Sims2 suddenly incompatible w/ Windows 10
#1 12-06-2017 
  • Registered
Operating System: Windows 10

Hello again!

I wanted to start off by saying thank you again for helping me fix my graphics issue with the Sims 2 a few months. I got spend a couple months actually playing the game with no problems what so ever. Until now. Unfortunately my computer is not allowing me to enter the game at all. Every time I press play, it simply states the following, "This application is not compatible with the installed operating system. Please upgrade to Windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or better." I know that generally, unless you download Sims 2 the longer way (thats the only way I can describe it at this point cause my memory is sorta hazy) it will not work with windows 10. I took the longer route when installing each sims 2 expansion and it was definitely working in the past. I was wondering if anyone possibly knew how to fix this. I know this may not have anything to do with the graphics card, but I've gotten some wonderful help before.

Thank you,
Carmela

Attached File(s)
.txt  CARMELA-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.25 KB / Downloads: 328)

#2 23-06-2017 
@CarmelaC

There could be a number of reasons why this is happening. So we'll have to test and find out.

I'd like you to do the following things:

1. Delete the groups.cache, cigen.package, Accessory.cache from your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/ folder
2. Right Click your properties on your shortcut, and change your compatibility mode to Windows 7. Change to admin run, and for all users.
3. Remove all your collections and CC if you have them in there. (This will narrow down where the problem is - whether it's the game or the CC. This is just a temporary thing)
4. Attempt to go in the game.

Let me know what happens.

Also can you let me know when your graphics driver was last updated? Thanks.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option