Flickering Screen? Windows10
#1 27-11-2017 
  • Registered
Hello,

I'm new here and I recently purchased a new laptop (rest in peace my 9 years old laptop).

My System Info:
ASUS Windows 10
Inter Core i-7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz 2.81GHz
64-bit

I'm able to run sims 2 with ALL of the expansion/packs on it just fine except that whenever I move the camera or zoom in/out, the screen tend to flicker slightly. I downloaded the graphic maker program, it fixed part of the problem but it still flickers and it annoys the heck out of me. I also double checked on the FAQ on how to read my graphic card, it has met all of the requirements except for the last part about the boopProp enumerateMultisampleLevels - mine says false. How may I change it to true permanently?

My config-log.txt is also attached to this.

I would appreciate it if anyone could take a look at my file and let me know what I need to do or anything. Thank you!!

.txt  DMSASUSLAPTOP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.43 KB / Downloads: 337)

Edit: forgot to add this - this has been running without any of CC downloads, just base games with all of its expansion/packs. I also updated all of the patches too. So I know that there's no CC or patch that may cause this.
(This post was last modified: 27-11-2017 04:05 AM by dsmith4675.)

#2 07-01-2018 
@dsmith4675

Unfortunately Graphic Rules Maker doesn't work for all instances. Fortunately, I have a card that will fix it up for you.

GraphicsRules-INTEL-Texture800

Install this in

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\
MUST BE INSTALLED IN BOTH FOLDERS

allow the card to overwrite the existing one.

Once that is in, push the smooth edges up to max. That should fix the flickering.

#3 22-01-2018 
  • Registered
Thank you so much, truly appreciate your help and time with this!! That has worked wonderfully and now I'm able to play without being annoyed with the flickering screen!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option