[split] Sims2 UC and Windows 10 CAS Crash
#1 23-04-2017 
  • Registered
Hi I'm having the exact same problem as the original poster. Sims 2 UC crashes when going to create-a-sim or loading a lot. So far it looks like all lots cause the error. Admittedly I've had this issue for several years and intermittently would search the web for a resolution so it's been quite some time since I've been able to play. I think the issue started with Windows 7 but I don't recall ever getting it to work. Currently I'm on Windows 10.

I've already tried the solution with the .rar downloads but that didn't work for me. Please help me. I'm going through withdrawl. Sims 2 was my favorite installment.

Attached File(s)
.txt  GLYTCH-config-log.txt (Size: 10.43 KB / Downloads: 422)

#2 27-04-2017 
@insomnsdreme
You need these cards:

Video Cards - Intel 0126
Graphics Card - Intel

You need to make sure you running it as admin, and that you have smooth edges set to Max.

Can you do this, then try it again and let me know how you go.

#3 29-04-2017 
  • Registered
It's still crashing when loading a lot and trying to create a sim. I did change the persmissions to admin using the shortcut but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do it a different way inside the Origin program itself. He's the latest log. Thanks for your help.

Attached File(s)
.txt  GLYTCH-config-log.txt (Size: 10.43 KB / Downloads: 439)

#4 29-04-2017 
@insomnsdreme

Where have you put the cards? According to your config, they're not being picked up. Which would also explain why you're still crashing.

#5 30-04-2017 
  • Registered
I put them both in these folders

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig

#6 01-05-2017 
@insomnsdreme

When you installed them, did you unzip them? Can you show me a screen shot of your folder? Thanks.

#7 03-05-2017 
  • Registered
Yes I downloaded a rar extractor and unzipped them.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#8 08-05-2017 
@insomnsdreme

OK - the problem is that you have them in separate folders, and not in the main folder so it's using the old existing one. I can see that you've unzipped it a couple of times, but each time you've unzipped it to a folder.

See in the folder where the graphic rules.sgr is and dated '12/2/2010'? You need to get the ones from the folder and overwrite that.

Try that, and then come back to me with the results - in a screen shot please.

#9 10-05-2017 
  • Registered
OMG, YOU FIXED IT!!!! It's a little laggy at start up but that's an acceptable draw back. You are totally amazing and I wish I could fully convey my sense of gratitude to you!!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option