W10 Sims 2 CD - Lot view Options locked?
#1 10-06-2017 
  • Registered
19Hello there,

I have a gaming laptop and bought The Sims 2 CD/DVD version with Open for Business, Nightlife, FreeTime and HM Fashion Stuff.

I made sure I installed everything correctly. The game works fine (obviously I had to work around to get 1920x1080) but for some reason
I can't change Lot View Options.

As a result, or at least I believe this is related, my neighbours house looks like something out of Minecraft.

I don't know where to start nor finish.

#2 10-06-2017 
@GdsmDave

I can't help you without seeing your config-log.txt. Please upload this - you will find it in My Documents\EA\The Sims2\Logs\ folder.

#3 10-06-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 10:34 PM by GdsmDave.)

#4 11-06-2017 
@GdsmDave

I would have preferred that you attach it - you can do that by using the 'Full editor' button below, and then add it there.

OK. Looking at what you have: You haven't fixed it to work properly. Your minecraft looking hood is because you are set at low resolution.

You need the following files -

Download
Graphic Rules - NVIDIA - Texture Fix - Max Screen size 1920x1080
Video Cards.sgr - NVIDIA - 1c60

WHERE TO INSTALL FIXES:

In the Program folders:

\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Installation = unzipping the above files, putting the .sgr files into the folders and letting them overwrite the existing files.

If none of the disks are compilation, then you put it in the Free Time expansion which looks like your most current expansion. If you have a compilation, then you'll need to put them in the compilation folders wherever you can find \TSData\Res\Config\ and \TSData\Res\CSConfig\

#5 11-06-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel Thank you so much for your help. The options work now but my neighbours house still looks the same, see attached screenshot

http://imgur.com/a/8PIdp

#6 23-06-2017 
@GdsmDave

That's the neighborhood view - unfortunately that's how it looks - it's not low resolution.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option