Commanding Sims to Kick the Can
#41 04-09-2018 
Well I have not been Testing all that much, but I did have a Teen age Sim that could kick the Trash at their house. I have not checked to see if the same sim can kick the trash at University. So Age? Can Adult Sims kick their own Trash Cans?

#42 04-09-2018 
(04-09-2018 10:59 AM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Well I have not been Testing all that much, but I did have a Teen age Sim that could kick the Trash at their house. I have not checked to see if the same sim can kick the trash at University. So Age? Can Adult Sims kick their own Trash Cans?
Well, I justed tested quite a few of my adults, and not one of them was able to kick the trash can on command. So far, the only Sims who have checked out for that have been young adults in college.

It may not conclusively prove that adults, teens and Sims of other life stages can't be commanded to kick trash cans; it could be that I've just been really unlucky with my testing so far. But that's the way I'd bet. Wink

#43 12-01-2020 
*knocks the dust off this thing*

[Image: TS2-MoreCanKicking01.jpg]

[Image: TS2-MoreCanKicking02.jpg]

Okay, so then I got the idea that the whole can-kicking ability might have something to do with the kicker's Relationships with other Sims in the dorm. Cynthia here just moved into the dorm after Elizabeth and Rosemarie were already there. Elizabeth and Rosemarie were already friends, while Cynthia hadn't befriended both of them yet. So the next thing you know, Cynthia's bumping over the trash can and making compost.

[Image: TS2-MoreCanKicking03.jpg]

[Image: TS2-MoreCanKicking04.jpg]

Then the three of them palled around for a bit, and each of the three was friends with the other two. And suddenly, Cynthia couldn't kick the trash can anymore. Confused

But Team Adventure! had already proven that not having any friends in the dorm doesn't turn a Sim into a can-kicker; each Team Adventure Sim had only befriended some of the other seven Sims, not all of them. So it might be that the Relationships with one particular Sim living in that lot are what turn Sims into can-kickers.

[Image: TS2-MoreCanKicking05.jpg]

[Image: TS2-MoreCanKicking06.jpg]

But then I discovered that Sims living in apartment lots can kick trash cans too. So this supports the idea that the Residential lot has to be a multi-household or multi-family dwelling...thus, either Dorms or Apartments. But to complicate matters, Charisma there was the only Sim living in that apartment building; the other three apartments are vacant. However, Necryl — another Sim — had been living in another apartment there, but she had moved out by this point. And Necryl and Charisma were friends anyway.

Curiouser and curiouser. Huh

Sorry, that is a members only option