Dec 8 2017
#1 08-12-2017 
For the next week, I'll be catching up with all the problems and seeing what we can do to fix them.

There's been some new problems caused because of an update to the Ultimate Collection and a way of getting around it - but I will need to test it with you.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#2 22-01-2018 
  • Registered
Ea games have downloaded The sims Ultimate collection onto my origin but every time I go to play on it, It crashes at create a sim or when I try and build. they wont help, and ive searched and searched online but not very good with computers so I'm stuck Sad even downloading graphics cards and terrible at lol. keeps coming up with 'the sims 2 mansion and garden stuff' the application has crashed then the sims 2 ep9 has stopped working. could you help me please.
would be much appreciated

#3 04-02-2018 
  • Registered
Hello,
Could you help me with my sims 2(dvd version)? It gives me this error: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the lates drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will not terminate." I tried a lot of things and im pretty sure that installing graphics rules maker helped a little but still it only works as windowed mode but i'd prefer full screen... i can see i have texture memory problem but i dont know how to fix it... I also tired to put your previous files into config and csconfig but it hasnt changed anything. Is there any way i could fix it to be able to play on the full screen?
Thank you in advance.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  LAPTOP-7OOR5MJA-config-log.txt (Size: 8.83 KB / Downloads: 396)

#4 06-02-2018 
@karolinat97 - Could you please upload your graphics rules sgr and video cards sgr files too please? They will helps folks help you.
It would also help to see you dxdiag.txt file. In Windows search, type dxdiag, run dxdiag, press save all info, that makes a dxdiag.txt file.
I think the mods here prefer that folks start a new thread for their issues so you may want to do that.

@celebkiriedhel - Kiri, good to see you back. Take what time you need and take good care of you first and foremost.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2018 04:38 PM by CatOfEvilGeniu.)

#5 06-02-2018 
@CatOfEvilGeniu Did you see the date on Kiri's post? Wink

I see that @karolinat97 runs a Windows 7 system, and starts their game using the "Teen Style Stuff Pack",
and that there is the 32MB Texture Memory bug.

In the Intel section of Video Cards.sgr, a line should be added, saying:

card 0x5917 "Intel® UHD Graphics 620"

The dxdiag.txt may be helpful, because it can tell us how much memory DirectX thinks is available. We need that to fix the 32MB bug.

The only thing that remains after that, is fixing the "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the lates drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate." issue.
I have no idea how Kiri always deals with that, but one might start by finding the latest driver for the video card on the internet, and installing that.

#6 06-02-2018 
@BoilingOil - No, no I did not. Oops. Nevermind, Kiri from the past!

@karolinat97
Your card is an intel, is that some sort of integrated laptop graphics card? Do you happen to have a 2nd card in there, like an nvidia? If you do, go to nvidia panel (right click on your desktop) and change to using the nvidia card, not the intel card. That means we would also need to change both your sgr files to have the nvidia card, not the intel card.

If you have an nvidia card, I recommend doing a clean install of the graphics driver. Get guru3 DDU (display driver uninstall utility). Download the latest driver from nvidia.com. Turn off automatic driver updates in Advanced Windows Settings. Then use DDU to uninstall your driver. Reboot. Your screen will look funny. Don't worry. Double click the driver exe you downloaded from nvidia. Select custom install and clean install. Don't bother installing GeForce Experience unless you really want ShadowPlay for some reason. I'd use OBS or Fraps instead of ShadowPlay if you want to record videos of your games.

#7 08-03-2018 
  • Registered
Hey @celebkiriedhel , @BoilingOil and @leefish
You guys are amazing, I've been trying to figure out this issue for the last few days and read a lot of your replies to people questions and you guys helping them, so thanks for your hard work and effort. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution yet, I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong or not really understand your steps, but I have the sims 2 UC on window 10. The game loads perfectly fine, but when I try to load a lot, household or try create a sim in create a sim it crashes. I had it briefly working and was able to load a lot and build but after a while it crushed again, I would love it if you could help me out, I attached my config log. Smile Thankyou in advance Smile
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2018 08:44 AM by Sa2m.)

#8 21-09-2018 
Something you may want to try:

I have three computers running The Sims 2. They have nVidia (1060Ti, GTX 950, and NVS GT 730m).

My newest acquisition (ThinkPad T440p), has the nVidia NVS GT730m graphics array, and the Intel HD4600 on-board. I have yet to try Sims on the nVidia chipset. However, Sims 2 is much easier to run on HD graphics, if your CPU is a 4thGen. and up. Those have HD4600 to HD630 (Iris) graphics, which run Sims 2 just fine. Newer HD graphics will run Sims 2 just fine, but sometimes, you need to re-install the DirectX 9c drivers. Keep DirectX 9c handy, and if this happens again, just re-install it. See if that fixes it.

IF YOU USE THE NVIDIA GRAPHICS. Keep your video drivers handy also. I've had the same issue with my nVidia, GTX950 machine. Re-installing the video drivers, fixes the issue.

I don't have any issues running Sims on my HD4600 on-board graphics at all. It never dumps the drivers. However, the graphics on my OTHER two machines (newer HD520, and HD620) WILL dump the DirectX once in a while. I re-install, and everything is peaceful in "Smoogoslavia" once again.... For a while Wink.

Another thing. All my machines run Win8.1Pro. When I load Sims, and choose a neighborhood, my screen goes pitch black, but I still hear the music. No problem. I just hit my "Windows" key. It goes to the desktop, and I click on the Sims 2 icon in the taskbar, and the hood pops right up.
I'm not sure if this is a Win8.1 thing, or if it happens in Win10 also. This isn't an issue with Win7. I'll have to give it a try on Win10. Either way, it doesn't hurt the game to do this, and it runs fine.

Keep us updated!

Good Luck. Smile
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2018 04:53 PM by Kunder.)

#9 21-09-2018 
(08-03-2018 02:43 AM)Sa2m Wrote:  Hey @celebkiriedhel , @BoilingOil and @leefish
You guys are amazing, I've been trying to figure out this issue for the last few days and read a lot of your replies to people questions and you guys helping them, so thanks for your hard work and effort. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution yet, I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong or not really understand your steps, but I have the sims 2 UC on window 10. The game loads perfectly fine, but when I try to load a lot, household or try create a sim in create a sim it crashes. I had it briefly working and was able to load a lot and build but after a while it crushed again, I would love it if you could help me out, I attached my config log. Smile Thankyou in advance Smile
Also, I noticed you're running "UHD Graphics 620", AND Windows 7. UHD graphics are found on newer, low voltage systems running Windows 10, the drivers are not compatible with Win7. Has this machine been downgraded to Win7 that you know of? If so, you probably have a compatibility issue with your video driver. If this is the case, you may need to re-install Windows 10, and use that. If you've done this yourself, what was it about Win10, that you didn't like? There are workarounds for all of Win10/Sims 2 issues.

I don't like Win10 much myself, but it will run Sims 2.

MY issues with Win10, are that the updates WILL run before you get time to see what they're for, or do, and when Microsoft wants it done. I don't like that at all!

I have a couple of Win 10 machines that I am able to turn updates on/off when *I* want it done. Not when Microsoft wants it done. Anyone interested in how this is done, let me know.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2018 05:18 PM by Kunder.)

#10 22-09-2018 
(21-09-2018 05:01 PM)Kunder Wrote:  MY issues with Win10, are that the updates WILL run before you get time to see what they're for, or do, and when Microsoft wants it done. I don't like that at all!

I have a couple of Win 10 machines that I am able to turn updates on/off when *I* want it done. Not when Microsoft wants it done. Anyone interested in how this is done, let me know.
Does it involve setting your Internet Connection to Metered? That's what I did when I came home, tried to play Neverwinter Nights multiplayer and found that I couldn't get the game to load because Microsoft had shoved their latest half-baked update down my throat and boogered everything up! So I uninstalled that update and set my connection to Metered so that Microsoft couldn't force their updates on me without my permission, permission which I'll never grant because I couldn't give a fig about Microsoft and their bogeyman stories about internet security and phishing and blah blah blah; anything that Microsoft can block, my paid Kaspersky Internet Security subscription can block better, and without boogering up my games. Tongue

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option