Black screen with Windows 10 & Discs
#11 03-08-2022 
(02-08-2022 09:47 AM)Whyismysims2 Wrote:  When I load up my sims 2 the screen is black and I can see the cursor and hear the music.

I will not blow you off for using another person's (VERY OLD) thread for mentioning your problem.
But I WILL tell you that nobody is going to help you, if you do not AT LEAST attach your <.....>-config-log.txt file. And while we're at it, please include also a DxDiag.txt for us to review your system's hardware configuration. Without those files, it's not that we don't WANT to help, but we CAN'T, because we know nothing about your system!

And, mind you, when I say ATTACH, I do NOT mean to copy & paste stuff. Do NOT copy & paste!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option