Sims 2 Ultimate Collection WILL NOT Open in Higher Res Than 800x600 NO MATTER WHAT
#1 29-07-2018 
  • Registered
Hi guys,

I recently reinstalled the sims 2 ultimate collection via origin again. I have a Windows 10 laptop with dual graphics cards. I have an Intel® Graphics 630 card, and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 card. I have tried everything under the sun that I can think of to get this thing to boot in a higher resolution but it refuses to budge. I have heard that there are issues with nvidia cards so I have the program set to run with my intel card only.

Things I have tried:
Using the graphic rules maker to update both my Graphic Rules.sgr and Video Cards.sgr files.
Adding both graphic cards to the Video Cards.sgr and then trying to only add the intel one as I read somewhere on the internet that adding both can cause issues.
Copying these files to EVERY SINGLE expansion and stuff pack Config and CSConfig folder in my game directory and replacing the old ones.
Setting the Seti Low, Medium, and High options all to 3.
Setting the option ScreenModeResolution settings to all be 1920x1080
Following the step by step instructions from here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6881
Repairing my game files and starting all of these steps over one by one

--

If anyone can PLEASE tell me what I am doing wrong it would be much appreciated. This is driving me up the wall.

.txt  MSI-config-log.txt (Size: 10.39 KB / Downloads: 370)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option