Help with Wants and Object Categories
#11 29-04-2017 
Every time you change **ANYTHING** about your mods, it's always wise to clear the cache files before starting the game. Because otherwise, the game will assume that all those files are still there, try to call them when a BHAV asks for them, and THEN finally notice... "Hey, WTF, where have they gone???" So THAT is what caused the error that you published.

What mod could have a BHAV like "Social - VoodooEffect", that affects the way the Voodoo Doll works? How would *I* know? The description of the mod in question would mention something about it. Or at least it *should*!

#12 29-04-2017 
Well BoilingOil to me you are a Guru when it comes to MODs and such for Sims 2, so I guess that I figure that you know a lot of stuff. I have made a lot of stupid mistakes in this game, I look at them as learning experience.

Anyway I am guessing that it must be LBFNomoreVoodooBackfire.package by [black_spirit] on MTS, as this MOD prevents the Back Fire possibility from occurring on the Voodoo Doll, I will check and see after I clear the cache files.

#13 29-04-2017 
Thank you for the praise. I'm not sure I deserve to be on a pedestal, but I appreciate it anyway Smile

I must have unlearned how to read error logs... It seems that this *might* be the culprit file indeed. The BHAV in it fits all the parameters - it has the right name and ID, and is of sufficient length - so, although I cannot see how, it's possible that if you remove this mod (and delete the cache files), everything will be fine.

#14 30-04-2017 
Quote:Thank you for the praise. I'm not sure I deserve to be on a pedestal, but I appreciate it anyway Smile

I must have unlearned how to read error logs... It seems that this *might* be the culprit file indeed. The BHAV in it fits all the parameters - it has the right name and ID, and is of sufficient length - so, although I cannot see how, it's possible that if you remove this mod (and delete the cache files), everything will be fine.

Well I spent about 4 hours testing and I deleted the cache files each time, and I could not find the culprit, even after I removed the Downloads folder I still got the same error. I deleted the cash files again and did the test again without a Downloads folder installed and I still got the same error.

Any idea what I should do next?
lordtyger9, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Oct 2015.
(This post was last modified: 30-04-2017 02:52 AM by lordtyger9.)

#15 30-04-2017 
I'm sorry for all the extra work you now have to do, @lordtyger9.

And if you remove the Wants and WantTuning packages, everything works normally? Because THAT is the big test, isn't it? That's the only way to make sure that they would be responsible. I cannot imagine how they could be, but it must be tested.

And if they are also not to blame, then we STILL have to figure out what IS the cause if this problem.

#16 30-04-2017 
Ok next step is delete the cache files, remove the Downloads folder and replace the Wants and WantTuning packages, with the originals and then run the game and see if the error still happens.

I will let you know shortly.

Edit: update

Ok I replaced the custom Wants.package and WantTuning.package files with the originals and then tested making sure to delete the cache files each time. I tested with the Downloads folder in place and I tested without the Downloads folder, no error each time.

During my 4 hours of earlier testing I tested each time I had removed half of all MODs and I made sure to delete the cache files each time, then after I had removed all of the MODs I again deleted the cache files and then tested again without the Downloads folder to make sure that I hadn't left a stray MOD in place before and to make sure that there wasn't some other file in my Downloads folder that was causing the problem.

Very Frustrating day today. sigh

I appreciate very much that you are helping @BoilingOil, at least I have good advice from you. Makes it a little better.

Except that on another note: The only good part of my day was I am getting Solar Power on my Real Life House.
(This post was last modified: 30-04-2017 03:06 AM by lordtyger9.)

#17 30-04-2017 
Ok, so though it should not do this, those Wants files DO cause some kind of problem... I think you should stop using them, and report the problem at the place you got those files form. I don't know if the author is still active, so I'm not certain that anyone will ever fix this. But at least new users will be warned what to expect.

I'm sorry for all the hardship that you had to go through without any positive results, @lordtyger9. I wish things could have been different.

#18 30-04-2017 
Well I got them from Squinge's site, not sure if he is active, but I will post a note over there about the problem.

I plan to use them and put up with the problem that Fortune Sims have with the unnamed want object error since it only shows up with Fortune Sims and is not as annoying as the Voodoo Doll disappearing with a jump bug.

Oh BTW upon checking InSimenator Squinge wrote in the Thread about these files that they were to be put into the Downloads Folder or a Sub Folder within the Downloads folder, so I am just going to post about the unnamed wantable issue.

#19 03-05-2017 
  • Registered
Hi, I just found this discussion here on Leefish, and thought I post my thoughts here, too. We have an ongoing discussion on MTS about the same issue here http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=593661

I ran some tests yesterday, and I believe I found the solution. LordTyger and I use a Mac, so BV is our latest EP. Squinge never updated his mod „NewLTWEnabled“ for BV. BV though introduced a few items like the massage table and the sauna. Whenever a Fortune Sims rolls a want to buy these items, the game with Squinge´s mod and the altered wants packages doesn´t „know“ these items, and produces a blank want slot with „Unnamed wantable object“.

Squinge updated his mod to FT and AL, but since we are on a Mac, we can´t use these mods. Well, technically we can, at least I did it, but then the game has different items that were added to the respective EPs that I don´t have, and other blank want slots appear.

Annaminna reported a similar issue with her M&G game, and I went back to Squinge´s mods and noticed there never was an update for M&G, either, so the game doesn´t recognize the M&G items, and voilá, throws another „Unnamed wantable object“ error.

I could be completely off with my findings, since I didn´t do any extensive testing, but something tells me that this is the issue.

Hugelunatic mentioned that all these „Unnamed wantable objects“ are BV related, BO explained that the wants packages „have to do with the way wants are rolled for your sims“, and LordTyger found that removing the want packages indeed eliminates the error, so I think I am on a right track here with my explanation.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

#20 03-05-2017 
@Rebellina, your take on this issue makes perfect sense to me. If those files were never updated to contain knowledge of BV and/or M&G objects, then erroneous wants would indeed show up. Also, this would explain why there's stuff going wrong with the Voodoo Doll. It's a BV object, something that the mod wasn't able to deal with.

Sorry, that is a members only option