Direct x error new computer
#1 15-04-2017 
HEy im back my last laptop that had the issues with pink flashing failed . so i went and got another computer and put my entire ea folder on it from my old game and im getting direct x error . attached what i thought was correct plz help. i also did graphics rules maker

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  DESKTOP-IJJ6AG0-config-log.txt (Size: 7.54 KB / Downloads: 364)

#2 16-04-2017 
So i started sims 2 bodyshop that works fine but still getting direct error on sims i looked at the config log text and it said card not in data base so i went and looked at the video cards in config and my card was on the config but not on the csc config so i added it and still no luck im
Going to attach the config log text

#3 27-04-2017 
@Chzis

You need to install these two files

Video Cards - Radeon - 9830
Graphic Rules - Radeon - Texture Fix

WHERE TO INSTALL FIXES:
In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

How much RAM do you have? I'm a bit concerned that you only have 640Mb free memory.
Memory: 2048MB
Free memory: 640MB

That's not a lot for running your game, especially if you are using Custom Content.

#4 27-04-2017 
they said they added the ram from my old computer and all 25 g of my cc is already on here

#5 27-04-2017 
and i already added my graphics card to the list on my old one but i installed them both and nothing changed
ihave a vanilla game and a cc heavy "sims 2 ultimate collection folder" and i tried bothh of them

#6 28-04-2017 
@Chzis

Can you do another DXDiag, and do a 'save all information', then upload the dxdiag.txt and a new config-log.txt I want to see if your changes took.

Also can you confirm that you put both the files in both the folders?

#7 28-04-2017 
here you go if this computer is just a flop ill got get a better one tell me what you think . and im sorry to hear about your cat i wish her a healthy recovery

forgot to attach

.txt  DESKTOP-IJJ6AG0-config-log.txt (Size: 1.09 KB / Downloads: 412)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 83.04 KB / Downloads: 580)
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2017 10:18 PM by Chzis.)

#8 01-05-2017 
@Chzis

OK. Lets fix this first. See where you have folders for Video Cards? The game can't find things in those folders so they need to be in taken out of the folder and put in the same place as the graphic rules.sgr.

Also make sure they are named Video Cards.sgr or the game won't find them.

But that's why your game is falling over - it can't find the Video Cards.sgr

#9 01-05-2017 
okay so i took out both folders in the csc and the regular config log and it still didnt work and idk if this is how u ment change the name but it shows that they are already srg files

#10 02-05-2017 

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option