

Put it in the EP2 and EP99 folder ones which will also have the

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\EP2\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\EP99\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - Double Deluxe\EP99\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

EP2 = Nightlife

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option