The Sims 2 UC Windows 10 Crashes
#1 06-12-2017 
  • Registered
Hi all,

I was hoping somebody could help me. I downloaded and installed The Sims 2 UC on Origin earlier today and have also applied all the fixes mentioned in this forum and others but I am still getting random crashes to desktop. It could be when I enter CAS, a neighborhood or anything else for that matter. If it is simply because this game does not work with Windows 10 then I could live with that but I'm reading that people have actually got theirs to work. Any help is much appreciated.

EDIT: After more testing tonight it seems I can play in the Pleasantview neighborhood for a while without any crashes. All the other neighborhoods seem to crash though. Strange.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-1VEKGH9-config-log.txt (Size: 10.28 KB / Downloads: 377)
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2017 12:08 AM by Wizz219.)

#2 08-12-2017 
@Wizz219

Your Video Cards.sgr needs to be updated - if you look at the config-log.txt you can see that:
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Name (database): GeForce GTX 970

The Driver has NVIDIA on the front, and the database does not. The database is video cards.sgr - so if you update your video cards.sgr that will fix that.

If you go into your logs folder, do you have any sims2exception.txt files? if so - can you attach the most recent one to your reply so I can have a look.

There might be a corruption problem with the hoods, depending on how old they are and if you have any CC in your game at the moment.

#3 12-12-2017 
  • Registered
Thanks for the reply. I have updated videocards.sgr and will test it to see if there is any difference. My most recent sims2exception.txt file is attached.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Sims2Exception 2017.12.06 23.02.01.txt (Size: 13.36 KB / Downloads: 570)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option