Jump bug with slaved elevated hot tub
#1 12-08-2018 
Sorry I haven't been active here lately.

I normally drop by when I need some modding help. This issue is truly confounding.

The short version: I created a raised hot tub with the intention of slaving it to another object in the same set. This is one of those self-referencing objects like a poker table or a toilet stall, where you have to update every instance of "Test Object Type" in the BHAVs so that it references the correct GUIDs. While it looks great in game and the animation skeleton (the access door that Sims can open to tinker/repair is the only moving part) was done correctly, the Sims aren't able to use the hot tub for some strange reason. The first Sim can select "Get In" from the pie menu, but then does nothing and the object becomes unselectable for this Sim. The next Sim can select the "Join" option in the pie menu, and the object will perform normally, but when the third Sim selects "Join", the Sim using the object is snapped out and the object resets, but in now unseletable for everyone.

I ran TestingCheatsEnabled and recreated the error. The error message it generates is "No bone on model corresponding to name in routing slot on destination object".

I researched the issue on MTS. There are a couple of posts about the same thing happening, but I don't think a solution was ever found.

Anyway, before I yank out my few remaining hairs, I'm posting here. I'm attaching the full error log and the object for reference. Any insight would be appreciated.

Attached File(s)
.rar  Problem child hot tub.rar (Size: 2.54 MB / Downloads: 533)
.txt  ObjectError_N002_t417780.txt (Size: 65.57 KB / Downloads: 628)
ocelotekatl, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Nov 2013.

#2 05-08-2020 
Hi, I found this. But I'm not stalking you, really! Smile

Would this jump bug you're describing be the same as the glitch I had a problem with here? The Sim's doing something with an object, then the Sim just "teleports" about half a step away (if even that far), stops all action and deletes their entire action queue, possibly causing any objects in the Sim's hands to disappear? My glitch involved food preparation instead of hot tubs, though.

(Sadly, the cause of the glitch turned out to be one of those "Midnight at the Sexlab" platforms on the lot, or perhaps some sort of conflict between that object and a "Midnight at the Cryo Lab" suspended animation chamber. I like those doodads, too. They're great decor for the laboratories of mad scientists — or just-plain less-than-ethical scientists — regardless of how clothed or unclothed the test subject(s) may be. Undecided )

#3 06-08-2020 
Hey, there! To my knowledge, they're separate issues. I posted this right around the time I was creating "Midnight at the Commissary: Fitness and Sports Essentials", and I was trying to do an above-ground tub. I looked all over the place for an answer, but couldn't find one. Even other tubs that are cloned from the above-ground hot tub, such as k8 's "Souk in the Bath", have this issue. There's something about the above-ground tub that prevents anything colned from it from being useable. I finally resigned myself to not having including it in the set.

This issue... Nah, I don't think it's the same thing. The cryo chamber base units and the sexlab platforms are really oddly slotted tables, nothing more. I've had them placed in the same test lots (admittedly, not both at the same time) as counters/tables/whatever and been able to pick up food without issues. Before I say that it's definitely those objects causing the issue, I'll do some further testing, but there is also the possibility that something else that you have in your Downloads is causing a conflict with the counter slots.

#4 06-08-2020 
I thought that was weird too; like I speculated in that topic, those two Midnight objects are both static objects (as far as I can tell), so why would they be conflicting with anything? Maybe it's something to do with vertices or ID numbers or whatnot.

Come to that, I won't be able to check on Thorgrim's Maul just yet because now my game is crashing a few seconds after I run TS2, wait through all the loading screens, go to any subhood and go to any occupied Residential lot or Dorm. It's probably something to do with how I went on a big downloading-and-installing spree about two or three days ago...Blue Heavens Sims (thank you for those new summer dresses, by the way, and I now see that there's another set for me to download and install...), Plumbob Keep, some Pandora Sims stuff from the Booty/paysites.mustbedestroyed.org, 622277.xobor.com, that Dreadful Tales website which is about 90% Cyrillic/Russian, maybe a few others. Then the game started crashing after I created some new Sims with some of the new bodyshapes that I picked up (in particular, the Odessa and new Busty Gal/Ines bodyshapes). And Conflict Detector homed in on those two bodyshapes and their folders, so I removed them from my Downloads. But I'm still crashing, so I removed everything else that I downloaded around that time (or I think I removed everything...), but the crashing persists.

Conflict Detector isn't finding any problems now, despite the continued crashing, so I'm going to try running SimPE, editing those new Sims that I just created and giving them some older bodyshapes that do work in my game, like Classic Pin Up. It's sad, really; I like collecting bodyshapes and skintones, and these new bodyshapes look great. I even found some showerproof skintones for Bobby TH's Girl Next Door (so it's not just an outfit anymore), and Odessa was shaping up to be a welcome addition to my little world too; in a world full of Simmy women with perky breasts in various degrees of gravity defiance, a few women with sagging, droopy, almost-touching-her-floating-ribs boobs would make for some refreshing variety. Sad

I'll see where this goes. Fingers crossed, hoping for the best.

If only there were a new, more refined and more precise version of Conflict Detector. "Oh, here's exactly what caused this jump bug on August 3, 2020, at 3:55 PM...." It would be nice, wouldn't it?
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2020 05:22 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#5 06-08-2020 
I've encountered it before, and it usually has to do with a slot ID issue in the OBJD. To my knowledge, all of the OBJD on those objects reference valid slots. This happens primarily when you're refoobulating, say, an 8-tile dining table into an odd-shaped five-tile table, but then eliminating or moving some of the slots. I won't die on that hill, but I'm pretty confident that this isn't the issue.

I double-checked the maul, and it seems to be fixed now. I'm surpirsed it slipped my attention when I uploaded it.

I think what you're describing is some other problem CC. Pandora Sims is a likely suspect; I've downloaded some janky content there before. To resolve the issue, you're more than likely going to have to rely on the old standyby: The 50/50 method. I don't have a lot of faith in Conflict Detector; in my experience, it's been unreliable, and the only way to really find out what's going on is to get your hands dirty with TestingCheatsEnabled, or use 50/50 to weed out the issue.

*This part is rambly and a bit off-topic. Please forgive me; I'm following the converstaion where it leads*

I like BTH's bodyshapes well enough (Coni, my BFF/main content tester, loves Bootylicious), but as a mesher, my biggest criticism is that they're too high-poly. This makes them extremely difficult to convert clothing for, and (since a lot of meshers these days rely on WSO actions to do the heavy lifting) create WSO actions for.

I have mixed feelings about Lizzy. She's a talented artist and I like some of her shapes (BustyInes yes, Odessa no), but there are times when she self-sabotages or thinks the entire community is out to get her. I wish her the best, but I'm done collaborating with her. I can appreciate realism well enough, but the Odessa shape is just ...eeew.

#6 06-08-2020 
(06-08-2020 07:25 PM)ocelotekatl Wrote:  I've encountered it before, and it usually has to do with a slot ID issue in the OBJD. To my knowledge, all of the OBJD on those objects reference valid slots. This happens primarily when you're refoobulating, say, an 8-tile dining table into an odd-shaped five-tile table, but then eliminating or moving some of the slots. I won't die on that hill, but I'm pretty confident that this isn't the issue.
I'm no stuffmaking expert, but I wonder if this wouldn't be such a problem if Maxis had given us a broader variety of furniture with different footprints. Like for that table example, what if Maxis had given us a 3x3 table? Or a 3x4, or a 4x4, or an L-shaped table that's 2x4 and 4x2....

(I'm also a big fan of your Modular tables and Mess Hall tables, for similar reasons. Where else could I ever find a table that's 1x5 or 1x6? Smile )

(06-08-2020 07:25 PM)ocelotekatl Wrote:  I double-checked the maul, and it seems to be fixed now. I'm surpirsed it slipped my attention when I uploaded it.
It's not your fault. Your compressing program was just being sneaky, that's all.

(06-08-2020 07:25 PM)ocelotekatl Wrote:  I think what you're describing is some other problem CC. Pandora Sims is a likely suspect; I've downloaded some janky content there before. To resolve the issue, you're more than likely going to have to rely on the old standyby: The 50/50 method. I don't have a lot of faith in Conflict Detector; in my experience, it's been unreliable, and the only way to really find out what's going on is to get your hands dirty with TestingCheatsEnabled, or use 50/50 to weed out the issue.
I may know the method by another name, but what's the 50/50 method?

(06-08-2020 07:25 PM)ocelotekatl Wrote:  *This part is rambly and a bit off-topic. Please forgive me; I'm following the converstaion where it leads*
In my experience, if a conversation rambles and deviates off-topic here and there, that's because the conversation's interesting. Linear chats tend to be not-so-involving, so they don't last quite as long. Wink

(06-08-2020 07:25 PM)ocelotekatl Wrote:  I like BTH's bodyshapes well enough (Coni, my BFF/main content tester, loves Bootylicious), but as a mesher, my biggest criticism is that they're too high-poly. This makes them extremely difficult to convert clothing for, and (since a lot of meshers these days rely on WSO actions to do the heavy lifting) create WSO actions for.
I'm going to have to plead my ignorance again. What's WSO? Undecided

(And I'd be perfectly in love with Bootylicious if not for that bodyshape's weird duck feet! Maybe that's why I prefer BobbyTH's Girl Next Door: all of the delightfully taut torso muscles, with BlooM's Sexyfeet (or something like them) to boot! Smile )

(06-08-2020 07:25 PM)ocelotekatl Wrote:  I have mixed feelings about Lizzy. She's a talented artist and I like some of her shapes (BustyInes yes, Odessa no), but there are times when she self-sabotages or thinks the entire community is out to get her. I wish her the best, but I'm done collaborating with her. I can appreciate realism well enough, but the Odessa shape is just ...eeew.
After I wring the bugs out of my game, I'm going to try slipping BustyInes and Odessa back in; maybe they're not the problem after all. I may as well start another thread for my game and its woes, though; this is your thread.

(And well, like I may have said earlier, the Odessa bodyshape's less-than-ideal figure is pretty much what draws me to it; flawed figures make the flawless figures look even better by contrast. Besides, without going into any ghastly details about my long-bygone Air Force years, that bodyshape kinda-sorta brings to mind that one "working girl" in every brothel or massage parlour, the one who's up there in her 40's or 50's yet for whatever reason hasn't quit the establishment yet; she's no longer quite as taut and smooth and perky and curvy as her 20-something-year-old coworkers, but she knows her trade better than anyone in there — including you and the various other goons from your squadron who decided to pile into your car and tag along — and if you hand her your money and go with her to her room, you'll come back out seeing rainbows and tingling from head to toe, and it might be another hour before you're in any shape to walk upright and/or in a straight line again. WooHoo Extremis, right? Come to think of it, maybe that's what really stokes my interest in that bodyshape. Tongue )

I don't think I've ever seen this Lizzy in any Simmy subcommunity, though. I think it's safe to say that we've all known those temperamental and self-defeating sorts. But if I may ask, what projects did you and Lizzy collaborate on?

#7 07-08-2020 
The 50/50 method is absolutely the most reliable method for weeding out bad CC. Essentially it works like this:

1. Save a backup of your game

2. Remove all CC with the exception of the content you're convinced is causing the error. You may have to enter the hood, enter the lot, or open the Buy Mode catalog to check.

3. If Step 2 didn't cause the game to error, divide your CC into two folders of roughly equal size. Put one of them in the Downloads folder, launch the game, and try to recreate the error. If you encounter the error, the bad content is in the folder you just added. If not, subdivide the remaining content into two folders of roughly equal size, move one of them to Downloads, and test again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

WSO is a format native to Sims 3/4. More importantly a WSO action is a template that allows you convert quickly and easily from one bodyshape to another.

I’m sure you’re familiar with Photoshop color actions? Start with a white texture, run one of AlfredAskew’s actions, end up with a blue texture. This is a similar automated process, but with meshes. Start with Maxis AF, run a WSO action, and you have a mesh for FitChick.

It’s kind of a lengthy story, but basically in 2015-ish, Mayfair made the discovery that the very same scripts that were being used on Sims 3 and Sims 4 meshes could be applied to Sims 2 meshes, with some modifications. Lifa really improved on the process and expanded the catalog with a bunch of new actions, and I (late to the party) added maybe a dozen more.

Futher reading here:

https://mayfairsims.tumblr.com/post/1101...-templates

https://lifasims.livejournal.com/10187.html

https://simfileshare.net/download/1450593/

https://blueheavensims.wordpress.com/too...directory/

Regarding BTH's bodyshapes, I *like* them well enough, I just don't have much prectical use for them as a creator because there's no easy way to convert clothing to those sizes.

I suppose I have to agree. In every brothel, there's always the older dame showing all the new girls the ropes. I just don't personally find the Odessa shape appealing.

Lizzy goes by LizCrea on her forum, lolosims on Sims Cave, and lizcrea on her Tumblr. She's been around for a while, but mostly frequents French- and Russian-language sites. I helped her develop the original BustyGal bodyshape and created a WSO action for it, and she translated several tutorials from the Tutorial Library into French.

#8 07-08-2020 
The 50/50 method could be faster than what I'm doing right now (that being, taking the suspected CC out of Downloads, putting it in a separate folder on my Desktop, running the game, watching the game crash, separating even more CC from Downloads...). It's worth a try. Thanks for the idea. Smile

And if you think Odessa's unappealing, have you tried Androgyny yet? It's even more "Bleh" than the default Maxis bodyshapes! And mind you, I've used SimPE to make four bona fide transexuals (read: men with women's bodies and vice-versa) whom I enjoy playing here and there, but there's just something about Androgyny that just doesn't sit right with me. Undecided

(As for WSO, does that mean it won't be long before we see every Maxis outfit converted to the Momma Lisa, Bodybuilder Girl, Cyclist, Amazonian and Death by Snu-Snu bodyshapes on Blue Heaven Sims? Big Grin )

#9 07-08-2020 
um... tl;dr Tongue

I don't think you've fixed all the self referencing GUIDs. Specifically I don't see BHAVs 4P: Find Next Entrance/Exit Tile or 4P: Route To Tub, and that is the error you are receiving.

#10 07-08-2020 
Oh, it's one of those. Good to know for future reference. Thank you kindly.

Sorry, that is a members only option