Flickering Snow Texture in Ultimate Collection
#1 17-04-2017 
  • Registered
Hiya,

Please forgive me for my noobish-ness, but this problem is driving me absolutely insane.

I am running Ultimate Collection on Windows 10. So far, it's been a pain in the rear to get everything working normally, but I've covered almost all graphical issues Windows 10 brings about.

Keyword being almost.

Whenever it snows, the texture on the ground (the snow) will flicker when I move my mouse or camera. I'm talking rave-status. The problem is most noticeable over decks or foundations.

I've fixed the flickering textures I had before in neighborhood view by tweaking the graphics file a little, but no amount of fiddling with the graphics file seems to help the snow texture from flickering.

I've updated my video card file as well with the help of this site, and the problem still persists.[attachment=3061]

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-MQF3QBS0-config-log.txt (Size: 10.41 KB / Downloads: 408)

#2 21-04-2017 
  • Registered
Anyone have any ideas?

#3 27-04-2017 
@kpsis443

Your Graphic Rules looks to be correct looking at your config-log.txt

When you say the snow textures flicker - are they pink or the colour they're supposed to be? I'm just wondering from the point of view of whether it's a texture memory/graphics card problem (pink) or a CPU problem (white).

Do you have the game running as admin and compatibility set to Windows 8?

Could you do a DXDiag and upload it for me? I may need to tweak your card to give it more memory to play with.

#4 12-08-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel
Hi, I hope it's not too late to reply to this thread or that I'm going against forum rules by posting nearly 4 months later. If I am, please let me know. I just now remembered I posted this. (I am a bit scatterbrained)
The snow textures are the color they're supposed to be (white).
I haven't tried running the game in compatibility mode or as an admin, but I'll try that now.
Here's my DXDiag file, again, let me know if I've messed up. Hopefully it's not too late for me. o.O
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 93.68 KB / Downloads: 398)
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 12:05 AM by kpsis443.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option