Sims 2 direct x 9.0c error
#1 18-03-2017 
  • Registered
Hello all,
I got windows 10 recently and my sims 2 game has an error- while it is loading up, it says no direct x 9.0c graphic driver found. Then terminates.
I tried updating my direct x which didn't work.
Then I went to the log and it said after the graphics card not found in database how can I fix it ?

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-90T4B533-config-log.txt (Size: 7.8 KB / Downloads: 709)
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 06:30 PM by Sunflowergal22.)

#2 18-03-2017 
You need to post your config-log.txt up so that Kiri can help you out Smile

#3 20-03-2017 
@Sunflowergal22 What Karen said - please post up your -config-log.txt

Also if you can do a DxDiag.txt as well that will help.

#4 21-03-2017 
  • Registered
hello all, the config log is now updated, sorry about the wait, I was using the website on my phone and not my laptop.

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-90T4B533-config-log.txt (Size: 7.8 KB / Downloads: 753)
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 06:48 PM by Sunflowergal22.)

#5 22-03-2017 
@Sunflowergal22

No worries.
You don't mention whether you have Ultimate Collection or the DVDs

You need the following cards:

Graphic Rules - INTEL - Texture Fix
Video Cards.sgr - INTEL - 5916

If you have Ultimate Collection:

WHERE TO INSTALL FIXES:
In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

If you have the DVD's

In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

(You used Homecrafter last time, so I don't know which expansion it's using for the config).

If you have a compilation one, you need to put it in all the expansions in the compilation

#6 22-03-2017 
  • Registered
I have the Dvd's so,
Also, I tried installing the files on where to save them, I keep getting that I can't install the files there.

#7 22-03-2017 
  • Registered
Update!
Problem solved! I posted this same question on the EA Help Center, and I was referred to a graphics rule maker thing on sim network. (it's the first google result if you search for it on google.) I downloaded it, followed its instructions and YAY! It worked. IT also made my graphics card a part of the game.
However, thanks for your help!

#8 10-11-2019 
  • Registered
i’m having the same issue. so would what i’m assuming (i have the ultimate collection) is i’d have to install those in each expansion? or just in what you said? also, do i extract them?

update: still not working idk what else to do. i will log in on my laptop and post my config log.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option