My Big Life State Experiment: The Chimera Sisters
#31 10-09-2018 
I will get back to Merelith and Scylla, I promise!

In the meantime, some other thread came from this thread! Big Grin

#32 14-09-2018 
Okay, back to the great experiment in progress. Smile

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch01.jpg]
It's a bit odd seeing that the household's still named "Succubosa" even though Sanguine's no longer on campus.

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch02.jpg]
Merelith was still tinkering away on the junk car...but not for long.

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch03.jpg]
A few more finishing touches...

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch04.jpg]
...and the Chimera Chart...I mean, Cart had come to be!

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch05.jpg]
Next stop: Somewhere Downtown, to find a witch! Merelith is a huge Games hobbyist...

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch06.jpg]
...so their best choice of destination seemed fairly obvious.

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch07.jpg]
Merelith rolled up this Want as soon as they arrived.

Dream that little dream, Merelith. It may just come true!

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch08.jpg]
Bobbie Styx showed up because it seems like Bobbie Styx shows up at all of my community lots. For a zombie, he really gets around!

I'm not complaining, though. Undead or not, Bobbie's one heck of a guy! Smile

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch09.jpg]
Soonafter, one of the High Vampires (Contessa Lindsay Bertino, in this case) wandered in and started playing pool...billards...that game. She wasn't the witch that they sought, but she'd still make a pretty good friend, one who wouldn't yell at them for calling her at 3:00 in the morning.

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch10.jpg]
So Merelith introduced herself the same way she introduces herself to anyone at a billiards table: By trying to take their money.

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch11.jpg]
Meanwhile, Scylla was at the bar, filling her vampiric guts with Simmy booze.

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch12.jpg]
Finally, Mackenzie Long the Atrociously Evil Witch dropped in to visit! Time was of the essence; Merelith and Scylla couldn't give her a chance to escape. And even better, by acting quickly, they could stop her from filling the lot with lightning bolts and cockroaches!

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch13.jpg]
So naturally, Scylla immediately ran outside and locked her down with ten-bazillion social interactions.

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch14.jpg]
Back inside, Merelith had done a pretty solid job befriending the countess over billiards and gambling, despite their lousy Chemistry.

Bobbie and You Idiot! were both still hanging around, too.

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch15.jpg]
Meanwhile, the chat between Merelith and Mackenzie had progressed to the point where it was time to break out the nuclear option: Kicky Bag!

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch16.jpg]
But even though Kicky Bag had gotten Scylla's Relationship with Mackenzie to a perfect 100, Scylla still couldn't ask Mackenzie to teach her the Path of Darkness. I don't recall Lifetime Relationship being a factor in opening that Ask option, so perhaps Mackenzie's Relationship with Scylla wasn't yet high enough, even though Scylla's Relationship with Mackenzie couldn't get any higher.

Don't such disparities in the Relationships between two Sims really annoy you sometimes? They annoy me!

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch17.jpg]
And then Mackenzie got back on her ugly broom and flew away, leaving both Scylla and Merelith witchcraftless.

At this point, I remembered that neither of the Chimera sisters had cell phones, which would considerably help their chances of befriending Mackenzie in the future. So I sent them to the Maple Springs spa not too far from Sugar Cube Bowling.

[Image: ChimerasAndTheWitch18.jpg]
But they arrived with mere minutes to spare before the sun rose, forcing them to get right back into the Chimera Cart and drive back to Castle Von Carstein in defeat.

You win this round, sunlight!

No portraits because Merelith and Scylla's statuses remain unchanged as of yet. Sad

#33 14-09-2018 
Try, try again.

[Image: TheChimerasAndTheWitchTakeTwo01.jpg]
Merelith and Scylla still needed cell phones for easier witch-calling, so after they took a break to do some gardening, to spray paint the car a different color (because my game has some kind of weirdness going on where you have to wait several Simmy hours before you can drive a restored junk car again unless you repaint it)...

[Image: TheChimerasAndTheWitchTakeTwo02.jpg]
...and to do a little more composting, it was time to head back to Maple Springs Pool and Spa for another attempt to procure some cell phones.

[Image: TheChimerasAndTheWitchTakeTwo03.jpg]
There we go!

So while they're Downtown (again), why not stick around to see if Mackenzie or some other High Witch shows up? So they did.

[Image: TheChimerasAndTheWitchTakeTwo04.jpg]
And look who just so happened to drop by: Their good friend and vampirism donor, Sanguine! Big Grin

(I really should switch to Sanguine and help her get some new clothes. Tribal chic? On her? Sheesh!)

Okay, since Sanguine was there (and since they might be waiting for the High Witch for a while), it was time to build up some Relationships.

[Image: TheChimerasAndTheWitchTakeTwo05.jpg]
I'm not sure which one of Sanguine's Wants Scylla just fulfilled by leaping into her arms, but it was a nice, fat one! I think that it was one of those "Have X Many Lovers at Once" Wants. Romance Sims like Sanguine are chock full of Wants like those.

[Image: TheChimerasAndTheWitchTakeTwo06.jpg]
More Relationship building with Sanguine, this time in a hot tub.

I was kind of hoping that the High Evil Witch wouldn't show up at this time, because if she dropped in and started throwing lightning bolts around while Sims were in the hot tubs, someone was bound to get electrocuted.

[Image: TheChimerasAndTheWitchTakeTwo07.jpg]
But the High Witch never showed her face at the Maple Springs Pool and Spa before sunrise loomed. It was time to go home...again.

The Sun: 2, Chimeras: 0.

But at least they have cell phones. Big Grin

#34 14-09-2018 
Actually, I think it's entirely possible that you remember incorrectly, and that lifetime relationship *does* play a role in High Witches granting you the power. Only with playable witches, the ones that you control yourself, the bar lies a lot lower.
What in my game usually works, is calling the witch, inviting them to visit, and then wooing them. Get them to jump in the sack with your sim. The relationship will be up to snuffs in no time whatsoever!

#35 14-09-2018 
(14-09-2018 09:16 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Actually, I think it's entirely possible that you remember incorrectly, and that lifetime relationship *does* play a role in High Witches granting you the power. Only with playable witches, the ones that you control yourself, the bar lies a lot lower.
That could be the case, true. How nice it must be to be one of those people with photographic memories. Or maybe my memory just isn't as good as it used to be...advancing age, lingering brain trauma from not wearing a bicycle helmet during all those crashes on my mountain bike, what-have-you. Confused

(14-09-2018 09:16 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  What in my game usually works, is calling the witch, inviting them to visit, and then wooing them. Get them to jump in the sack with your sim. The relationship will be up to snuffs in no time whatsoever!
Hey, I'm completely in support of using dates and WooHoo for good, strong, rapid Lifetime Relationship building. That's how Sanguine aced her entire Junior year in college: She lured two of her professors into bed! Smile

[Image: SanguineWooHoosHerProfessors01.jpg]

[Image: SanguineWooHoosHerProfessors02.jpg]
Yeah, like that. Big Grin

[Image: SanguineWooHoosHerProfessors03.jpg]
Unfortunately, her third professor was a cold fish and both of their dates flubbed. And the other two professors weren't so easy for her to impress anymore, not after she had already WooHooed them several times. So her Senior year wasn't quite as easy as her Junior year was.

It's amazing how many bisexuals I have in my game, largely because of that reason. I think that every one of my Romance Sims is bisexual at this point, men and women alike. Because when you have to rack up 30 lovers to fulfill a humungous Want, why slash your own prospects in half? Wink

In short, yes, Mackenzie Long will be getting WooHooed. It worked for Carmilla von Carstein, it worked for Mordra Covenheart, it worked for Kain Warloeg...oh, yes. That witch has been WooHooed plenty of times. What's two more? Big Grin

#36 14-09-2018 
I've never had any of my sims graduate from such practice. And there is a very good reason for that. My Romance sims start their (man)whorish practices as teens, and as a result, have not enough time to rack up the skill points they require to even qualify for college. Nor do they care that much for getting high grades in school. Most of them will do well anyway, once they're adults, but they do so without all the grind of Study and regular Work.

Also, I agree with your observation that, in later semesters, it gets harder to find suitable professors to be used by for grades. Big Grin

#37 17-09-2018 
Oh it is too bad that I can't have Witches, as I think I would probably like them. I know I loved Makin' Magic, anyway... I do love playing my Sims at University and most of them are grinds, before I send them there most of my teens are grinds. I make everyone do their homework as children and teens and I make all of children and teens work on Charisma, Logic and Creativity to level 8, if they are going to need them I make them work on others.

Anyway my Sims at University have at least 3.0, with a few having honours or even the occasional 4.0, sometimes I will do the Profs that is a lot of fun. Mostly I just make sure to have the sim do their term paper, that usually does it if they go to class a few times. Sometimes I like to have them Hack their grades. heh

Oh, I thought of a question: does the Professor you whoohoo have to be the one or two that are for your Major?

#38 17-09-2018 
(17-09-2018 12:23 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Oh it is too bad that I can't have Witches, as I think I would probably like them. I know I loved Makin' Magic, anyway...

Yes, it is too bad indeed. I love Witches/Warlocks too, even though I seldom have any nowadays.

(17-09-2018 12:23 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I do love playing my Sims at University and most of them are grinds, before I send them there most of my teens are grinds. I make everyone do their homework as children and teens and I make all of children and teens work on Charisma, Logic and Creativity to level 8, if they are going to need them I make them work on others.

Usually, I only have my sims study the skills they roll wants for. If they roll and open want to gain any skill point, and their Cooking or Cleaning skill is significantly below the others, I will make them gain one of those. I *hate* the sims' general obsession with Charisma, though. If *Toddlers* roll those wants exclusively, I will have them learn it. But I prefer if they gain some Creativity and/or Logic. But there is no mandate UNLESS they roll the want to go to College. Because College is available only to sims who have at least twenty skill points. Nineteen of these must be distributed in a pattern of 1/4/4/1/4/4/1. Fail that, and you cannot go to College.
Beyond that, I force nobody to learn any skills, unless they NEVER roll any skilling wants, in which case I force them to gain at least two or three points in both Cooking and Cleaning.

(17-09-2018 12:23 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Oh, I thought of a question: does the Professor you whoohoo have to be the one or two that are for your Major?

When you build a relationship (ANY relationship) with any sim, you normally see the + or ++ symbols come up with the relationship symbol of two sims. But ONLY with the Professors of your Major, will you occasionally see the + symbol with the symbol for that Major. With other Professors, I've never seen that happen. So, I'd say YES, they must be of the specific Major, or it will not count! And that is also the reason why it's so hard to find enough doable professors for later semesters: there are only two for each Major, and once they are at max, there are not enough options to gain points with them anymore.

#39 18-09-2018 
That is what I thought to be true about the Professors. It is not as fun, but it is easier to Hack the Grades or use the bookcase and....Study {what a concept}.

I do make all of the sims study and learn some skills. I do think most of my teens do have the want to go to college, I would make them do it anyway of course, but I have noticed that a lot of them do have a want to go to college, or they have a want to get a particular scholarship like the Extraterrestrial Reparation Grant or one of the others.

I start my toddlers out with that toy that gives Charisma, and sometimes that is the only toy. When they are children I encourage chess, piano and painting.

Unless they have a LTW that is going to use Body, Mechanical, Cleaning or Cooking I don't have them work on those past one point.

I use University as a way of Matching my Sims with one or more partners and as a way to gain friends, one of the big reasons for University in Real Life I think. That is the reason I send my Teens to University.

#40 18-09-2018 
Yes, ALL Teens start out with the want to go to college. But that's just an automatic DEFAULT behavior that the Maxoids built in! It doesn't say anything about the sim's actual personality and motivation. Just like that stupid preference for the Charisma skill. It's the same thing as Sim parents LAUGHING when the toddler fails to walk but SIGHING when it fails to talk! As if talking is ESSENTIAL and they don't give a rodent's behind about walking.
And in the end, if the toddler learns neither, they will still walk and talk normally by the time they grow up to child, making moot all the efforts to train them. So what's the point of that?

The Maxoids clearly placed emphasis on (their own limited understanding of) communication over actual skills - like has been happening in society over the last 30 or 40 years as well. And we know where that ends: soon everyone will have the qualifications of a Manager; they will know how to talk amongst themselves in order to get things done, but they will be unable to actually DO anything. For that phase of the job, they will need people that do no longer exist: those with the actual skills to DO stuff. All they will be able to achieve, is touching icons on tablets and touch screens.

I simply do not lock that initial DEFAULT want of going to college, until they prove to me that they are serious about it. Only if they still have (or again roll) that want by the time they've qualified the skill requirements, then it will be locked and honored. Gaining some scholarships (and also rolling the wants for them) will strengthen the case in their favor, but the skill requirements are mandatory in my game.

On the other hand, my sims don't need college to meet people; they get plenty of time and opportunity to visit comm lots and get to know all kinds of other sims. Especially if they don't bother skilling.

No, to me, College must not specifically be about meeting people and making friends: THAT is what you have free time, hobbies and going out for! College is about gaining knowledge and a QUALIFICATION to do stuff!

I know that not many people approach these things the way I do. And that's okay! Everyone should play the game the way they think they like it. But for me, it's a challenge to ignore -- or even fight -- the defaults, and go about it in my own way. That's what makes it fun for me.

Sorry, that is a members only option