Pollination Technician on Campus
#1 11-08-2018 
So I just sent Doctor Malevolence's half-alien daughter Benne to college. And while she was meandering her way to her first class, I noticed this dapper fellow standing in her dormitory's courtyard:

[Image: TS2-PollenTech01.jpg]

[Image: TS2-PollenTech02.jpg]

That would be her other father, I presume.

But his available interactions amounted to one "Hold Pollination" command. I didn't try asking him to hold his pollination (whatever that means) because quite frankly, the possibilities scare me. Confused

[Image: TS2-PollenTech03.jpg]

Oh, great. Now he's passed out! Dodgy

[Image: TS2-PollenTech04.jpg]

And that's pretty much all he does: Stand by the big fountain in the courtyard, doing idle animations, daring me to tell him to hold his pollination, passing out at night and getting up again in the morning.

Should I be concerned about this? Huh
Pizzatron-9000, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2018.

#2 11-08-2018 
In principle, he should not even show up on playable lots. That much I *do* know. It is possible, though, that some mod (unknown to me) in your game makes it possible for PT and other normally unplayable sims to make an appearance. I have no idea how to test for these things, nor what to do about it, though. It looks like a form of game corruption, but if this is all that happens, I wouldn't worry too much quite yet.

If you have the BatBox installed, I would advise to not procrastinate, but use it to remove mister Greenskin from the premises without hesitation. That's the best advice I can give at this time.

By the way, I think Benne is cute!

#3 13-08-2018 
(11-08-2018 12:12 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  In principle, he should not even show up on playable lots. That much I *do* know. It is possible, though, that some mod (unknown to me) in your game makes it possible for PT and other normally unplayable sims to make an appearance. I have no idea how to test for these things, nor what to do about it, though. It looks like a form of game corruption, but if this is all that happens, I wouldn't worry too much quite yet.
There have been a few other bits and pieces of corruption here and there, like moving two Sims out of a household, only they stay in the household and move into the Family Bin, so all of a sudden they're existing in two places at the same time. It's probably not a good thing.

(11-08-2018 12:12 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  If you have the BatBox installed, I would advise to not procrastinate, but use it to remove mister Greenskin from the premises without hesitation. That's the best advice I can give at this time.
Well, I just searched my C: Drive for "Batbox", and apparently that's one program which I've never installed yet, even though I've heard good things about it.

If it'll solve my problem(s), though, then that goes right to my To Do list. Is Batbox available here on Leefish, by chance?

(Here's hoping that I don't have to go back to the Sims Site That Shall Not Be Named to find Batbox, fingers crossed.)

(11-08-2018 12:12 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  By the way, I think Benne is cute!

Apparently, the student who moved onto campus right before Benne did thinks so too. She won't stop calling Benne! So I switched over to her and said, "Hey, Sanguine! Call Benne again!"

[Image: TS2-SanguineCallingBenne.jpg]

They've never met face to face, yet there it is! Relationship: 100. That's a lot of phone calls! Big Grin

#4 13-08-2018 
Hey, @Pizzatron-9000

"Batbox" is the nickname of an object that -- in-game -- looks like an ordinary black box with a golden BATMAN symbol on the lid. You will not find its file by looking for a "batbox" in your downloads folder.
The real names is "Lot Debugger", and it was made by the incomparable J.M. Pescado. Knowing that, I think you understand where you must go to find it, right?

I'm a little worried about your game, though. What you're saying seems to indicate that things may turn out ugly in time...

Also, Sanguine Succubosa doesn't look half bad, either.

#5 13-08-2018 
Oh, CJ-debugger.package! I do have it installed! Okay, excellent! Thank you. I'll dig it out and give it a go. Smile

I assume that it's under Miscellaneous items with the rest of my special Buy Mode goodies, like the picture that can turn a Sim into any Life State and such (which is how I made my quasi-infamous Zombies household).

[Image: TS2-ZombiesInTheCastle.jpg]

But I digress. I've been worrying about my game eventually imploding completely, and that some glitches that I didn't install the fixes for until after they reared their ugly heads (like a High Vampire running amok and biting everyone in arm's reach, The Crump included) have already dealt enough underlying damage to eventually snowball into Very Bad Things, necessitating a complete uninstall and reinstall. And since I can't get my download of The Complete Collection to work, that means installing from all of my original disks, which is time-consuming. Not to mention losing all these Sims whom I've grown to love. I might make another thread about that in a little while.

But speaking of Castle Von Carstein and Sanguine, it has been a while since I built that dorm as a vampire-friendly place for college-going vampires to live, all starting with Carmilla von Carstein, who has become something of Pleasantview's "Blood Countess" of sorts.

[Image: TS2-ReturnToCastleVonCarstein01.jpg]

[Image: TS2-ReturnToCastleVonCarstein02.jpg]

Yes, it says "Witch," but she's a vampire too. Trust me on this. Wink

[Image: TS2-ReturnToCastleVonCarstein03.jpg]

(Also seen: Some random townie named Clarence Trimble (who got bitten by the same High Vampire running amock back before I very quickly downloaded a fix for crazed, neck-biting High Vampires, so Carmilla befriended him, cured him with her witchery and invited him into her household, so now he helps run the manor during the daylight hours as her "Renfield" of sorts) and a dolled-up Jessica Ebadi (who infuriated Carmilla by breaking into her manor — enough so that Carmilla rolled up a "See Jessica's Ghost" Want — so Carmilla used a combination of Appello Simae, the Voodoo Doll's Friendship spell and neck-biting to turn Jessica into a vampire so that Carmilla could lock her in the greenhouse and let the sunrise handle the rest, only I was too much of a soft-hearted, benevolent SimGod to go through with it, so I let Jessica out of the greenhouse and ran her to an available coffin right as the sun came up, and they've been roommates/friends/lovers ever since).)

[Image: CarmieAndJess01.jpg]

The free TV helped cement Jessica's place in the Von Carstein household, of course.

[Image: CarmieAndJess08.jpg]

But I digress once again. Ever since Carmilla graduated from college many SimYears ago, it has been quite a while since I had a vampire living in the Castle Von Carstein dorm. I've had those five zombies slouching around the castle (before they raked in enough money to build the Romero House, move into it and charter the Zee-Zed-Zulu Greek house), I've had a couple of werewolves tearing up the place, I've had seven witches (of varying moralities) cluttering up the castle's keep with their cauldrons and spellbooks, and I've had quite a few regular, normal Simmy college students live there from time to time, but I figured that it was time to put all those random coffins to good use and make another vampire college student. And, taking a cue from Salma Hayek in From Dusk Till Dawn, I decided to go with more of a Latina look. Enter, Sanguine Succubosa. Unfortunately, I neglected to follow through with the Salma Hayek-esque inspiration by making her a natural Music and Dance hobbyist, so Sanguine has Games as her One True Hobby instead. And it so happens that Castle Von Carstein has a game room! How much of Sanguine's money is from making the Dean's List, and how much is from hustling Billiards and playing Poker with other students? Not even I can be sure! Wink

Sanguine does have a saucy bikini for her underwear, at least...probably too saucy for these forums. So y'all get the peasant dress. And she'll get around to befriending a High Vampire very soon, I promise. Smile

[Image: TS2-ReturnToCastleVonCarstein04.jpg]

[Image: TS2-ReturnToCastleVonCarstein05.jpg]

[Image: TS2-ReturnToCastleVonCarstein06.jpg]

[Image: TS2-ReturnToCastleVonCarstein07.jpg]

(Seriously, Sanguine. Give Benne a break already!)

Anyway, I'm veering into off-topic stuff that should be saved for another topic, so I'm off to make another topic before I go in-game and Batbox the Pollination Technician into oblivion. Cheers! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2018 10:34 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#6 14-08-2018 
NO, NOT CJ-debugger.package, because THAT was made by Cyjon, who is NOT Pescado, and does NOT post his material on the place where I was trying to send you (this time please click the colored text, because that is a LINK!)

Actually, I've looked it up, and the file in downloads is named "ffsdebugger.package".

#7 14-08-2018 
No wonder I couldn't find the Batbox in-game. Mistaken identity, that's all. Oops. Sad

Knowing Pescado's style, I can guess what the "FFS" in "ffsdebugger.package" stands for. Pescado didn't toss any of his trademark "embellishments" into this package, did he? Like, I install it to delete corrupt characters and suddenly every Sim starts wearing a garish Hawaiian shirt while speaking in perfect Dutch or whatever? Tongue
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2018 09:44 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#8 15-08-2018 
FFS stand for Flying Fish Systems (Pescado is Spanish for fish, I believe). As far as I know, none of Pescado's mods are entirely free of his personal touch of preferences. But in general, the batbox is reasonably safe to use. Much of the work that my signature mods (No Sim Loaded and No Trash Memories) do, is based on the power of the batbox with some minor improvements and added automation.

But, ehm... Why did you single out Dutch?

#9 15-08-2018 
Subconscious association, probably. Batbox-and-Pescado discussion on Leefish, Leefish has the .nl domain, .nl means that the site originates in the Netherlands, Netherlands = Dutch things. That's all. It's kind of like a rolling "Six Degrees of Separation" game (or its more contemporary Hollywood equivalent) playing out in the back of my mind. Smile

And "pescado" is indeed Spanish for "fish;" add one letter ("pescador") and you have the Spanish word for "fisherman". And we're on Leefish, a Sims site with its own theme and associations related to fishes. I sense a fishy conspiracy afoot in the Sims communities! Tongue

(And one of these days, I'd like to ask Pescado, "Dude, why do you have to attach your own personal quirks, preferences and biases to every mod you make? Not every Simmer out there shares your quirks, your preferences, your ideology or your point of view! I don't want to install some random Pescado mod that turns the skies a Martian shade of red only for my Sims to suddenly start becoming instant Enemies with every vampire they meet just because you don't like Simmy vampires! Or whatever; those are just hypothetical examples. So relax already, amigo!")

#10 15-08-2018 
It took a bit of searching (because MoreAwesomeThanYou is pretty big and twice as crazy, and good luck getting the Search feature to narrow things down....), but this should be a more direct link to the Lot Debugger:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/in...,72.0.html

Okay, now to plug this thing in. I wonder what the heck Pescado means by "NUCLEAR WAR EDITION". Who knows? Tongue

Sorry, that is a members only option