Another smooth edges problem
#1 03-07-2017 
  • Registered
Hi all! I was hoping for some help on a problem on Sims 2 that I can't find a solution to. I had the problem of the greyed out smooth edges, but I changed my graphicrules.sgr and now it's available to slide up and down, but it does nothing. All the way on less or all the way on more it doesn't change, it stays boxy and jagged. I've changed the shaders to true, I've added my graphics card to the videocards.sgr and I've done everything on this example: https://pastebin.com/msKBGAzr All other graphics work except for the smooth edges. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've googled my heart out and asked over at Mod, but I can't find anything. I appreciate any help. Thank you so much!

#2 03-07-2017 
@coraldey

Before I can help you, I need to see your config-log.txt, you'll find it in the logs folder in your My Document\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs\

Upload it using Full Editor button below.

#3 03-07-2017 
  • Registered

.txt  DESKTOP-16TCGQK-config-log.txt (Size: 10.2 KB / Downloads: 439)
Thank you for trying to help. Please let me know if there is anything else you need from me. Heart

#4 08-07-2017 
  • Registered
Okay all, I'm just going to get a new graphics card. I just bought a brand new computer and the Radeon 460 is what came with it, but I guess it's not big enough because now if I put more than a dozen CC on a lot it crashes after 10 minutes of play. Soooo, now I need suggestions for what y'all think is the best graphics card. I don't care about other games, I just want to play my Sims 2. What has worked for y'all? I have a CyberPower PC with 8GB 1 TB hard drive. I super appreciate any help and suggestions! <3>3<3

Sorry, that is a members only option