Sims 2 Ultimate Collection keeps crashing
#1 09-12-2017 
Hey everyone!

So I have a problem with my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin. It's keep crashing ones in awhile. Sometimes it crashes when I start the game and sometimes I can play the game in like 2-3 hours and then crashing for no reason. And the weird thing about it is that the game can crash for diffrent things everytime. The last time the game crashed when I was in a family playing and I switched over to the Word mode. And the second time I played it crashed when I was going to change apperance on a sim..

My laptop should handle the game cause it is a gaming laptop with high or should I call it very good specs, however..

So I was wondering if there was someone who could help me fix it from keep crashing. I would appreciate it alot!

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 EP9
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.2
CPU: 3796.800048Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 2048MB
Free memory: 2048MB
User: rebec
Computer: REBECKA-ASUS
=== Sound device info ===
Name: Unknown
Driver: Unknown
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1be1, Board: 13f01043, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvldumd.dll, Version: 23.21.13.8843, GUID: D7B71E3E-58A1-11CF-7851-FD331BC2DA35
Driver version: 8843
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.780373, 16:9
Screen mode: 1920x1080x32BPP,120Hz
Texture memory: 2047MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017 10:46 PM by Beckilly.)

#2 17-12-2017 
Hi Beckilly

In under a week, you have now started THREE different threads, all with exactly the same message. And in none of these threads, you give us the information that is asked of you for any of us to be able to help you. As the "Information we need" message -- right below this post -- suggests, you are supposed to attach a copy of your full [xxxx]-config-log.txt file. It even explains to you how to do that!

I've removed the other two threads you started. Now, don't start any more threads about the same problem. We need only one. if you need to add more information, you can add a new post to this thread!
And please, be patient. The one person most capable of solving these problems, has her own issues to deal with in real life. And most of the others here are not as good at fixing your issue. Sometimes, it takes a while. We're sorry, but that's how it is.

#3 18-12-2017 
But I have the config text right there..?

.txt  DESKTOP-SN9MHCJ-config-log.txt (Size: 10.25 KB / Downloads: 394)

Attached File(s)
.txt  REBECKA-ASUS-config-log.txt (Size: 10.25 KB / Downloads: 373)
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2017 10:17 PM by Beckilly.)

#4 18-12-2017 
Btw, sorry if I'm like slow with this but I don't understand Everything it's all very new + I'm from Sweden so I still learn English. That's why I'm not reallt that good at understanding and so on.

But I hope I have done it right now. Thanks for responding!

#5 19-12-2017 
We all do the best we can, @Beckilly. Don't worry about not understanding everything immediately. Reading technical stuff in a strange foreign language is never easy, I know.
Anyway, you had copied a PART of the config file into your first message, but we need the WHOLE file. The way you did it in your last post, is the good way. Thank you.

I think you can safely delete the one that is named "DESKTOP-SN9MHCJ-config-log.txt", because that one is very old.
Do you know how to edit a text file?

If you do, then maybe you could go to the folder \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\

and find the file that is named "Video Cards.sgr". Open that file, and scroll down to the section that is labeled "NVIDIA"
Now put in a new line that reads

card 0x1be1 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070"

Then, save the file, and make a copy of it in the folder \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

Then right-click on your desktop, and select the NVIDIA Control Panel from the menu. In the bottom left corner of that screen, click "system information". Now it will show you a panel with your video card's details. In that window, find the line "Dedicated Video Memory" and write down the number you see there.

Go back to the folder \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\

Find the file that is named "Graphics Rules.sgr" and open it. Find the line that reads "seti textureMemory 2047", and change the "2047" into the number that you just wrote down.
Save the file, and again make a copy in the folder \Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

I'm not sure if this will fix the problem immediately, but that way we at least make sure that the graphics settings are not the reason for your crashes.
If you've made the changes, run the game for a little while, and THEN send us a new copy of the config-log.txt, please. If there are more problems, we will try to find and fix them.

#6 20-12-2017 
Thanks for the information/help!
I have done everything you said, I'm about to start Sims 2 and see if it will work!
I will inform you shortly if it works or not.

#7 29-12-2017 
It's sadly still crashing Sad here is the new config file:

Attached File(s)
.txt  REBECKA-ASUS-config-log.txt (Size: 10.21 KB / Downloads: 414)

#8 29-12-2017 
OK. I'm sorry that your problem has not yet been solved, @Beckilly. The best I can say is, that the crashes are most likely not caused by your graphics settings.
Do you have downloaded content in your game? And if so, how large (in GBs) is your Downloads folder?

#9 29-12-2017 
Yes I have downloaded content in my game, I don't know. How can I found out that?

#10 30-12-2017 
If you have installed downloaded content, then you *must* know how to find the "The Sims 2\Downloads" folder, right? Because that is where you put all those files, after all.
Right-click on the "Downloads" folder, and select the option "Properties" (at the bottom of the menu). Then a window should open that tells you how many files and folders there are, and the total size of all the files, and total space used on disk. The total size of all the files would be the number that we are looking for.

I hope this helps?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option