Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Windows Mode Error
#1 13-03-2017 
  • Registered
Hey all,
Unfortunately I have been having trouble with the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on my Asus notebook (that is using Windows 10, previously was Windows 8.1), which has an Nvidia Geforce 820M and Intel Graphics card. During this I have been trying to get my game to run on only just the Nvidia card. I have succeed on getting it working on full screen mode but not on the window mode, which is the mode I need to use in able for me to continue my machinima work.
So here's what the problem is:
- Whenever I load the game in window mode I get the error "Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG! The application will now terminate"
- I have used the Graphics Rule Maker to set the game my Nvidia card; no luck in fixing it.
- I have also used the Nvidia Graphics Card and Texture fix files that were provided; still no luck there.

So sadly, I haven't found a solution to fix it yet. Can anyone help me?
Please and Thank You.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-T05CENJ-config-log.txt (Size: 10.26 KB / Downloads: 447)
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2017 03:09 PM by FilmSlayer.)

#2 15-03-2017 
@FilmSlayer

Unfortunately the Windowed/Full Screen mode problem is not one we've been able to fix. If you can get Windowed mode with the Intel graphics, I would suggest you stick to that. The Intel card is actually strong enough for Sims 2 nowadays.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option