Securom and AGS
#11 06-03-2017 
Urm... I agree with you, Gummi - that site looks sketchier than I could ever think about trusting. *looks around nervously* I've been there several times, but I just can't make myself download anything. *sorry BO*

So... BO... which ones do I download? Just whatever ones are at the top of each EP/SPs list?
What is a "trainer & unlocker" or "fix"???

Should I get:
[MULTI3] No-DVD/Fixed Image
v1.0 [MULTI] No-DVD/Fixed EXE
v1.0 +1 TRAINER

or - do I get the one that says "@ Kinguin" or "@ GameStop"?

SOOOO cunfuzzled Huh

#12 07-03-2017 
OF COURSE the site looks sketchy! It's a site that provides hacks and cracks, many of which circumvent registration. Original suppliers of the programs for which these hacks and cracks are made, would like to see this site disappear!

But since you obviously do not want my help... Please enjoy SecuROM, the sketchiest invention by Sony!
Sorry, but I'm done trying to convert people who clearly cannot trust anything I say!

#13 07-03-2017 
Woah! BO - I'm sorry if I came across wrong (menopause is kickin' my butt lately Sad *sigh*) I obviously DO want your help!

What I meant to say/ask was:
Which ones do I download? Just whatever ones are at the top of each EP/SPs list?
What is a "trainer & unlocker" or "fix"???
Should I get:
- [MULTI3] No-DVD/Fixed Image
- v1.0 [MULTI] No-DVD/Fixed EXE
- v1.0 +1 TRAINER

I really want to know. And I do trust what YOU say - The fact that you said it is the ONLY reason I've been to that site so many times. I just don't know which one to get. Yes, I'm that stupid.

I use a no-CD short-cut-thingy that Kiri (I think it was she?) gave me several years ago for my main game. I've wanted the FT one now for several months (it's what my daughter needs) but I just don't know which one to get. ...And then there's AGS - the work-around I came up with for that is to always include M&G in the AGS set-up - but, it might be nice to not have to do that. Flower

#14 07-03-2017 
Ok, for the totally criminal among us, here's a little translation of some of the terms that hackers use:

Trainers (+???) and unlockers make the game easier by giving you extra cheats (???) As if the CTRL-SHFT-C console doesn't give us enough of those...
Fixed EXEs are replacements for the original EXE file, which bypass registration, SecuROM and other kinds of security, or the requirement for the CD/DVD to be in the drive when you play.
Fixed Images are supposed to be complete illegal copies of entire CDs/DVDs. For those who cannot be bothered with stupid things like honestly paying for the software.

MULTI often refers to the number of languages a fix supports. There are often specific fixes for only one language, like EN (English), GER (German) or ITA (Italian). On a scale of 1 to many, MULTI covers an unspecified number of languages.

#15 07-03-2017 
Thank you, BO - that helps! So, I think I'm gonna want the fixed EXE - Lordy, I don't want any trainin' to happen in my game.
...And I've already shelled out the bucks for the discs, so I don't want to 'steal' them LOL! - I just don't need secubomb or wear damage to my CD/DVDs. Multi would include English, right? (Since the game was originally in English - I think?)

Thank you for your help {hugs} Heart

Sorry, that is a members only option