Sims 2 Won't Start - 8016
#1 23-06-2017 
  • Registered
Hello! I have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection installed on my Windows 10 desktop computer. I have the origin download version that they gave out for free a while back. However, every time I go to launch the Sims 2 I get a pop up that reads: "A required security module cannot be activated. this program cannot be executed (8016)."

I have two options on said pop up, "Launch Analysis" and "Ok". I've tried Launch Analysis a few times, and all it does it give me the same pop up again and an analysis log that I can't look at on my computer. I have tried looking up solutions on google for a while now but nothing has really helped. I've also tried running the game on different compatibility modes but I get the same pop up no matter what. I have managed to get the Sims 1 and 3 to work just fine on my computer, but no matter what I try I can't seem to find a solution.
If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated! If you need to know anything else in order to help me fix the issue please let me know. Thank you.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-EQFN35D-config-log.txt (Size: 7.59 KB / Downloads: 370)

#2 24-06-2017 
@tainoodles

Download these cards:
Graphic Rules - NVIDIA - Texture Fix - Max Screen size 1920x1080
Video Cards.sgr - NVIDIA - 1401

Install them into these folders:
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Install = sgr files, overwriting the originals.

Start with those changes. And come back and let me know what how you go with that.

#3 24-06-2017 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel
I installed them into those folders, but I am still getting the same pop up as before

#4 25-06-2017 
@tainoodles

can you show me your config-log.txt - it may be that the changes haven't been accepted, so I need to see what's happened.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option