Choppiness and low fps despite attempting many workarounds
#1 29-08-2017 
  • Registered
Hi I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I recently got the sims 2 UC, and have gone to many lengths to try and resolve the choppiness and lag that i get. In normal house situations with 1-2 x speed the game seems to operate fine and sits at a stable 60fps, however at 3x, it starts to degrade, and in community lots at 3x it is insanely choppy and i only get 1-5fps. I have a very good computer and have tried the following things:
  • Using the graphics rule maker to change my graphics file settings to allow for 1080p resolution, recognise my graphics card and increase texture memory
  • Removing Securom and using a no cd exe
  • Using only 1 CPU core

My RAM allowance is 2gb, but i have monitored the RAM usage of the sims 2 while playing and it never exceeds 600mb so I don't think this is an issue. I've attached my log file and am hoping someone can help me out.

Attached File(s)
.txt  sims-config-log.txt (Size: 14.87 KB / Downloads: 325)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option