Sims 2 UC Flickering issue on Windows 10
#1 16-05-2017 
  • Registered
Hello, this is my first time posting here. I'm using Windows 10 and I recently reinstalled The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and I've been experiencing flickering graphics when moving the camera. I've tried to use the graphic rules fixes on here and some others I found elsewhere, but only one worked and it made my whole game lag. Smooth edges isn't enabled either, but I think that's because my laptop can't handle it. But other than that, Sims plays fairly well on my laptop and I'm able to play on high settings. The flickering issue is quite annoying, though.

I would include some screenshots, but the flickering only lasts a second and goes away when the camera is still. One thing I should mention is that the flickering isn't as apparent when all settings are on high, but it's still there.

.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 90.46 KB / Downloads: 735)

.txt  config-log.txt (Size: 10.38 KB / Downloads: 449)

#2 16-05-2017 
@vasirah

Generally the way to fix it is set your game to admin, and raise your smooth edges to max. Now, your config-log.txt says that it is set up for smooth edges, but you say that you're on low resolution. So I need to tweak the graphic rules to get your game going correctly. That will take me a little while. I should come back to you today with something.

#3 18-05-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

Thank you for replying so soon! I do have it set to admin and I've tried to find a fix to enable smooth edges, but nothing worked so I just figured my laptop didn't support it. Also no rush! I'm away right now so I may reply slow, but thank you for helping Smile

#4 22-05-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

Any Luck? Smile

#5 26-05-2017 
@vasirah

Sorry - I've not been well. It's on the top of my list of things to do, but my mind is foggy so I don't have the brain to be able to do it. I will do it as soon as I can.

#6 28-05-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

No problem! I hope you feel better and take as long as you need. Smile

#7 20-06-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel Hi! Sorry if I'm a bother, but I was just curious how you're doing and if you were ever able to work on the graphic rules file? If not that's okay! Smile

#8 28-06-2017 
  • Registered
Hey. I got notifications that someone posted on here, but for some reason no other replies are showing up?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option