Sims 2 not working, safe no-cd crack?
#1 09-04-2017 
  • Registered
I've installed and patched up the game, but i'm having trouble playing it.

i keep getting the error "Conflict with Emulation Software detected." I read this can be because of the virtual disk drive.
I only just installed the game and can't even start playing.

Thing is I need to use the virtual drive, as my laptop has no disc drive.

I have tried using the SecuRom removal tool and it failed too.

I have run in compatibility for Win7 and XP SP2. its worth noting that the properties window for the game itself won't let me change compatibility directly, i have to use the compatibility troubleshooter.
here's the window [Image: 2wr13xd.jpg]

I run windows 10 basic, have nvidia graphics card, 16 gb ram.

i used a built in analysis thing, that says to send a file to securom support.
here is its contents
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5183484

I was told i need a no-cd crack to make it work, but the only ones i can find register as having trojan viruses.
Does anyone have a no-cd crack that doesn't have a virus, or can someone teach me to modify the original file?
i've examined it in HxD and Notepad++, and it all looks like gibberish so i don't want to mess with it.

please and thank you :3

#2 15-04-2017 
@nyanchan

No CD hack for M&G - this is the one I use.

I'd start with this one, but it does sound like the virtual drive isn't set up properly. Are you able to use the virtual drive for anything else.

#3 30-04-2017 
  • Registered
thanks, i'll give it a try. i actually forgot i asked for help in this matter. The virtual drive worked for everything else so far, including installing the entire sims 2.

nope it detects a trojan virus.

#4 01-05-2017 
@nyanchan There isn't a trojan on this exe, which is the one I've been using for the last 7 odd years. So, I'm not sure what your application is detecting.

You need to change the compatibility to Windows 8 for Windows 10.

I am not familiar at all with Virtual drives, so I'm not sure what else I can do.

#5 11-05-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel well i've had no luck finding one that doesn't set off the antivirus, so maybe its just something that the exe is. I'm gonna trust you on this one. thanks for the help.

well now i'm having more trouble. i finally managed to get my antivirus to leave it alone, but it tells me first that my computer doesn't have directX something or other, and then it tells me to re-install because some files are corrupted.

*sigh* i just want to play sims.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 10:15 PM by nyanchan.)

#6 12-05-2017 
@nyanchan

That means that the graphic rules.sgr need to be tweaked. This is ok, I can help you with this.

You need to run a DXDiag for me and upload the text file that is generated by it.

Also if you have a config-log.txt in your log folder, upload that.

I will be able to look at those details and set up a card that will work for you.

#7 13-05-2017 
  • Registered
Here they are. thank you so much! i notice it doesn't mention anywhere in there, but i have Nvidia for most gaming graphic things.

Attached File(s)
.txt  ITS-SO-LIGHT-config-log.txt (Size: 1.09 KB / Downloads: 1147)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 85.21 KB / Downloads: 974)

#8 28-06-2020 
  • Registered
Help me!
[/quote]
Please help me fix this error. Thank you.

#9 28-06-2020 
@honguyenbinh,

If you want help, you will need to start your own thread, instead of breaking into the thread of another person. You wil also need to explain your problem, and give us the information that the section below asks you for - ie: we need you to ATTACH (not copy & paste) a copy of your most recent -config-log.txt file. Without all that, it will be a long wait before someone can actually do anything for you.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option