Commanding Sims to Kick the Can
#21 30-08-2018 
Works with other mods better I think as well. I can send you files as I am registered at ISA. I am registered at most sites lol. I am a packrat. I do limit myself when it comes to downloading though and especially limit myself when it comes to installing.

#22 30-08-2018 
(30-08-2018 06:41 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Works with other mods better I think as well.

B) Thank you.

(30-08-2018 06:41 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I can send you files as I am registered at ISA.

I would appreciate that. Just the one thing would be good Smile

#23 01-09-2018 
(30-08-2018 05:13 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I would like to get the sleep naked thing, just don't feel like regsitering at ISA for just one stupid file. So I use a set of invisible underwear to simulate nudity. Sims don't notice the difference; to them, the sim in question is properly attired.

Check your Inbox in a few minutes. Wink

Also, the great experiment continues:

Test Subject #1: Hazel Covenheart
Teen Mean Witch and the Grouchiest Sim in the all-witchy Covenheart household; considering that there are three Atrociously Evil Sims in the house (including both her parents), that's saying something!

Sloppy/Neat 6
Shy/Outgoing 10
Lazy/Active 9
Serious/Playful 2
Grouchy/Nice 1
[Image: TS2-CanKickingTestSubject01.jpg]
Test Result: Cannot kick trash cans on command. Sad
Maybe I should go around and test everyone else in the household, just to be sure. I'm betting that Grouchiness is not the sole factor here.

Test Subject #2: Mindy Pugiless
Former girly jock, high school bully, college bully and frequent instigator of fisticuffs. Now professional coach living on the beach of Bluewater Village. Still a huge Sports enthusiast.

Sloppy/Neat 8
Shy/Outgoing 8
Lazy/Active 9
Serious/Playful 0
Grouchy/Nice 0
[Image: TS2-CanKickingTestSubject02.jpg]
I was so sure that she could, too. Some Sims in my Pleasantview neighborhood can kick cans on command, I know this. I just have to find them again.

Test Subjects #3 and #4: Jolene Lupina
Former rock star, quit music after achieving Rock Goddess, now runs the "Wolf Among the Chickens" store out of her own home near Bluewater Village's mountains, leader of a big pack.

By Day:
Sloppy/Neat 0
Shy/Outgoing 10
Lazy/Active 10
Serious/Playful 10
Grouchy/Nice 0
[Image: TS2-CanKickingTestSubject03.jpg]

By Night:
Sloppy/Neat 0
Shy/Outgoing 10
Lazy/Active 10
Serious/Playful 10
Grouchy/Nice 0
[Image: TS2-CanKickingTestSubject04.jpg]
Test Result: Still can't kick trash cans on command. Human form and werewolf form don't seem to make any difference. Sad
But perhaps the game's scripting is testing her original Personality for trash-can-kickiness, not her lycanthropy-mutated Personality. But I can't remember what Jolene's Personality was before that Pack Alpha nipped her way back during her teen years.

No dice so far, sad to say. The search for the common threads among at-will trash can kickers continues....

#24 01-09-2018 
I would've thought that the Outgoing, Playful grouchy types made the best chance... But... nobody? That's a great surprise!

And Sanguine was so good at it!! Now I'm beginning to wonder what the difference is between those sims...

#25 01-09-2018 
(01-09-2018 09:36 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I would've thought that the Outgoing, Playful grouchy types made the best chance... But... nobody? That's a great surprise!
I was rather surprised too! Jolene there actually has that combination of Outgoing, Playful and Grouchy, but she can't kick the trash can. The idea had crossed my head that a high Nature enthusiasm might have a hand in it, given the can-kicker's easy access to Nature-friendly compost; and sure, Sanguine's Nature enthusiasm is high, but Jolene's Nature enthusiasm is a perfect 10 right now (after fulfilling a Want about reaching maximal Nature enthusiasm). So that would seem to rule Nature out. Sanguine also leans strongly towards Neat, which seems to suggest that Sloppiness isn't a requisite for can-kicking.

It also seems that, despite our earlier ideas, Sloppiness and Neatness aren't a factor. Sanguine leans towards Neatness with a score of 7, but Mindy's Neatness (at 8) is a point higher, Hazel's Sloppiness/Neatness is a point lower at 6, and Jolene's at a perfect zero for Sloppiness. So it's probably nothing to do with Sloppiness or Neatness, despite the reasoning that neat and tidy people hate to create messes, and knocking over a trash can creates a mess in short order.

(01-09-2018 09:36 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  And Sanguine was so good at it!!
She once got caught in the act by Benne's SentryBot, so she can't be that good. Big Grin

(01-09-2018 09:36 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Now I'm beginning to wonder what the difference is between those sims...
Some possibilities:

1) Laziness. I noticed that, while Hazel, Mindy and Jolene are all very Active, Sanguine is rather Lazy. I'm not sure about the reasoning for such a possible connection, though; it's easier to vandalize a hated person's property when they're not looking than it is to confront that person directly and express one's enmity brazenly and openly, but that seems to fall more under the purview of Shyness (and its desires to avoid conflict or confrontation) than Laziness.

2) Age. Sanguine is a Young Adult going through college, so at first I thought that maybe commandable can-kicking disappears as the Sim ages to adulthood (and, by assumption, matures emotionally; even Cow Mascots mellow out after you invite them into a household and thus force them to leave college and advance to the Adult stage). But while Mindy and Jolene are both Adults, Hazel is a Teen, which seems to disprove that theory. Plus, I'm pretty sure that my can-kickers have been Adults too, whether former Young Adults (and formerly enrolled in University) or not. I seem to remember Doctor Malevolence kicking cans, as well as some of his robots (whose Personalities are predominantly patterned after that of their creator, unless I'm mistaken) doing the same. I'll drop in on MegaloTech Headquarters and check their Personalities next. Smile

And speaking of Cow Mascots, I'll check on my ex-Cow Mascot and see if she's still naughty enough to put the boot to some trash cans. She used to do that sometimes, back when she was unplayable, wearing that goofy costume and wreaking all sorts of mischief. Wink

#26 01-09-2018 
Odd results, I would have thought some of your Sims would be ideal for kicking over Trash Cans at will. Do a test group with just one Characteristic Changed, sloppy/neat, shy/outgoing, etc.?

#27 01-09-2018 
Indeed, I'm totally confuzzled now... I have no idea what to try next. Your sims, @Pizzatron-9000, defy all logic.

Oh, @lordtyger9, I tried to send you another PM, but was told that your message box is full...

#28 01-09-2018 
I noticed that it was full and took care of it, you should be able to send a pm now @BoilingOil.

I am likewise confused as to what determines whether a Sim can kick a Trash Can. I think it has something to do with being Grouchy, but I don't really know as the tests don't seem to tell us so far.

I am interested in the results of further testing.

#29 01-09-2018 
Thank you for the heads-up, @lordtyger9

Tip: when you want to tag someone, do it like this:
Code:
@"lordtyger9"

Big Grin Smile

#30 02-09-2018 
The quest continues!

Test Subject #5: Emma Gearsmith (nee Kimbrell)
Former Cow Mascot (from this template), now wife, mother and auto mechanic.

Sloppy/Neat 0
Shy/Outgoing 10
Lazy/Active 0
Serious/Playful 10
Grouchy/Nice 0
[Image: TS2-CanKickingTestSubject05.jpg]
Test Result: Cannot kick cans on command. She can Salvage, but so can every extremely Sloppy Sim.
Her typical Cow Mascot personality hasn't changed since she was in college. But she still can't kick over trash cans.

Test Subject #6: Emily Gearsmith
Emma's daughter. (Also Casey Gearsmith's daughter, but there's hardly a Grouchy bone in his body. It's how he was able to put up with Emma's mischief long enough for them to fall in love and get married.)

Sloppy/Neat 10
Shy/Outgoing 2
Lazy/Active 9
Serious/Playful 10
Grouchy/Nice 1
[Image: TS2-CanKickingTestSubject06.jpg]
Test Result: Cannot kick over trash cans. Sad
Of course, Emily being a mere toddler probably has something to do with that. But I try to be thorough. Wink

Test Subject #7: You Idiot!
Created by Doctor Malevolence. Don't get him wet!

Sloppy/Neat 10
Shy/Outgoing 5
Lazy/Active 7
Serious/Playful 1
Grouchy/Nice 2
[Image: TS2-CanKickingTestSubject07.jpg]

Test Subject #8: Doctor Hal Malevolence
Master robotics engineer, villainous mastermind and President of MegaloTech Incorporated (which has all of one robot store around Pleasantview, but they are going places!)

Sloppy/Neat 10
Shy/Outgoing 5
Lazy/Active 7
Serious/Playful 1
Grouchy/Nice 2
[Image: TS2-CanKickingTestSubject08.jpg]

Test Subject #9: You Imbecile!
Created by Doctor Malevolence. Don't get her wet!

Sloppy/Neat 10
Shy/Outgoing 5
Lazy/Active 7
Serious/Playful 1
Grouchy/Nice 2
[Image: TS2-CanKickingTestSubject09.jpg]

Test Subject #10: You Pail of Bolts!
Created by Doctor Malevolence. Don't get him wet!

Sloppy/Neat 10
Shy/Outgoing 5
Lazy/Active 7
Serious/Playful 2
Grouchy/Nice 1
[Image: TS2-CanKickingTestSubject10.jpg]

I also checked Doctor Zenon Malevolence (nee Roboto) and the Servos that she created (Icarus, Daedalus and Ganymede), but all of them are far too Nice to fit our theory, and they couldn't kick the can anyway. What's with these Nice Sims marrying Grouchy Sims, anyway? :/

This is driving me nuts, though! I could swear that Jolene and Mindy could be commanded to kick trash cans before, and I think that Doctor Mal could be commanded to kick trash cans too! Now they can't. It might be a mod, but surely there's some reason they can't kick the cans anymore!

Unless...

Hold on. I'm going back to my Sim State University neighborhood to check some things out. BRB!

Sorry, that is a members only option