TS2 UC Refuses to Run Properly on Win10
#11 25-03-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel I apologize for the late response. I've just gotten off spring break and had to get back into the swing of college.

I actually just recently had to go through this with TS4 to weed out what ended up to be one lonesome bad custom tattoo. My TS2 download folder is so, so much heavier, though. I think the last I checked, it was 20,000-ish files. (I have a problem, I know. Lol). I will definitely use these utilities to get myself started sometime this weekend, and then get down to halving the folders and weeding it out. Thankfully, I'm extremely organized.

Again, thank you so much for your patience and your help!

#12 25-06-2017 
  • Registered
Hello all, after conpleteing my spring semester, dealing with a breakup, and then an unrelated episode of depression, I finally went back to try and sort through my mess of files. I came to the decision to just start anew as no combo of removals really shed any light on what was causing my crashes. I uninstalled, reinstalled, did all of the necessary edits and fixes to Graphics Rules SGR and... still crashing. I'm at a loss at this point.

ETA: After more tinkering and brainstorming, something new occurred to me and it seems to have worked. I used the 4 gb patch on the EP9.exe to have the game recognize my 8gb of RAM, and lo and behold, no crashes. No ACCESS_VIOLATION exceptions logged anymore, just a smooth game. I will test this one more time on vanilla in the morning and then go from there. I wanted to make sure I reported that here in case anyone else might also benefit from trying to use the 4gb patch to help them solve this issue. It can be found here.
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2017 06:29 AM by PhoenixIsLost.)

#13 25-06-2017 
@PhoenixIsLost

Thanks for letting us know - I will keep that in mind for other people's problems. Smile

#14 25-06-2017 
  • Registered
I'm glad I could help!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option