UC Not Starting Error Direct3D E_INVALIDARG!
#1 30-07-2017 
  • Registered
Hi everyone, I just got a new laptop and am trying to reinstall sims 2.

I'm on Windows 10, i57200U, 16BG Ram and I've already downloaded the graphics rules for NVIDIA, and added my video card to the database. I've tried deleting the userprops.xml as well.

I've attached my config file. The error which pops up is Direct3D returned an error: E_INVALIDARG! The application will now terminate.

=( The game runs with the Intel card but ideally I would prefer it to use the NVIDIA one.

I hope someone can help out, I'm really sad to be blocked from my game T.T Thank you!

EDIT: After further testing and reading, I seem to be in the group of simmers who can run the game only in full screen mode. This is a decent compromise for me so the thread can be closed!

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-5OFJV7C-config-log.txt (Size: 9.58 KB / Downloads: 320)
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2017 06:50 PM by MeltheFattie.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option