DirectX error with an NVIDIA graphics card.
#1 20-01-2018 
  • Registered
Hello! I seem to be having a bit of a problem with my computer-- that is, it won't run Sims 2 with my nice NVIDIA 1050 Ti card. With my integrated Intel graphics, it boots! ...That is, until I try to load a world, in which the loading animation goes around and then my game stops responding. But, it boots, so the graphics aren't a problem. Whenever I boot up the game, it gives me an error message. When I boot up the game in windowed mode, it gives me an entirely white screen with music playing and the cursor visible and able to move around. (The window is larger now, but my screenshot button is broken? Weird. Unrelated, my computer's a mess hardware-wise, whatever.)

I had an entire thread about this on MTS if you want to read what I've tried so far.

Also, this is my first time posting here, so I'm sorry if I did it wrong!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  MSI-config-log.txt (Size: 10.3 KB / Downloads: 345)

#2 21-01-2018 
When you did a clean install of the nvidia driviers, did you use GeForce Experience or install the drivers manually? And how did you uninstall the previous drivers beforehand? Windows built in tools or DDU? I religiously followed the instructions in the video Kiri linked to this time. DDU to uninstall, then manual install of drivers, then reboot twice. Make sure you did custom install and clean install? We'll see if it helps on my end. I'm currently trying driver version 390.65, the current one for my 1060 card. If that doesn't work, I'll repeat DDU/reinstall with an older driver.

#3 22-01-2018 
  • Registered
I did a clean install by using the same video you linked. I did use custom install, and I did a clean one. Later, I decided to try doing it with uninstalling via Windows and installing with those drivers I downloaded earlier, but, of course, the problem persisted.

#4 22-01-2018 
Alljoy, could you please post a dxdiag text file if you don't mind? Run dxdiag (windows search for dxdiag), then tell it to save all data, give a text file. I can't remember if you have Win 10 pro or Win 10 home and whether you have the 1709 update or not, that would be in dxdiag. Don't know if it will help diagnose the problem, but it might. Maybe.

#5 23-01-2018 
  • Registered
Alright, gotcha. Here! I didn't even remember if I had home or pro myself, actually.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DxDiag.txt (Size: 98.67 KB / Downloads: 552)

#6 23-01-2018 
Hey there. Does *any* game run properly on your discrete (NVIDIA) GPU? With an MSI you can usually tell because the power light switches from blue to orange when it engages the gaming GPU.

I ask because I got an MSI laptop (a different model with a 1070m) shipped to me from Amazon recently with a dead NVIDIA GPU. The problem became apparent when I tried to connect an external monitor via HDMI (wouldn't work).

#7 23-01-2018 
  • Registered
The light's orange right now, so I don't think that's the issue.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option