Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Lag
#1 15-11-2017 
  • Registered
Hello, I posted on here once before, but since then I have gotten a new laptop which fixed my previous problem. However on my new laptop I am experiencing low fps and lag spikes (10-25 fps unpaused and 20-40 fps while paused). I have already tried running the game on low at 800x600 resolution, but the low fps persists. I have also tried using the graphic rules that's provided on here, still low fps. I have also completely removed SecuROM.

I am running Windows 8 bootcamp on my Macbook pro. I think my system is good enough to run Sims 2 on low-medium at least, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd appreciate any help given.

Attached File(s)
.txt  NESSA-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.28 KB / Downloads: 385)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 64.59 KB / Downloads: 368)

#2 30-11-2017 
  • Registered
anyone?

#3 07-01-2018 
@vasirah Sorry for the delay. I've not been well.

Your Graphic Rules and Video Card files are fine.

Where the problem is, is in your CPU - my suspicion is that you're lagging because it can't cope with an octo core. Your base number 2.2GHz is good enough to throttle the game back to 2 cores, and stop the lagging.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

This is detailed in the thread:
How to:Throttle the CPU

Try it and let me know how you go.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option