Windows 10 Nvida 1080 Purple Flashing... The LOT!
#1 22-07-2018 
  • Registered
Hey,

I have The Sims 2 Ultimate from Origin. I am running on Windows 10. After trying and failing many times over the last year or so, I decided to give this game another go.
Installing it seemed to be fine and it even had an update. However shortly after I started playing I started getting alot of crashes, as well as everytime I move a family into a house the house loads with the entire area flashing pink sims included.
If I close the game down and re-load it seems to work until I leave the lot and sometimes it will crash when I am loading back into the lot as well.
So I went and ventured online to see if there is a fix and used the graphicsrule maker as well as copying some graphics rules files from online. I have had some improvement but still get back to the same crashes and purple flashing.

Hope you guys can help!

Attached File(s)
.txt  BLACKBIRD-config-log.txt (Size: 15.13 KB / Downloads: 414)
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2018 02:18 PM by Spazattude.)

#2 30-07-2018 
  • Registered
Hello Spazattude,

I'm suffering the same issues... I have a GTX 1080 too under Windows 10 r1803 and before Windows 10 r1709 (january 2018), I never had these problems with Sims 2 !
I tried all that can be possible to do... ALL ! Nothing fix that issues since last january !

4GB patch partially fix the crash issue but the game remains unplayable because of the pink flashs that appear when the 4GB patch is installed !

#3 03-08-2018 
  • Registered
I am glad I am not the only one! However I have tried a few things and I have MOSTLY stopped the crashing. But as soon as I get a Sim going to a community lot or play a big house/family I get the flashes!

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option