An odd graphicsrules discovery and a thanks.
#1 30-06-2017 
  • Registered
Just wanted to say thanks to you guys who have been figuring out how to make Sims 2 work on win10. And note a quick oddity. Tongue

I just got my new laptop today (Nvidia GTX 1070) and loaded my sims 2 game on and realized I had the 800X600 issue so I spent a couple of hours on here messing around with various solutions. In the course of that, I hit the Directx 9c error some and got no results some and at one point I made a mistake. I accidently loaded the graphicsrules update with the original videocard sgr and the darn thing worked like a charm. So, now I can play at 1080 (though the GUI is pretty tiny). The log still shows it isn't recognizing my Nvidia card though, so IDK what happened there. Anyway, thought you could use the info in case it helps with future trouble shooting.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option