Please Help!
#1 23-11-2017 
  • Registered
I get the d3derr_outofvideomemory error when loading or placing certain lots. The lots do have cc. Im wondering if its bad cc or just the fact that im now running Sim 2 uc on windows 10. the game didnt give me this problem with win 8.

my specs:
Hard Drive Capacity 1000 gigabytes
Hard Drive TypeSATA
Operating SystemWindows 10
Processor Speed (Base)3.2 gigahertz
Processor ModelAMD Ryzen 5
System Memory (RAM)8 gigabytes
Graphics AMD Radeon RX 580
Cache Memory8 megabytes
Media Card ReaderNo
System Memory RAM Expandable To 64 gigabytes
Type of Memory (RAM)DDR4 SDRAM
Number Of Memory Slots 4
Graphics TypeDiscrete
Video Memory Type Dedicated
Video Memory4096 megabytes
Hard Drive RPM 7200 revolutions per minute
Number Of Internal 3.5" Bays 2
Number Of PCI-E x1 Slots 2
Number Of PCI-E x16 Slots 1
Cooling System Air

.txt  DESKTOP-PK5TAF9-config-log.txt (Size: 10.24 KB / Downloads: 443)

.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 76.58 KB / Downloads: 574)
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2017 07:25 PM by MsReid113.)

#2 07-01-2018 
@MsReid113 Sorry for the delay.

The problem is that UC has mucked up your graphic rules.

You will need to download these files:
Graphic Rules - RADEON - Texture Fix
Video Cards.sgr - RADEON - 67df

Install them into these folders (unzip them and let them over-write the originals):

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

Once you've done this, open up your Graphics Rules.sgr with notepad

Find :
# Kiri - manually setting texture memory
seti textureMemory 1744

and replace 1744 with 8116, and save.

That should get rid of your problem. Come back and let me know.

#3 21-01-2018 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel thanks alot for taking time out to help me fix my problem. Unfortunately its still having the same issue. Could installing a new a better graphic card help. If so what would be my best options. And which is better RADEON or NVIDIA. Thanks again for all your help.

#4 24-01-2018 
It may be a Windows 10 issue. If you have Windows 10 update 1709 (dxdiag will tell you), you may be affected. Microsoft broke lots of games with that update, one of them being Sims 2 UC from Origin. Gwynne and I have been trying different things to get UC working on our Windows 10 machines and the ONLY thing that has helped so far is rolling the operating system back to update 1703 (gwynne did this for science). I don't recommend that, neither does she. You may lose stuff, apps, data, that you installed prior to 1709 and your system will be vulnerable to threats that update 1709 addressed. Also, it's a temporary 'fix' at best since Windows 10 will force an update back to 1709 unless you permanently disconnect it from the network (not a realistic option). If you do want to look into rolling back to 1703, instructions below and/or ask gwynne in her thread in this forum.

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/...ws-10.html

There is some kind of issue with Windows 10 borking graphics drivers. I did an uninstall of my graphics driver with guru3d's display driver uninstaller (DDU) and then manually installed the driver I downloaded from nvidia (custom install, clean install). Very important to do a clean install. Then reboot. The driver clean install alone will probably not fix the issue, although it may take longer to crash than it did before. Kiri posted an excellent link to a video about driver reinstallation.

how to do a clean reinstall of your graphics driver
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/disp...nload.html

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option