My Big Life State Experiment: The Chimera Sisters
#1 03-09-2018 
After BO and I got to talking about Life State combinations in that other thread, I got to thinking, "Here I am, merely theorizing about certain Life State combinations when I could be actualizing those combinations! In fact, I think I'll go for broke!" Thus was conceived my new experiment. Enter, the Chimera Sisters:

[Image: ChimeraSisters01.jpg]

They're maybe kind of a little creepy-looking, aren't they? Good.

Their unholy quest: To ultimately acquire every Life State attainable by ordinary Sims, and to do so without any cheat codes, cheat objects or any other Life-State-altering cheats getting involved. So Aliens are out, Bigfoots are out, Servos are out. Everything else goes!

The goal of this experiment: To see whether or not it is possible for a Sim to become a PlantSim/Vampire/Werewolf/Witch/Zombie and to survive as such. Will Merelith and Scylla find a way to scratch out a dejected existence as these absolute abominations? Will they ultimately perish in an explosive fireball visible from low Earth orbit? Or will they instead overcome, combining the powers of all their Life States to become the ultimate overfiends before whom the SimGods themselves must quail and plead?

Let's find out! Cool

[Image: ChimeraSisterMerelith00000.jpg]
Merelith Chimera
PlantSim: No
Vampire: No
Werewolf: No
Witch: No
Zombie: No

[Image: ChimeraSisterScylla00000.jpg]
Scylla Chimera
Vampire: No

"Do those pictures up there serve any purpose, Pizzatron?" Yes. Yes, they do. Stay tuned!

They're both Knowledge Sims, of course. Sims of any other primary Aspiration would probably descend into absolute insanity and a permanent Deep Red Aspiration Failure state. But as Knowledge Sims, Merelith and Scylla should be able to get along quite nicely.

To kick off their grand adventure, I'll drop them off at the Castle Von Carstein dorm, a dorm that's very friendly towards supernatural Sims. Sanguine and Benne haven't moved off campus yet, but I'm sure that Merelith and Scylla can squeeze in there somewhere....

[Image: ChimeraSisters03.jpg]

Progress reports shall follow. It's time to put my money where my mouth is, so let's get cracking! Cool
Pizzatron-9000, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2018.

#2 03-09-2018 
Moving in with Benne and Sanguine was not without its synergies. It so happened that Scylla is a natural Science hobbyist; so is Benne. It also so happened that Merelith is a natural Games hobbyist; so is Sanguine. Sanguine also happens to be a vampire, as of late. So after a group research here, a long game of chess there, a long-winded yet informative hobby lecture and maybe a round of poker, the four of them became friends in short order.

Unfortunately, Sanguine had already graduated by the time the Chimera sisters arrived on campus. Sanguine's time on campus soon came to an end and she was forced to leave campus, but not before giving Merelith and Scylla some parting gifts...namely, everlasting youth (and a few other perks that come with it, along with a very nasty albatross).

[Image: ChimeraSistersMerelithBecomesVampire.jpg]

[Image: ChimeraSistersScyllaBecomesVampire.jpg]

So now...

[Image: ChimeraSisterMerelith01000.jpg]
Merelith Chimera
Vampire: Yes

[Image: ChimeraSisterScylla01000.jpg]
Scylla Chimera
Vampire: Yes

From here, it may be best for the Chimera sisters to pursue Witchcraft next. Short term idea: The ability to teleport around can cover long distances even faster than their running speed, and in certain emergencies, teleportation can get them indoors — and out of the sunlight — quickly. Long term idea: The sisters will lose the ability to run after attaining zombiehood, and that phase of the plan involves a high-ranking career in Natural Science, the resulting Cowplant award and mastery of the Path of Darkness. And since the sisters are henceforth limited to going Downtown at night, the hours when the Atrociously Evil High Witches are roaming around, ready to initiate whomever they take a fancy to...hand, meet glove.

There's more to come, but I think I'll go to bed now. I'll be back! Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2018 08:50 AM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#3 03-09-2018 
So now, Benne — being a Knowledge Sim in close company with two or three vampires — keeps rolling up that Want to become a vampire.

[Image: VampireWants01.jpg]

And Scylla keeps rolling up that want for Benne to become a vampire. Not Merelith, though. Apparently Merelith couldn't care less whether Benne's a vampire or not.

[Image: VampireWants02.jpg]

It's tempting, and you can never have too many Aspiration points. But I think I prefer Benne the way she is. How is she going to inherit her father's robot empire if she can't go outside half the time? Well, it's possible, but for now it's nice that Benne can help tend the castle's garden between sunrise and sunset. And boy, is that garden going to fall to pieces once Benne leaves campus! Confused

But then again, the cure for vampirism is always a phone call away. right?

What do you think?

#4 04-09-2018 
I've said it before: I don't like Vampires, Werewolves or Zombies.
The problem is that, if Knowledge sims meet them, they all roll wants to become one. And then they roll wants for their friends to also become one.
And then all non-Knowledge sims start to roll fears of themselves or their loved ones becoming one. And they all start rolling wants to cure the ones who already became one...
And in response, all the Knowledge sims again start rolling fears of anyone being cured...
That roller-coaster -- trying to fulfill the wants without triggering the fears -- is way too complicated.

Besides, Vampires need to stay inside during the day, Werewolves have needs that scare other sims, and with Zombies everything takes ages!
Personally, I try to avoid my sims meeting any of the above, so I don't have to deal with that problem.

(Just like I try to avoid any of my sims getting pets, because one of them having a pet soon results in everyone wanting at least one of them. And all these monsters need to be trained to do or not do certain things... And then soon you see cat-vs-dog fights everywhere. But that's another topic entirely.)

So asking for *my* opinion, is sure to net you a VETO: do NOT have Benne bitten by any Vampires! Besides, she is far too cute to have her walk around with her forearm in front of her face!
But then, I would also have said that about Sanguine.

It is still your decision, of course.

#5 04-09-2018 
So if they're going to go hunting for High Witches down in the city, it would help plenty if they had their own car. They couldn't go too crazy digging into the household funds to buy a new car; most of that money is Benne's money (even though Benne just invested 3,000 Simoleons into building her first Servo). But seeing as they were just minutes from aceing the Final Exam for their first semester on campus, Merelith and Scylla could certainly afford a junk car, which would reward their investments of time and effort with some Mechanical skill increases and a sweet chariot to get them to the city and back.

[Image: ScyllaGetsAJunkCar.jpg]

Scylla approves. Big Grin

It's also a little tradition of mine that every Simmy student who lives in a dorm has to leave something behind, something that in some way improves the dorm for future students. They get 20,000 Simoleons after they leave college and move to Pleasantview, so leaving behind an item or three won't make too much of a difference. Most commonly, it's college-grown fruits and veggies added to the dorm's refrigerator as Fresh Food; sometimes it's a painting, some nicer floor tiles, maybe even a guitar, whatever. Not vehicles, though; Sims need to take their vehicles with them when they leave the campus, if only because driveway and garage space (for what few dorms have that) is limited, so it's best to clear up the driveway for future students.

This time, one of the donations to Castle Von Carstein is an arcade game.

[Image: MerelithGoesBerzerk1.jpg]

A-Maze-ing Matey and Pimp Viking 3D are all well and good, but I like variety. So when I discovered the Sims Wardrobe site and all of its Simmy takes on classic arcade games a few years ago, I was pretty giddy!

So anyway, amid all those choices, I ended up settling on that old Stern game that used to kick my butt everywhere from Dairy Queen to Showbiz Pizza when I was a boy: Berzerk.

[Image: MerelithGoesBerzerk2.jpg]

The classic Berzerk voices and sounds are included, of course. "Intruder alert! Intruder alert! Humanoid invading compound!" Good memories of the Golden Age of video games at work there. Smile

It's too bad that Sim Wardrobe/Paladin's Place finally went under. But it looks like someone out there preserved all the site's goodies and uploaded them here. Putting the files in the right folders (for the arcade games) can be a wee bit tricky, but if I did it, so can you. Just read the instructions, or ask questions if the instructions aren't all that clear.

So soon after that, Final Exams came around.

[Image: BlarrghSunlight.jpg]

Arrrrrrrrrgh! Damnable sunlight!

So after taking a few hours to eat, play some chess and unwind, they went to bed coffin.

[Image: SeeYouAtSunsetMerelith.jpg]

See you after sunset, Merelith!

#6 04-09-2018 
(04-09-2018 12:21 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I've said it before: I don't like Vampires, Werewolves or Zombies.
The problem is that, if Knowledge sims meet them, they all roll wants to become one. And then they roll wants for their friends to also become one.
And then all non-Knowledge sims start to roll fears of themselves or their loved ones becoming one. And they all start rolling wants to cure the ones who already became one...
And in response, all the Knowledge sims again start rolling fears of anyone being cured...
That roller-coaster -- trying to fulfill the wants without triggering the fears -- is way too complicated.
We're always free to ignore Wants, though. And if a Want annoys us too much, that's when it helps to force rerolls by satisfying a Sim's other Wants. "What do you have, Herb? 'Be a Vampire'? No, Herb, believe me, that's not your style. What else do you have? Oh, how about this other Want, 'Plant Seed'? There you go, Herb! Go plant some tomatoes! Okay, did 'Be a Vampire' survive the reroll? Oh...yes, it did. What Wants just came up? 'Play a Computer Game'? Okay, Herb, mosey over to that computer and play The Sims 3 for a few seconds. Did 'Be a Vampire' survive that reroll? Nope...it's still there. Okay, what else do you have? 'Be Friends with Joe'? Okay, get on the phone and call Joe over. Now rope him into playing chess with you...and now he's your friend. Okay, it looks like 'Be a Vampire' didn't survive that reroll, so we're all good!" Wink

Fears are a different story, but many of them are easily avoided. Joe has a Fear that Mary will become a vampire? Don't make any vampires bite Mary. Easy peasy. Smile

My advice, though? Don't send werewolves on a vacation with non-Knowledge non-werewolves. I think that I may have already told that story once or twice. o_o

(04-09-2018 12:21 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Besides, Vampires need to stay inside during the day, Werewolves have needs that scare other sims, and with Zombies everything takes ages!
Personally, I try to avoid my sims meeting any of the above, so I don't have to deal with that problem.
Well, we all have our different play styles and preferences. No worries. Smile

Besides being possessed of the weirdness and oddness that I like so much, the various other Life States offer challenges to my usual, casual style of game play, and they're not without their benefits. Vampires and zombies never age, so they can save you a ton of Aspiration points; Elixir of Life is kind of expensive (and I'm too noble to touch the "Aging OFF" cheat). Zombies are slow and their Hygiene turns red and stinky faster than most, but at least the zombies don't have to worry about sunlight. Werewolves rarely have to sleep, so my werewolves can build their skills, make craftable objects, restore junk cars, run a business or most anything else 24 hours a day; it's also nice to actually be able to fight any burglars that show up at the werewolf's house (and the werewolf will always, always win the fight with the burglar), thus ensuring that the burglar can't grab the werewolf's TV and run away before the police arrive. PlantSims, like you said elsewhere, only have three Needs to worry about (even if I find the Sunlight Need a hassle to fill sometimes...), and they can increase the Moods of everyone in the same room as them. And witches? Oh, man...all that power and no real drawbacks! Who wouldn't want to be a witch? Smile

(04-09-2018 12:21 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  (Just like I try to avoid any of my sims getting pets, because one of them having a pet soon results in everyone wanting at least one of them. And all these monsters need to be trained to do or not do certain things... And then soon you see cat-vs-dog fights everywhere. But that's another topic entirely.)
True, pets can be a hassle, and training them to "Do this, don't do that" can be a chore. But that's where two of those aforementioned Life States can lighten the load a bit: Werewolves train dogs in about half the time that non-werewolves do, and witches train cats in about half the time that non-witches do. That's why my werewolf Jolene Lupina has such an easy lifestyle: She has ten dogs that she trained and housebroke herself, and she just sends all the dogs out to work, leaving her free to run her own business, invite friends to her house every day and otherwise handle her daily affairs without a steady job getting in her way.

The worst part about Jolene's style is having to spend so many of her Aspiration Points on Kibble of Life; saints forbid that any of those dogs should grow too old to go to work anymore. Plus, if a dog dies from old age, then Jolene has to get a new dog and train it all over again. Blegh. Training dogs isn't a huge problem for werewolves, but still...blegh.

(04-09-2018 12:21 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  So asking for *my* opinion, is sure to net you a VETO: do NOT have Benne bitten by any Vampires! Besides, she is far too cute to have her walk around with her forearm in front of her face!
But then, I would also have said that about Sanguine.

It is still your decision, of course.
Don't worry, Benne shall remain vampirism-free. It's not like she isn't weird enough already, right? Wink

And yes, Benne and Sanguine are cuties. But Merelith and Scylla might not look so bad if they would fix their make-up and ease off the eyeliner a tad.

#7 04-09-2018 
Ah, so you haven't got the mod yet to abolish the horrible 20k handouts??? (Pescado's no20khandouts.package)

My sims need to QUALIFY for college, which means they need to gain at least 20 skill points. On top of that, they cannot take any of their parents' household funds with them. Only money that they made themselves with a job, or by crafting/selling stuff, and scholarships. In college, they have a few options: dorms are cheap, but they offer only the bare minimum in amenities. There are also cheap and expensive rentals. The cheap rentals are as bare-bones as the dorms. The expensive rentals may contain luxuries.

Everything that a sim wants or needs, that is not present, must be bought for them with money that they have brought in themselves. And when they leave, they must take their stuff with them. Because those that come after them, must ALSO make their own beds without unfair advantages.

Sims in college can do well and receive grants, and they can craft/sell stuff, open a business, get a job, whatever it takes to earn more money. When they leave college, I calculate what all they brought in/earned, and subtract however much they spent on the items they bought. What remains is the money that they take with them. If they leave college with nothing, they will end up in the Sim bin with nothing! The 20k handout is reserved only for those that are created in CAS, because they have not had a chance to earn their own wealth.

If a sim is broke, destitute, poor as a church rat on a sinking ship, they can try their fortune in a house under mortgage. Wise sims avoid this poverty trap by making a good sum of money in college or before!

#8 04-09-2018 
(04-09-2018 01:21 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  We're always free to ignore Wants, though.

Hehe, try to do that with a sim who has ONLY such wants... If there is no simple other want to fulfill to force a reroll, THEN what do you do?

I have no problem with Plantsims and Witches. Whne they've collected the right stuff around them, they can go do everything they want, and go on day and night. But I do not want a Plantsim-Witch, because they're stuck with the stupid hair!
Anyway, it's clear that we have totally different styles of playing the game. That's all great. I merely wanted to explain why I would vote for Benne to not be bitten. Smile

#9 04-09-2018 
(04-09-2018 01:49 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Ah, so you haven't got the mod yet to abolish the horrible 20k handouts??? (Pescado's no20khandouts.package)
Dare I ask which surprises Pescado included in that mod? Wink

I don't want to completely abolish the 20k handout for college graduates, but I certainly wouldn't mind reducing it to, say, 3k, 5k or 10k. It's enough to keep any Sims who went from CAS directly to college (like Sanguine and the Chimeras did) from getting consigned to a virtual refrigerator box after they graduate. Apartments are an affordable short-term housing solution for college graduates (or pretty much anyone else), but, as with apartments in real life, Simmy apartments have no equity, so Sims will pay more in the long run if they live in an apartment for all their days; once they've lived in an apartment for long enough to save up enough money to buy a house, they should do so.

(04-09-2018 02:11 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  
(04-09-2018 01:21 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  We're always free to ignore Wants, though.

Hehe, try to do that with a sim who has ONLY such wants... If there is no simple other want to fulfill to force a reroll, THEN what do you do?
Ah, we've all been there (especially with non-college-graduate Sims and their mere four Wants). But even in that case, you still have a few options worth trying:

1) Send the Sim to bed. Sims usually get a reroll when they wake up after a good night's sleep. No mere napping on the couch will do, however; it has to be a bed, and it has to be sleep.

2) Go to a community lot. As with people in real life, Sims can be easily distracted by what community lots have to offer. "I want to be a vampire! I want to be a werewolf! I want to be a vampire/werewolf! I want to...holy fish, the mall has a friggin' Electro Sphere! Forget vampires, I want to ride THAT!" Big Grin

3) Feed them something new. It doesn't always force rerolls, but Sims always want to learn how to cook a dish that they enjoyed eating, and some Want needs to go in order to make room for that one. This is easier to pull off if you have mods which add new Simmy meals and dishes to your game (including the notorious food.package), and it's easier yet if you have a Sim with Cooking 10 in the household. "I want to be a vampire! I want to be a werewolf! I want to be a vampire/werewolf! I want to...hey, this is delicious! What is it? Lemon tartlette? Forget vampires! I want to learn how to cook lemon tartlette!" Big Grin

4) Fulfill a Fear. It's the least desirable of the four options, but sometimes it beats being stuck with an unsavory Want or two. "I want to be a vampire! I want to be a werewolf! I want to be a vampire/werewolf! I want to...uhm...why am I walking into the public bathroom? Ewwww, I just sat on a nasty public toilet! The horror! The horror! I just...I just want to plant some seeds now." Sad

(04-09-2018 02:11 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I have no problem with Plantsims and Witches. Whne they've collected the right stuff around them, they can go do everything they want, and go on day and night. But I do not want a Plantsim-Witch, because they're stuck with the stupid hair!
I dislike the PlantSim leaves-for-hair myself. And the game won't let you change it! There are probably mods to allow Sims to keep their hair after becoming PlantSims, but I haven't found any of them yet.

(04-09-2018 02:11 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Anyway, it's clear that we have totally different styles of playing the game. That's all great. I merely wanted to explain why I would vote for Benne to not be bitten. Smile
Don't worry, she's not getting bitten. Besides, her new house is going to have a really neat Science Fiction vibe with all the Star Trek items I've accumulated. And the whole "vampire chic" wouldn't mesh with Star Trek very well. Wink

#10 04-09-2018 
I have a Mod that allows a Sim that is a Plant Sim to keep the hair that they had before they became a Plant Sim, if they are already a Plant Sim and you install the mod then you have make them Normal and then Plant Sim again. It works quite nicely thanks to this mod I have Rose Greenman {currently my only Plant Sim} with a nice hair do. heh. Note the mod to have normal hair for Plant Sims is NoMoreLeafyHair by poifectly_poiple on MTS.

Given that I don't have FT or AL I don't have Witches or Appartments.

I guess that I am both like BoilingOil and different from BoilingOil at the same time. lol

I don't have any Playable Vampires, only some Townies and the NPC Vampires, and I have only the Leaders of the Pack Werewolves, and I have no Zombies. So Lots of Aliens and one Plant Sim at this point.

I think it is fine if you want to have Playable Vampires and Playable Werewolves and Playable Zombies, but not me....at least not at this point.

I don't think I ever will have Zombies and I am not motivated to have Playable Vampires or Werewolves. Also I have a a Mod that prevents Sims from being Turned even if one of the NPC Vampires Bites them. So I have to make them be a Vampire, I did it to some Townies as I wanted to see if I would get any Vampires as Walk bys. I have not noticed any Vampires coming by except if I invite the NPCs which I do.

I do have a lot of Pets though, not every Family has Pets in my game, but a lot of them do.

Anyway that Vampires don't age, does not really matter to me as I control the Age of my Sims for the most part, I have individual aging mod and The Sim Blender, The Sim Manipulator and The InSimenator {object version}.

I don't really do Trek Fandom, but I am pretty sure that there are some versions out there that are Vampire/ST. I am a huge Science Fiction Fan, just not much of a Star Trek Fan lol. I am big on Dr. Who though.

However I enjoy reading about other people's games and so just because I would not be doing the same thing, does not mean that I won't enjoy seeing what you do with your Sims.

Sorry, that is a members only option