I cannot find the folder to unzip :(
#1 13-09-2017 
  • Registered
Hey!

I'm gonna keep it brief.
I just bought an used desktop which runs Windows 10. There is no internet yet (and i'm writing this on my phone), so i decided to install sims 2. (Original DVD-game, + couple of additions)
The game loads nicely, but it's super laggy and the graphics are cringe bad. I scrolled back and forth this forum and found the problem:

Graphics device info
AMD Radeon HD 7000 series <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor: 1002, Device 6778

On the thread of graphics cards there doesn't seem to be any fitting files for me :/ scripting my own one isn't my cup of tea (I would need a downloadable one for my card).

+ I cannot even find the folder to unzip it!
(Open \Program Files (x86)\EA\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\Video Cards.sgr)

I was able to find the config-log in the following "address":
My files/EA GAMES/The Sims 2/LOGS/DESKTOP-CKVMDEK-config-log

oh, and i cannot find ANY folder for the additions ANYWHERE on my desktop. The computer has NO OTHER FILES than EA Games atm. Sad

#2 13-09-2017 
I do not wish to be the mean wise-bottom here, but when you speak of the folder "EA Games", do you mean the folder inside the "Documents" folder? Because if you are, then I think you may be looking in the wrong place.
Go back to the base of the C: drive, then into the "Program Files (x86)" folder, and try again.

#3 14-09-2017 
  • Registered
Oh.
That explains a lot, thank you! Smile

-----------------------

Ok, I added my Graphic device info on the Video Cards.sgr, just like the instructions said in here:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6882

I used the info:
AMD Radeon HD 7000 series <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor: 1002, Device 6778

which i found from:
My files/EA GAMES/The Sims 2/LOGS/DESKTOP-CKVMDEK-config-log

I wrote the line:
card 0x6778 "AMD Radeon HD 7000 series"
Under the line:
vendor "ATI 0x1002"
In the file:
C:/Program files (x86)/EA GAMES/The Sims 2 vuodenajat(the newest add-on)/ TSDATA/Res/Config/Video Cards

I saved, ran the game, and closed the game.. But the game is still laggy and the text <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>> is still in there!

Now i found that in the folder i edited, there are two files:
Video Cards (BAK-file)
Video Cards (SGR-file)

The SGR-file has my fix in it. When i open the BAK-file, add my line, and try to save the file in the same folder, i get an error "operation prevented" or something like that (my computer isn't in English.)

What's going wrong? Am i supposed to get the BAK-file fixed? How?

#4 14-09-2017 
  • Registered
I was able to delete the old video card files and replaces them. (Editing wasn't possible). The <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>> -text is still there! Sad

I'm running out of ideas.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option