Castaway Stories Graphics help?
#1 26-08-2017 
Hidey-ho!

I got CS to run on Windows 10, and I fixed the video card.sgr file in Kiri's guide, but I'm still having some trouble with being stuck on wee little 800x600 resolution with smooth edges greyed out! (That and the game still looks like butt, admittedly less so when it started out...) Upon further inspection, it appears in the config log file that it's still appearing as though the database cannot find my card, but I can tell there's not quite as blinding obvious graphical issues in-game (but they do still exist).

It's not exploded yet though, so there is still hope, maybe?

Note: I have Intel Integrated Graphics 520 and an Nvidia GeForce 940MX, I only added the Intel one to the video card file as my system defaults to that one for regular ol' Sims 2 anyhow, and it seems to function on high quality without blowing up. Attached files for perusal!

Attached File(s)
.txt  Graphics Rules.sgr.txt (Size: 29.85 KB / Downloads: 563)
.txt  Video Cards.sgr.txt (Size: 21.7 KB / Downloads: 603)
.txt  LAPTOP-9LI4G0DF-config-log-copy.txt (Size: 10.42 KB / Downloads: 454)
OracleTicTac, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2016.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option