Dec 8 2017
#1 08-12-2017 
For the next week, I'll be catching up with all the problems and seeing what we can do to fix them.

There's been some new problems caused because of an update to the Ultimate Collection and a way of getting around it - but I will need to test it with you.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#2 04-02-2018 
  • Registered
Hello,
Could you help me with my sims 2(dvd version)? It gives me this error: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the lates drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will not terminate." I tried a lot of things and im pretty sure that installing graphics rules maker helped a little but still it only works as windowed mode but i'd prefer full screen... i can see i have texture memory problem but i dont know how to fix it... I also tired to put your previous files into config and csconfig but it hasnt changed anything. Is there any way i could fix it to be able to play on the full screen?
Thank you in advance.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  LAPTOP-7OOR5MJA-config-log.txt (Size: 8.83 KB / Downloads: 32)

#3 06-02-2018 
@karolinat97 - Could you please upload your graphics rules sgr and video cards sgr files too please? They will helps folks help you.
It would also help to see you dxdiag.txt file. In Windows search, type dxdiag, run dxdiag, press save all info, that makes a dxdiag.txt file.
I think the mods here prefer that folks start a new thread for their issues so you may want to do that.

@celebkiriedhel - Kiri, good to see you back. Take what time you need and take good care of you first and foremost.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2018 04:38 PM by CatOfEvilGeniu.)

#4 06-02-2018 
@CatOfEvilGeniu Did you see the date on Kiri's post? Wink

I see that @karolinat97 runs a Windows 7 system, and starts their game using the "Teen Style Stuff Pack",
and that there is the 32MB Texture Memory bug.

In the Intel section of Video Cards.sgr, a line should be added, saying:

card 0x5917 "Intel® UHD Graphics 620"

The dxdiag.txt may be helpful, because it can tell us how much memory DirectX thinks is available. We need that to fix the 32MB bug.

The only thing that remains after that, is fixing the "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the lates drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate." issue.
I have no idea how Kiri always deals with that, but one might start by finding the latest driver for the video card on the internet, and installing that.

#5 06-02-2018 
@BoilingOil - No, no I did not. Oops. Nevermind, Kiri from the past!

@karolinat97
Your card is an intel, is that some sort of integrated laptop graphics card? Do you happen to have a 2nd card in there, like an nvidia? If you do, go to nvidia panel (right click on your desktop) and change to using the nvidia card, not the intel card. That means we would also need to change both your sgr files to have the nvidia card, not the intel card.

If you have an nvidia card, I recommend doing a clean install of the graphics driver. Get guru3 DDU (display driver uninstall utility). Download the latest driver from nvidia.com. Turn off automatic driver updates in Advanced Windows Settings. Then use DDU to uninstall your driver. Reboot. Your screen will look funny. Don't worry. Double click the driver exe you downloaded from nvidia. Select custom install and clean install. Don't bother installing GeForce Experience unless you really want ShadowPlay for some reason. I'd use OBS or Fraps instead of ShadowPlay if you want to record videos of your games.

#6 08-03-2018 
  • Registered
Hey @celebkiriedhel , @BoilingOil and @leefish
You guys are amazing, I've been trying to figure out this issue for the last few days and read a lot of your replies to people questions and you guys helping them, so thanks for your hard work and effort. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution yet, I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong or not really understand your steps, but I have the sims 2 UC on window 10. The game loads perfectly fine, but when I try to load a lot, household or try create a sim in create a sim it crashes. I had it briefly working and was able to load a lot and build but after a while it crushed again, I would love it if you could help me out, I attached my config log. Smile Thankyou in advance Smile
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2018 08:44 AM by Sa2m.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option