Directx 9.0c Problem
#11 08-05-2017 
Hiya I have been playing with this for quite a while and I'm still having no luck Sad

Still getting the failed to find a directx 9.0c graphics card error.

Any more advice you can give me?

#12 08-05-2017 
@Dta316

If you're still getting the graphics card error, then there is a likelihood is that it's not reading your changed graphic rules and video card. Can you give me the following information:

1. a new config-log.txt
2. screenshots of where you installed the files including all the files
3. if the folders in the program files section are set up in the order that I've set out up here.

(The reason why I ask for no.3 is that we had a similiar error, and it turned out that the ultimate collection hadn't installed properly).

#13 08-05-2017 
Thanks for all the help.

I have attached the paths (the paths seem to match what you said) and I have extracted the files into both locations.

Can't believe how hard it is to play lol.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  MSI-config-log.txt (Size: 8.65 KB / Downloads: 361)

#14 08-05-2017 
@Dta316

OK. That is set up correctly.

In the meantime, I missed that you said that it was working in windowed, but not in full screen in the first post. That is actually an error that we can't fix - If you can use it in windowed mode, then unfortunately you are stuck using windowed mode only.

Do you have the directx error in windowed mode?

You can set your windowed mode to the size of your full screen, but that's about it. For some reason, some people have this problem and we've tried most things.

#15 08-05-2017 
I don't get the error in windowed mode and it seems to work fine but I can't seem to make the window any bigger?

#16 09-05-2017 
@Dta316 That I can help you with. Big Grin

Go into your Graphic Rules.sgr and search on 'ScreenModeResolution'
Then change the bolded settings to what's shown below.

setting $High
uintProp maxResWidth 1920
uintProp maxResHeight 1080

uintProp defaultResWidth 1024
uintProp defaultResHeight 768

Save your graphic rules, and when you go into the game next, you'll find that 1920x1080 is available.

#17 09-05-2017 
Do I do this in both locations?

#18 09-05-2017 
@Dta316 yup.

#19 09-05-2017 
Thanks so much for all your help.

Unfortunately making that edit didn't work however adding -w -r1920x1080 to the shortcut worked perfectly.

#20 10-05-2017 
@Dta316 that change allowed the -r to work. Smile Glad it's working now.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option