Rename My Mutt!
#21 06-09-2018 
I never got any indication of Pooklet's sex, and calling Pooklet an "it" would be rude no matter which sex Pooklet is. So assuming Pooklet's sex is clearly the lesser of two evils. Hey, I had a 50/50 chance of being right, right? Tongue

#22 06-09-2018 
@Pizzatron-9000 you might technically indeed have 50% chance to be right. But with the kind of things that they work on (hairs, makeup, eyes, colour schemes for hairs and fabrics, etc...), and the amount of attention to detail they put into it, I would say the chance of them being a woman is far greater.
In fact, you'll see that the majority of modders are male, but the creative people (of which there are many more) are mostly female. Heck, at least 80% of simmers are female!

What do you get when males get creative? "Angels and Nurses", "Mammalian Glands and Posterior Cheeks" (Sorry, that's the only way to spell out the full name of the T&A extension), and a bunch of other sexual fantasies for men. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that... not in the least! But I do need to point out that it's usually not hard to figure out from the kind of stuff they release, who are men, and who are women.

For me, Pooklet is female, until Pooklet tells me something different.

#23 06-09-2018 
Yeah I am pretty sure that pooklet is a she as well. I just went and looked at their blog and it was all about two female sims. I thought it was interesting and funny. I left a comment saying that.

Edit:
Looking at their Profile I saw this "Name: Ellyd" So would say that pooklet is female and that her name is Elly something. heh.

#24 06-09-2018 
(06-09-2018 09:19 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  @Pizzatron-9000 you might technically indeed have 50% chance to be right. But with the kind of things that they work on (hairs, makeup, eyes, colour schemes for hairs and fabrics, etc...), and the amount of attention to detail they put into it, I would say the chance of them being a woman is far greater.
In fact, you'll see that the majority of modders are male, but the creative people (of which there are many more) are mostly female. Heck, at least 80% of simmers are female!

What do you get when males get creative? "Angels and Nurses", "Mammalian Glands and Posterior Cheeks" (Sorry, that's the only way to spell out the full name of the T&A extension), and a bunch of other sexual fantasies for men. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that... not in the least! But I do need to point out that it's usually not hard to figure out from the kind of stuff they release, who are men, and who are women.

For me, Pooklet is female, until Pooklet tells me something different.

I went and looked at pooklet's profile on their Dreamwidth page and it says their name is Ellyd, looks like a female name to me. Oh and "Their" and "They" are non Gender Specific words that are appropiate in English, so that is the form I use a lot.

Also Chris Hatch yep A&N, T&A, are by him unfortunately for me one needs to have AL and M&G to install them. I do have some other stuff by him that does not require me to have AL and M&G. Pretty much most of his stuff is "Adult" in nature. Some of his stuff is catagorized as "family friendly". I have some of both.

I am certain BO is correct about most of the modders being male, I did a very rough perusal of the mods I have and by my count I have mods by 56 different males and I have mods by 27 different females. If you look at Well Known Modders only Inge Jones stands out as female and the other well known Modders are most certainly male.

#25 07-09-2018 
(06-09-2018 10:59 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I went and looked at pooklet's profile on their Dreamwidth page and it says their name is Ellyd, looks like a female name to me.

I noticed that too...

(06-09-2018 10:59 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Oh and "Their" and "They" are non Gender Specific words that are appropiate in English, so that is the form I use a lot.

Which is also my main reason for their use. Because "it" sounds so soulless, when talking about people.

(06-09-2018 10:59 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I am certain BO is correct about most of the modders being male, I did a very rough perusal of the mods I have and by my count I have mods by 56 different males and I have mods by 27 different females. If you look at Well Known Modders only Inge Jones stands out as female and the other well known Modders are most certainly male.

I would like to add Monique (who left the scene even before I joined) and MogHughson as important female modders. And Neder is one, as well. And I'm sure I've forgotten a few... But yeah, the biggest ones tend to primarily be male.

From what I understood, there was originally a tight gang of modders, who made the transition from Sims 1 to Sims 2: this gang included Pescado, Squinge, TJ, and maybe one or two other males. But only one female belonged to that clique: Inge Jones! Later, they all split up over minor differences of opinion, from what I remember having heard. How trustworthy that information is, though, I cannot say!

#26 07-09-2018 
So Pooklet is a woman with a wicked sense of humor, a mess of incredibly weird Sims and a fascination with high explosives. Got it. Smile

I wouldn't say that all male modders make sexy Simmy stuff. Paladin and Fresh Prince gave us plenty of mods, and not a breasticle in sight! I think Fresh Prince's mods were mostly limited to new cars for Sims to drive, though. Fresh Prince must be a serious gearhead in real life. Smile

I had noticed "Ellyd" on Pooklet's profile page too, but I didn't recognize it as a name. I figured it was something to do with the website's host or whatnot.

I don't remember installing any Inge Jones mods or MogHughson mods, but I have every last one of Monique's food mods, including the ones which let your Sims cook the various Bon Voyage foods at home! Because my Cuisine Sims can never have too many dishes on the menu. Smile

I have no idea why Monique left the community, but don't forget Mootilda and all of her contributions, including the Hood Checker and the Lot Resizer! Lamentably, Mootilda left the community by dying (from some sort of cancer in its advanced stages, I believe it was). Happy trails, Mootilda. See you in the Summerlands. Sad

#27 07-09-2018 
Yes... I was going to mention Moo. Massive game-altering mods there!

BTW, if you don't have Inge's Is Chair a Booth or Use Inaccessible Beds, then you should get them!

...and let's not forget Huge Lunatic, hafiseazale, and Lord Darcy for all their CEP/EAxis-fail-fixes.

And Sandy @ Around The Sims, Kate @ Parsimonious, Windkeeper and SA99 at TSR, and Lee(fish) herself! ...Now, granted, the last few are generally "stuff" makers, which might not meet your terms of 'modder'.

All this to say - us girls have had a lot to contribute over the years too! Yet, I concur, most of the items in my 'hacks' folder were made by males.

#28 07-09-2018 
I have mega-oodles of Kate packages too! Mostly outfits, but I have quite a few of her furniture items too. My next project (whenever I get around to it) is to fire up Milkshape and add BlooM's SexyFeet to several of Kate's underwear outfits, swimwear outfits and any other outfits with bare feet, because Simmy blockfeet always annoyed me a bit. I even went on a rant about blockfeet in That Other Site, how we had blockfeet in The Sims 1...

[Image: TS2-SimmyFoots1.jpg]

...and how in The Sims 2, we got fully articulated hands and fingers but the blockfeet remained...

[Image: TS2-SimmyFoots2.jpg]

...same with The Sims 3...

[Image: TS2-SimmyFoots3.jpg]

...and The Sims 4.

[Image: TS2-SimmyFoots4.jpg]

And yet, as it was mentioned back in my college Figure Drawing class, the feet contain roughly one-quarter of all the bones in the human body, and they're pretty flexible and articulate, from heels to arches to balls to toes, all capable of contorting, adapting and comforming themselves to the many kinds of terrain on which we walk. So the human foot is anything but a fleshy brick.

[Image: TS2-SimmyFoots5.jpg]

I like to think that I made my point. Cool

#29 07-09-2018 
Huh I don't have any of Kate's clothes/BS stuff. I guess I'm more concerned with cramming as much arch/build stuff in my game as possible. My BS/Saved Sims folder has only a few hairs and face contour make-up stuffeths, no clothes - now with the new[ish] sliders, I can probably clear out a lot of that... then I could add a bit more build stuffs! YAY!

I used to have Bloom's feet, but realized I didn't care enough to keep 'em. Funny how differently we each play the game. Tongue ...and right now I'm enjoying the heck out of a second play-through of Dragon Age Inquisition (speaking of The Game. LOL!) *sigh* Halamshiral awaits, see yas later!

#30 07-09-2018 
I certainly should have mentioned Monique and MogHughson both as I have a lot of mods by Monique and I have a number of mods by MogHughson. I don't have that many mods by Neder. What I have I like though Neder_Bubbles_are_social, Neder_ElectricGnome, Neder_KaraokeBuildsCharismaNL. Neder is maybe still active, not sure.

I particularly like the Electric Gnome one the Animations are very funny, I love watching some Sim get shocked when they try to steal the 3 Gnomes I have at the Goth house in Pleasantville. The other Mods just do their thing with out anything showing.

I also know that Squinge used to have files on MTS and I know that Pescado used to post on MTS, I don't think TJ posted on MTS or if he used to, it was long ago and I have not ever seen it. I have not looked at all of the posts at MTS, so I don't know for certain. I do try to look at old posts on any forum that I go too, it is one of the things that I do.

Also Pescado was involved in rescuing InSimenator {the web site}. All this was before my time though and the usual supects are not talking as far as I know, so information is lacking. I do kind of wish that I knew more of the history and its details.

Sorry, that is a members only option