New Laptop w/ Win 10- need help with Graphics
#11 09-05-2017 
@LisaG45

This works for Intel definitely, and maybe for NVidia. Now that we have a reliable backup, and you can get into your game, we can work on getting the NVidia card working.

First up - you need to set up outside the game that the Sims 2 uses the NVidia card. The way you do this is with the NVidia utility - I'm on Radeon, so I can't tell you how to do that. But I believe it's fairly simple.

Once you've done that, go into the game, come out and check your config-log.txt and see if you have the NVidia card listed.

If you do, come back and let me know how it went, and upload your config-log.txt.
If you don't, you need to fiddle with the Nvidia utility a bit more. If you can't get it to find the NVidia card to be seen, don't worry - Intel card is more than capable of looking after Sims 2.

#12 09-05-2017 
  • Registered
Excellent! I'll look into getting that done tonight or tomorrow afternoon (it's 11 pm here right now) and let you know. Thanks again for all the help. I seriously appreciate it! Smile

EDIT-
So I went into the Nvidia Utility and forced it to become the default card for the Sims 2 M&G and then tried to enter the game. I can hear the game booting up, but on the screen the only thing I can see is like a screenshot of my desktop wallpaper at the moment I started the game up. I can't interact with it or anything and had to use Task Manager to get out of the game. I checked and the new Config log does list the Nvidia card, but I have no idea how anything looked in the game itself because of the wallpaper snapshot thing happening. I'm attaching the new Config log. If you know how to fix this I would be really appreciative, but honestly the Intel graphics don't look bad so if I end up playing with just them I'm still be very pleased.

.txt  LAPTOP-V4CTJOE7-config-log.txt (Size: 10.33 KB / Downloads: 313)
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2017 06:42 AM by LisaG45.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option