The Sims 2 laggy and bad performance
#11 12-02-2018 
@Augusto - If you're still following this, could you also attach your config log? The one from The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Logs - folder.

#12 16-02-2018 
After much experimenting by several folks, here is what may work. I know you did some of this already.

* Make sure you do NOT use compatibility mode! This is important. Many of the other fixes can help but if compatibility mode is on, the game still crashed or flashed pink for me. When I finally tried turning it off, it ran great for days.

* Do NOT use cpu throttling, do NOT use -CPUCount:1 unless you have massive graphics lag due to threading

* Use the noCD executable for Ultimate Collection, not the Origin executable

* Change the line in graphics rules sgr that says never let the graphics driver manage its own memory.
DO allow it to manage memory. Just do a search for "never", then change false to true

* Make other necessary changes to your grahpics rules and video cards sgr files so that the game recognizes your card and knows how much graphics memory it has and uses high settings.

#13 24-02-2018 
(12-02-2018 07:26 PM)Epi7 Wrote:  @Augusto - If you're still following this, could you also attach your config log? The one from The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Logs - folder.

I am sending below the log of my game:

After a while and my perception, I think the problem of my game is not to recognize in any way my graphics card (960m),
I think the game tends to use HD Graphics, and it has no solution for that.

In my research, I discovered that the feature called OPTIMUS from Nvidia does not work very well with older games ... in other words, the switching between the integrated graphics card (HD Graphics) and the dedicated graphics card (960m) is not done correctly .

I do not know how to solve this problem, I still expect a solution.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-AA7AMT7-config-log.txt (Size: 10.25 KB / Downloads: 391)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option