windows 10 intel graphics problem
#1 07-05-2017 
  • Registered
hi, first time posting here.

i have a flickering issue in my game (like in this thread http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7728), and i don't know what's causing it. i have tried every fix on here, nothing is working.
i have an nvidia 960m but my game can only run through intel or else it will refuse to start.

ive attached my config log, it still reports my graphics card isnt in the database even though ive added it in and checked it three times.
ive also added a screenshot of what i added to my video cards.sgr

i'm so lost and frustrated.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  DESKTOP-8PMSS1K-config-log.txt (Size: 10.44 KB / Downloads: 377)

#2 08-05-2017 
@gke

This should help you out - the problem is not so much your video card not in the database, as the game can't find your texture memory size.

Download these two cards:
Graphic Rules - INTEL - Texture Fix
Video Cards.sgr - INTEL - 191b

You don't mention if you have Ultimate Collection or the CD/DVD's so I've done both places for you. Also if you have the DVDs what packs do you have? If you have them all you put it in the Mansion and Gardens one, if you have a compilation, then you need to put them in Mansion and Gardens and in the compilation game as well.

Ultimate Collection
Install them in the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

CD/DVDs
In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Note: If you have a deluxe edition or so on - look for the expansion that has EP99 - that is the one you'll need to use.

#3 09-05-2017 
  • Registered
THAT FIXED IT THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option