Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Crashing
#1 07-12-2017 
  • Registered
Hi, new member here! I literally made this account just so I could see if anyone would be able to help me.

Just got my hands on Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - EA were kind enough to give it to me when I told them how my old Sims 2 games were continually crashing.
So, I installed UC, loaded it and sorted out all the expansions for each neighbourhood with no problem at all, and then go onto Create-A-Sim, and the game crashes and tells me 'SIMS 2 EP9 HAS STOPPED WORKING'.

So, I get onto EA help. They tell me to change the compatibility setting to Windows XP SP2, which I do. I've now loaded the game at least 5/6 times, and each time I go into Create-A-Sim, it crashes.

I have no idea what's happening or why it's happening. Weirdly enough, Create-A-Sim is exactly where my old Sims 2 games used to crash.

Can anyone help me? I'm at a complete loss. I am not very tech savvy at all, so I have no clue what to do.

Thank you!!

#2 08-12-2017 
@b000ks

Hi Books. Before we can help you we need to see what the config-log.txt says.
You can find it in the logs folder of your game.

If you select "full editor" when you reply it will let you attach the text file.

I can point you to what you need to do from there.

#3 08-12-2017 
  • Registered
Hi @celebkiriedhel,

Meant to post about this yesterday but ended up not being very well so I completely forgot.

I solved my problem using the technique you gave in this thread: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6886

It's seems to working well at the moment, but I'll come back if I have anymore problems Smile

#4 08-12-2017 
@b000ks

Excellent! Glad to hear.

Sorry, that is a members only option