Yeah, Another Win 10 Crashing Thread...
#1 14-06-2018 
  • Registered
Have had windows 10 for over a year now with no significant problems. I was never running sims 2:UC because the last time I tried to download it via origin it told me I had it downloaded to too many systems and wouldn't let me do it again. Downloaded it tonight and it was running, but at various intervals before crashing. Sometimes it will just close crash. Sometimes it will give me a popup box that says the application will now terminate, and sometimes it just freezes and won't let me back out of the system unless I log off the computer or shut down the computer.

Gone through the rungs. Here's what's been done so far.

---Tried compatibility mode for:
XP (Service pack 1, 2, & 3)
Vista (Service pack 1 & 2)
Windows 7
Windows 8
---Downloaded Graphic Rules Maker
---Ran in windowed mode
---Ran as administrator
---Deleted cache files
---Made Accessories file read only
---Uninstalled several times
---Uninstalled origin several times
---Ran origin in offline mode

The game will crash at random times throughout game play. Last time I tried I made it to making 2 sims and went to make a cat in CAS and then it just closed. Sometimes I only make it to the neighborhood menu, sometimes I make it all the way into the neighborhood.

I am 100% sure it's not my graphics card, or processor. I run a Titan X graphic card and an Intel core i5, but if you guys can see something I can't, please by all means, let me know, but I'm pretty certain it's not because of that.

I'm honestly ready to give up. Sims 2 was my favorite installment of the series, I could live with shadow boxes, but I can't live without my sims 2. I don't know if I'm ready to risk finding a system to run Win 7 on, since they're cutting support soon.

Any other ideas aside from possibly Securom? It's my boyfriend's computer and he doesn't like when I mess with the registry files because paranoid.

Attached File(s)
.txt  JPC01-config-log.txt (Size: 14.88 KB / Downloads: 320)

#2 20-06-2018 
  • Registered
I'm having the same problem. I just got a brand new computer, and my game runs fine but then crashes randomly with an error message about "not enough video memory." The crashes are completely random. I have tons of space on this computer so I don't know what the problem is. I tried to do the tutorial about memory allocation fixes by TheJessaChannel on MTS2, but that only further messed up my game so now I've had to reinstall it.

Btw, if you're using the new/updated version of UC off of origin, it doesn't have securom...so that cant be the issue.

Have you found any solutions so far?

#3 23-06-2018 
  • Registered
Hey, I found a solution to this problem. I made a thread about it here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=...ost5407719

You have to install the 4GB patch. And that was giving me issues as well, but I was able to make it work with help from MTS2. Just follow the thread, hopefully it works for you too.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option