The Sims 2 UC slow clicking problems
#1 23-04-2017 
  • Registered
Hi. I need help.
I have Windows 10 and my Sims 2 UC game. Everything is working fine which I am very happy about. But there is a problem - everytime I am clicking on Sims, buying clothes, building house, in CAS.. everytime I click on buttons it takes a few seconds, in build/buy mode and CAS even more. It drives me crazy! Everything is really fast but when clicking on something which I mentioned is pain. I read some of the similar problems other people had but I am not sure what I have to do. For example I am in CAS. I am at hair catalog. I click on some hair to try it out. It takes few seconds to load. And when I want to try some hair which is on the last page I have to wait all the pages to load. It's crazy. Also, when I have more than 2 Sims, I click on one Sim, then another and it usually loads few seconds too. I don't want that loading and waiting. Is there anybody who can help me? Huh Thanks. (Sorry for my bad english, I am not really good when it comes to explain something.)

.txt  CROLAP--config-log.txt (Size: 10.2 KB / Downloads: 426)
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2017 06:22 PM by Sims2Forever.)

#2 27-04-2017 
@Sims2Forever

Lag can happen for a few reasons - because you have too much CC, because you are using a version of the game that still has SECUROM in it, because you're not running it admin mode with the smooth edges all the way up, because you don't have enough RAM. Any of these could be true for you.

Looking at your config-log.txt -

1. It could be a RAM problem
You've got 1432Mb of RAM for CC - that's less than 2G, but it should be ok for a moderate amount. How much RAM do you actually have? What you may need to do is make a change to allow the game to access more RAM if you have it.

2. How much CC do you have? for less than 2G RAM, you shouldn't have *too* much. The lag occurs when it has to move information into and out of RAM, the more it has to move the more time it takes. You may need to reduce the amount of CC you have in game.

3. Have you removed Securom and are using a NO CD Hack? If not - you'll need to.

If you let me know what your RAM and your CC load is, I'll see what we can do to fix it.

#3 27-04-2017 
  • Registered
Hi! I just installed TS2 UC so there is no way I have CC. Smile

What is SECUROM? How can I remove it?
How do I allow the game to access more RAM?
Where can I download NO CD Hack?

I have 4,00 GB of RAM (3,84 GB is usable).

Thanks for your help.

#4 28-04-2017 
@Sims2Forever

1. Removing Securom post
No-CD Hack

2. Use more than 2G of RAM post

Also - can you do a DXDiag for me, and upload the report? (There's a button that says 'save all information as...' - you use that to create a text file).

#5 29-04-2017 
  • Registered
(27-04-2017 08:32 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @Sims2Forever

Lag can happen for a few reasons - because you have too much CC, because you are using a version of the game that still has SECUROM in it, because you're not running it admin mode with the smooth edges all the way up, because you don't have enough RAM. Any of these could be true for you.

Looking at your config-log.txt -

1. It could be a RAM problem
You've got 1432Mb of RAM for CC - that's less than 2G, but it should be ok for a moderate amount. How much RAM do you actually have? What you may need to do is make a change to allow the game to access more RAM if you have it.

2. How much CC do you have? for less than 2G RAM, you shouldn't have *too* much. The lag occurs when it has to move information into and out of RAM, the more it has to move the more time it takes. You may need to reduce the amount of CC you have in game.

3. Have you removed Securom and are using a NO CD Hack? If not - you'll need to.

If you let me know what your RAM and your CC load is, I'll see what we can do to fix it.

(28-04-2017 08:17 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @Sims2Forever

1. Removing Securom post
No-CD Hack

2. Use more than 2G of RAM post

Also - can you do a DXDiag for me, and upload the report? (There's a button that says 'save all information as...' - you use that to create a text file).

.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 66.25 KB / Downloads: 481)

#6 01-05-2017 
@Sims2Forever

Yup - doing those two are going to resolve it for you. Let me know when you're done, and how you went.

#7 19-05-2017 
  • Registered
Hi sorry for late reply! I was busy with school so I had no time to do this.

Anyways, I looked up for securom instructions and I just don't understand them.. they are very complicated. I installed it and I don't know what should I do next. I'm just very confused. I really wanna play TS2. Sad
When I search for SecuROM removal on Windows, it doesn't pop out as option. Is it even installed? Please help.

#8 26-05-2017 
@Sims2Forever

This is the important bit:

Download Removal_tool.zip

1. Unzip the download, it doesn't matter where.
2. Double-click on "SecuROM™ Remover.exe" to start the program.
a. When it asks - Agree to the terms of the EULA (find a copy of the EULA here), select Yes.
It will bring up a window with all the SecuROM™ related files, folders and registry keys present on your PC for the currently logged on Windows user
b. When it asks - Agree to delete these files

Save the zip somewhere, just in case - and delete the program.

THEN

go to \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\

3. Rename Sims2EP9.exe to Sims2EP9-old.exe or something similiar.
4. Download No CD Hack and put it into the same folder as Step 3.
5. Unzip it using 'Extract here'.

Then you're done.

#9 28-05-2017 
  • Registered
OMG, OMG!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Big Grin Big Grin
you're the best, everything is working perfectly!!!!!! :DDD

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option