Sims 2 Crashing: Windows 10
#1 29-03-2018 
  • Registered
Sims 2 Crashing
I am trying to run The Sims 2 UC on my Windows 10 PC, but it crashes so often. It has crashed anywhere from neighborhood select to CAS. I have tried to reinstall, change the graphicrules.sgr, and compatibility mode. Is there anything else I could try?

PC Specs:
GTX 1080
I7 82xx?
32GB RAM

Attached File(s)
.txt  Superdarle--config-log.txt (Size: 10.14 KB / Downloads: 331)

#2 02-04-2018 
Briefly, you need a stand-alone executable to replace the Sims2Ep9.exe file, and then run this 4GB patch on that executable:

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

You may still have graphics issues after that, but this should stop the immediate crashing.

Poke around this sub, lots of similar threads. Sims2 is kinda broken since the last major Windows update, especially for people with current-generation NVIDIA cards, but it can be mostly fixed.

Ignore anything that mentions compatibility mode, that's not the problem and doesn't help. Step one is tracking down the no-cd EXE.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option