It Came from the Chimera Thread!
#31 27-09-2018 
(27-09-2018 08:12 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Whoa. I have never once had a college Sim in a PermaPlat mood. Even Benne and Jolene came close as teens and young adults, but they never quite reached PermaPlat through total Aspiration Points, and most of the Lifetime Wants are pretty much impossible for anyone under the Adult stage to achieve ("Become [top of Career Path X]," "Reach Golden Anniversary," "Graduate Three Children from College" and such; "Max Out Seven Skills," "Have 20 Lovers" and "Have 30 Best Friends" may be doable if you work very hard at it, but I have yet to pull it off with a child or a teen). How did you do it? Huh

Actually, the "Reach top of career path" LTW may even be triggered when a teen reaches career-level 3. Of course, they must have a teen job in the career path that the want covers, to get it!
Apart from that, it is mostly the "Max Out 7 Skills" want or the continuous overloading of the Aspiration meter. I don't believe the "Max Out 7 Skills" will naturally roll for teens, though. But I could be wrong. My sims can, at the cost of many Aspiration points, buy a reroll, though! And THEN it does tend to happen.

The remaining method, maxing out the Aspiration meter, isn't easy. But it CAN be done... by very few sims! Only two of my sims ever did this. And they were sisters!
The first, Yoranda Newson -- Alien daughter of Ginger --, was the most spectacular. She got the A+ even before she became a Teen, and on her third teen day, she reached top level in her teen job. She kept rolling wants to learn skills, until -- on the seventh day of her teen lifestage -- she fulfilled the last "Max out this skill" want. And even though she didn't have the "Max Out 7 skills" LTW, she *did* roll all the normal skilling wants, including "Max out all skills". So the points kept racking up, and her meter kept being flooded with points.

Because, after maxing the last skill, school could no longer teach her anything she didn't already know, I took her of the public-school system and had her run "Conveniently Newson", the convenience store originally set up by her mother! In a matter of 5 days, Yoranda made that store into a level 10 business, tripled it's market value, and racked up enough in personal earnings, to cover TWICE what her mother had originally paid for starting that shop! So that's when I had Ginger give her the ownership Certificate as a present! Yoranda was the envy of Malcolm "the Beggar" Landgraab III, and she still had to go to College!
And all that time, she kept rolling exactly the wants she needed in the right order, so every achievement was points on the meter! The level 10 business, however, was when she nailed it!

Her sister was less spectacular. She did the same hard work studying, but she maxed the last skill only moments before having to run to College! So there was no teen business for her, and she did not quite leap into PermaPlat. But for her, the bell tolled the moment she was dropped off at the Dorm by her father, Ginger's partner! The simple feat of "Going to College" put her in the "Hall of Early PermaPlat Achievers".

(27-09-2018 08:12 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  And there's nothing wrong with the same professor dating several generations of your Sims, so long as they're bathing regularly. "Oh, hello there, and welcome to my class! You know, I dated your grandfather, your father, your mother and one of your uncles back in the day, so...how are you, my dear?" "Whoa. Exactly how old are you, professor?"

Ewwww, fossil much?

(27-09-2018 08:12 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  But speaking of skeevy age differences, did you ever notice that the streakers on campus are fully fledged Adults, not college-age Young Adults? Why is that? "You came back to college just to get naked and run around? What's wrong with you? Get a job already!"

Yup, well known fact to all that visit the Sims 2 Wiki occasionally... Big Grin But I agree, it's sick!

BTW: Zombies can't flaunt anything that I would want to know about! Tongue

#32 27-09-2018 
So Kileighney succeeded where the Chimera Sisters have thus far failed.

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch01.jpg]
"Please use them wisely and with the best intentions."

Yeah, good luck with that. With Kileighney, you'll be lucky to get witchy neutrality. When I created her, I was thinking of a more sexually desperate version of the witch from "Hansel and Gretel." "Welcome to my home in the deep forest, O strapping young lumberjack! Now get into my bed! I mean...my oven. No, wait...no, I don't. That's just a dumb stereotype. Anyway, you. Bed. Now."

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch02.jpg]
"Kileighney Hagg the Nice Witch." Don't get used to it. It won't last. Tongue

She looks a whole lot different without all that hair, doesn't she? Note to Self: Lose the witch hat ASAP.

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch03.jpg]
Good witches get to fly on the pretty brooms. Ah, the sacrifices we must make to achieve our goals.

"Off to the Magical World to master the arts of witchcraft, BRB!"

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch04.jpg]
"Hello, neighbor!"

It's a good thing you don't need a car to get to the Magical World, because those roads go nowhere.

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch05.jpg]
And then she was Neutral.

I know that gray supposedly goes with everything, but I'm not so sure if the gray-and-brown look vibes with me.

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch06.jpg]
Meanwhile, the High Witch just kept doing her thing.

Cauldron use sounds funny when you're running the game at triple speed. Big Grin

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch07.jpg]
Expello Simae: The "nuclear option" for ridding your dorm of Cow Mascots. Cool

(...or would that be the SentryBots that you build with the robot-crafting stations? It's hilarious to watch a Cow Mascot get zapped by one of those bad boys!)

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch08.jpg]
Welcome to your new way of getting around! And you didn't have to catch a single ninja (and win his coin toss) to get it!

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch09.jpg]
BAMF!

So I put Kileighney through the usual cycle. Study witchcraft, sit in the throne, study witchcraft, sit in the throne, maybe make some reagents or objects if the urge hits me. Repeat until Magic Skill reaches 10 and ideal witchy Alignment is achieved.

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch10.jpg]
Oh, dear. How did that happen?

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch11.jpg]
"Clouds are awesome! By the way, Kileighney, there's something...different about you now."
"I tweezed my eyebrows."
"Oh. Okay. So anyway, how about those clouds?"

So then I once again sat Kileighney in the Throne of Light, which immediately reminded me under no uncertain terms that Kileighney had veered too far south of Neutral since she last sat in it.

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch12.jpg]
And the throne in that black castle across the street, the chasm and the other street was suddenly a whole lot more comfy. Mackenzie Long the Atrociously Evil Witch was there too.

And between the two Wants that Kileighney rolled up the moment she descended on the Fortress of Eternal Darkness, she stood to gain a total of 1,000 Aspiration Points from casting a single evil spell! How could I resist?

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch13.jpg]
At first I thought to pay Mackenzie Long back for ruining many a Sim's dinner dates Downtown by slapping her lot with Corruptus Locus, just to see how she likes it. But for whatever reason, witchy Sims can't cast Locus spells in either of the Magical World's lots.

So Kileighney and I settled for Mellifera Attackum.

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch14.jpg]
Worth it! Big Grin

#33 27-09-2018 
If you do it right... (assuming you want to do that at all), you can achieve "Infallably Good" or "Atrociously Evil" Witch status the moment you are granted the power for the first time.
Just approach the High Witch of your choice, and make the request a few times in quick succession! You will still have to learn the spell levels, but you'll already have the sparkly aura!

Also, when the Castle of your choice loads, the High Witch's Cauldron and Tome have not been claimed yet.
So if you're quick enough to pause the game, and go to where the High Witch's throne is, YOU can claim her Cauldron and her Tome! Now SHE will have none to work with, and you'll have your sources to work with right besides her throne!!!

#34 27-09-2018 
(27-09-2018 09:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Actually, the "Reach top of career path" LTW may even be triggered when a teen reaches career-level 3. Of course, they must have a teen job in the career path that the want covers, to get it!
Apart from that, it is mostly the "Max Out 7 Skills" want or the continuous overloading of the Aspiration meter. I don't believe the "Max Out 7 Skills" will naturally roll for teens, though. But I could be wrong. My sims can, at the cost of many Aspiration points, buy a reroll, though! And THEN it does tend to happen.
Oh. And all this time, I just figured that nothing less than hitting the tenth tier in a Career Track would trigger such Wants. And I never lucked out by achieving that with my teens. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the heads-up. Smile

But don't the career-related LTWs specify the Career Track's tenth tier, like "Be a Visionary" or "Be a Hall of Famer"? How do teens achieve that when they can't ever achieve those career titles and positions?

(27-09-2018 09:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  The remaining method, maxing out the Aspiration meter, isn't easy. But it CAN be done... by very few sims! Only two of my sims ever did this. And they were sisters!
The first, Yoranda Newson -- Alien daughter of Ginger --, was the most spectacular. She got the A+ even before she became a Teen, and on her third teen day, she reached top level in her teen job. She kept rolling wants to learn skills, until -- on the seventh day of her teen lifestage -- she fulfilled the last "Max out this skill" want. And even though she didn't have the "Max Out 7 skills" LTW, she *did* roll all the normal skilling wants, including "Max out all skills". So the points kept racking up, and her meter kept being flooded with points.
I've noticed that the Grow Up aspiration is a lot like the Knowledge aspiration in several ways. "Do this." Okay, done that. "Do that." Okay, done that too. "Reach Body 5." Okay, I did it. "Now reach Body 6." Okay, done. "Now reach Body 7." This is going to continue until we get to Body 9 and I have to lock "Max Out Body Skill" and save that 8,000 points for a rainy day, isn't it? Tongue

(27-09-2018 09:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Because, after maxing the last skill, school could no longer teach her anything she didn't already know, I took her of the public-school system and had her run "Conveniently Newson", the convenience store originally set up by her mother! In a matter of 5 days, Yoranda made that store into a level 10 business, tripled it's market value, and racked up enough in personal earnings, to cover TWICE what her mother had originally paid for starting that shop! So that's when I had Ginger give her the ownership Certificate as a present! Yoranda was the envy of Malcolm "the Beggar" Landgraab III, and she still had to go to College!
Isn't Malcolm Landgraab III dead? Or do you mean Malcolm Landgraab IV? Or did you get a genie, an evil witch or a Resurrect-o-nomicon (in the fourth Malcolm's hands) to bring Malcolm the Third back from the grave, possibly as a zombie, in which case he most certainly would envy your rich Sim for several reasons? Big Grin

(27-09-2018 09:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Her sister was less spectacular. She did the same hard work studying, but she maxed the last skill only moments before having to run to College! So there was no teen business for her, and she did not quite leap into PermaPlat. But for her, the bell tolled the moment she was dropped off at the Dorm by her father, Ginger's partner! The simple feat of "Going to College" put her in the "Hall of Early PermaPlat Achievers".
10,000 Aspiration Points is pretty nice! I don't see why some Simmers eschew that award. "I don't send my Sims to college because the game's not brutally hard enough after you do that!" Flippin' Simmer sadomasochists.... Tongue

(27-09-2018 09:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Ewwww, fossil much?
Yes. Fossil very, very much. Professors are walking Time Abysses like that. Wink

(27-09-2018 09:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Yup, well known fact to all that visit the Sims 2 Wiki occasionally... Big Grin But I agree, it's sick!
I visit the Wiki fairly often too (and have made several contributions to it), but heck, I figured it out myself just from talking to the streakers. "Hey, beautiful! Fancy seeing you running naked around my dorm! Let's see how you react to my flirty Suggestion! Wait...that wasn't a teen girl's voice! That was an adult woman's voice! Who are you, and why are you running around campus naked? Are you the dean's secretary? Ew, the dean's secretary is flashing her boobs and her nethers at me! No, wait...that's actually kind of hot. Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson!" Big Grin

(27-09-2018 09:09 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  BTW: Zombies can't flaunt anything that I would want to know about! Tongue
I did it for science. Science wants to know about everything. Big Grin

(27-09-2018 09:34 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  If you do it right... (assuming you want to do that at all), you can achieve "Infallably Good" or "Atrociously Evil" Witch status the moment you are granted the power for the first time.
Just approach the High Witch of your choice, and make the request a few times in quick succession! You will still have to learn the spell levels, but you'll already have the sparkly aura!
I did that with Ostara in my Covenheart household too, only I used a different approach. In her case, her own mother Isis cast Magus Mutatio on her to turn her into a witch. They're family, they're BFFs and their Relationships are both at or near 100/100. So when Isis — an Infallibly Good witch — turned Ostara into a witch, Ostara started off Infallibly Good as well, just like you said.

Ostara's half-sister Hazel didn't get it so good; her mother Mordra (Atrociously Evil) simply took her to the Fortress of Eternal Darkness, and I had Hazel buddy up to Mackenzie Long while Mordra hovered over a cauldron brewing up a bunch of reagents. Then after Hazel asked her, Mackenzie turned her into a Mean Witch. So I haven't had quite as much luck with the usual approach. I think I'll have my witches go the Magus Mutatio route (after their Relationships are very strong) from now on.

I did have Terra Mac Calder cast Magus Mutatio on her son Fennel, but she's a Neutral witch, so naturally Fennel became a Neutral warlock. Apparently that's the only way for new witches to start off perfectly Neutral, so at least I learned something from that.

(27-09-2018 09:34 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Also, when the Castle of your choice loads, the High Witch's Cauldron and Tome have not been claimed yet.
So if you're quick enough to pause the game, and go to where the High Witch's throne is, YOU can claim her Cauldron and her Tome! Now SHE will have none to work with, and you'll have your sources to work with right besides her throne!!!
Aw, now that would just be mean.

...which might be quite fitting for some witches, come to think of it. Wink

#35 27-09-2018 
(27-09-2018 10:05 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Oh. And all this time, I just figured that nothing less than hitting the tenth tier in a Career Track would trigger such Wants. And I never lucked out by achieving that with my teens. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the heads-up. Smile

But don't the career-related LTWs specify the Career Track's tenth tier, like "Be a Visionary" or "Be a Hall of Famer"? How do teens achieve that when they can't ever achieve those career titles and positions?

Nope, as I recall it, there are several careers where it simply says "Reach top of that career". But my memory has recently shown signs of senior behavior, so maybe those were the normal wants, not the LTWs??? I don't know... I must admit, the last time I actually played, is about two years ago...

(27-09-2018 10:05 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I've noticed that the Grow Up aspiration is a lot like the Knowledge aspiration in several ways. "Do this." Okay, done that. "Do that." Okay, done that too. "Reach Body 5." Okay, I did it. "Now reach Body 6." Okay, done. "Now reach Body 7." This is going to continue until we get to Body 9 and I have to lock "Max Out Body Skill" and save that 8,000 points for a rainy day, isn't it? Tongue

If by "rainy day" you mean "until after I've reached level 9", then yes. The point is to use your current Platinum mood to work on that next level, because it gives a significant skilling speed boost. And those 8000 points help boosting the LTA meter. Yoranda didn't become PermaPlat by waiting around for a "rainy day". She powered through, so she could choose another skill to learn and max out...

(27-09-2018 10:05 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Isn't Malcolm Landgraab III dead? Or do you mean Malcolm Landgraab IV? Or did you get a genie, an evil witch or a Resurrect-o-nomicon (in the fourth Malcolm's hands) to bring Malcolm the Third back from the grave, possibly as a zombie, in which case he most certainly would envy your rich Sim for several reasons? Big Grin

OK, so then it's IV... As I said... seniority. It sets in early for me, it seems. Sad

(27-09-2018 10:05 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  10,000 Aspiration Points is pretty nice! I don't see why some Simmers eschew that award. "I don't send my Sims to college because the game's not brutally hard enough after you do that!" Flippin' Simmer masochists.... Tongue

Well, the same can be said for many features:
I'm not having a sim max all skills; the game gets a bit too easy after that!
I don't want my sim to be a Plantsim; with only three needs and the Spores of Happiness, life becomes too easy!
I don't want my sim to become a Witch; their spells make life way too easy!

And I say... then why did you even bother to buys those packs? Admitted, I don't make my sims into Vampires, Zombies or Werewolves. But that's mot because life would be too easy after that! A person can add his/her own challenges! It's an open ended game, after all!

(27-09-2018 10:05 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson!" Big Grin

Hahahaha

(27-09-2018 10:05 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I did that with Ostara in my Covenheart household too, only I used a different approach. In her case, her own mother Isis cast Magus Mutatio on her to turn her into a witch. They're family, they're BFFs and their Relationships are both at or near 100/100. So when Isis — an Infallibly Good witch — turned Ostara into a witch, Ostara started off Infallibly Good as well, just like you said.

With playable sims, it's NOT the same! You have to play the Witch character yourself to cast the Magus Mutatio spell.
I was talking about the actual High Witch NPCs. They can make you Infallible or Atrocious too, if you just repeat the request a few times in quick succession before she completes her spell. Or maybe before she can even start!

(27-09-2018 10:05 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Ostara's half-sister Hazel didn't get it so good; her mother Mordra (Atrociously Evil) simply took her to the Fortress of Eternal Darkness, and I had Hazel buddy up to Mackenzie Long while Mordra hovered over a cauldron brewing up a bunch of reagents. Then after Hazel asked her, Mackenzie turned her into a Mean Witch. So I haven't had quite as much luck with the usual approach. I think I'll have my witches go the Magus Mutatio route (after their Relationships are very strong) from now on.

Yeah, and I know WHY it went south...

(27-09-2018 10:05 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Aw, now that would just be mean.

Why? At least you can have some fun... while you study the Tome, the High Witch can incite a laugh or two at the Cauldron. And vice versa!

(27-09-2018 10:05 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  ...which might be quite fitting for some witches, come to think of it. Wink

See???

#36 27-09-2018 
[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch15.jpg]
You know, underneath all that weird witch clothing, Mackenzie Long (or whatever this High Witch is named in your game) actually looks young and rather pretty.

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch16.jpg]
Awww. I guess it couldn't last.

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch17.jpg]
Meanwhile, Kileighney was turning all green and sour-looking.

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch18.jpg]
Soonafter came the green puffs.

I don't like the green puffs. As soon as Kileighney gets what she wants out of her Atrociously Evil alignment, she's studying the Path of Light just long enough to go back to Just Plain Evil, mark my words.

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch19.jpg]
Ah, there's what she came for! It's time to make one!

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch20.jpg]
Oh, shut up! That witchy cackling is too "Wizard of Oz" for my tastes! Tongue

(And the "How It Should Have Ended" channel on YouTube had a point about The Wizard of Oz. The Munchkins threw a parade when Dorothy and her house dropped in, and among that parade were several Munchkin guards with muskets, right? For all the time that the Wicked Witches of the East and the West — and however many flying monkeys — had been plaguing them beforehand, did the Munchkin guards ever try shooting the witches? Even once? Tongue )

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch21.jpg]
The Claws of Darkness Throne. Never eat, shower, watch TV, sit on a toilet or sleep in a bed again!

(...WooHoo in a bed withstanding. Sims tend to nod off after that.)

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch22.jpg]
And then I remembered that the Evil Witch palace has one thing which the Good Witch palace doesn't: A bookshelf right behind the throne. So instead of making Kileighney sit in the throne, I started making her go to the bookshelf and grab one of those "life skill" books, and as I expected, she autonomously sat in the throne to read it.

So she went to the Fortress of Eternal Darkness to master witchcraft, and she ended up mastering witchcraft, fire extinguishing, physiology and parenting! What a deal! Big Grin

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch23.jpg]
"Bye, Mackenzie! I'm heading back to college now! I'll be back when I need to make more reagents and lamps! Okay, bye!"

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch24.jpg]
So then she came back to the Fruityboo Farm, fixed her appearance, played with the parrot for a while and went on a date with the cute blonde from the Landgraab Society.

Wasn't I just talking about the whole "Secret Handshake is a Play interaction" thing? Tongue

(And I swear, Kileighney is bisexual! She dates men too! She sees lightning bolts for both men and women! She's just been dating a few women in a row lately, that's all. Honest!)

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch25.jpg]
Dance like a chicken! Dance! Dance!

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch26.jpg]
"I want to be a witch!"
"What a coincidence! I want to turn you into a witch!"
"I'm glad we're in agreement on this. Let's do it!"

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch27.jpg]
So Kana got Magus Mutatio'ed. Too bad that the stars weren't aligned enough for Kana to be Atrociously Evil right off the bat, but maybe it's better this way.

Witches have the best dates. Big Grin

#37 28-09-2018 
(27-09-2018 10:36 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Nope, as I recall it, there are several careers where it simply says "Reach top of that career". But my memory has recently shown signs of senior behavior, so maybe those were the normal wants, not the LTWs??? I don't know... I must admit, the last time I actually played, is about two years ago...
There are indeed "Reach Top of [Career Track]" Wants, and I believe they're worth somewhere between 8,000 and 15,000 points each. I'll see if I can get one of those Wants with a teen or an elder and satisfy the Want with a Level 3 job. Smile

(And I'd ask "Why did you stop playing?", but I may have just climbed out of the same boat myself, after "the Clique" and their petty, malignant politics on The Sims Site That Shall Not Be Named got under my skin one time too many, so I stormed off in an infuriated huff, even going so far as to drop TS2 cold turkey — guilt by association and all — and occupy my time with Neverwinter Nights multiplayer and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion instead. And I just picked TS2 back up only recently, after my Simmy hankerings and fond memories returned. I have my bouts with emotions, anger included.)

(27-09-2018 10:36 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  If by "rainy day" you mean "until after I've reached level 9", then yes. The point is to use your current Platinum mood to work on that next level, because it gives a significant skilling speed boost. And those 8000 points help boosting the LTA meter. Yoranda didn't become PermaPlat by waiting around for a "rainy day". She powered through, so she could choose another skill to learn and max out...
I mean "rainy day" as in "either no suitable Wants have come up for a while or I just had a really nasty Fear come true, so it's time to fish my Sim out of Low Green (or lower) Aspiration." "No, I don't want to catch butterflies. No, I don't want to stay home from work; I don't have any vacation days saved up, and I need the money. No, I don't want to go hiking because I usually come back with poison ivy or bees. I guess I'll just hang around in Low Green Aspiration until...oh. Now my roommate just ignited the oven and fulfilled my 'Fire!' Fear. Where's the treadmill? Which juicer's loaded with eggplants? I need to get to Body 10 and satisfy that Want stat!"

But I see your point. Get to PermaPlat, and the Fears from burning stoves tend to lose a bit of their sting. Smile

(27-09-2018 10:36 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  OK, so then it's IV... As I said... seniority. It sets in early for me, it seems. Sad
Hey, we all forget things. How many times did you have to elucidate on the fact that Sims rent homes in the college hoods — not buy them — before I realized that I had been mistaken and shut up about it? Tongue

(27-09-2018 10:36 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Well, the same can be said for many features:
I'm not having a sim max all skills; the game gets a bit too easy after that!
I don't want my sim to be a Plantsim; with only three needs and the Spores of Happiness, life becomes too easy!
I don't want my sim to become a Witch; their spells make life way too easy!

And I say... then why did you even bother to buys those packs? Admitted, I don't make my sims into Vampires, Zombies or Werewolves. But that's mot because life would be too easy after that! A person can add his/her own challenges! It's an open ended game, after all!
I can only guess that they did it for the home-building goodies. Nightlife, Pets, Freetime and Apartment Life do have some neat stuff and features to add to our games, even once you get past the ageless vampires, invincible werewolves, easy-living plant people and omnipotent witches. Smile

(27-09-2018 10:36 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  With playable sims, it's NOT the same! You have to play the Witch character yourself to cast the Magus Mutatio spell.
I simply meant as far as the end result of starting off on either extreme of the witchy Alignment scale. Exactly how a witch starts at either extreme, in my eyes, is incidental.

(27-09-2018 10:36 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  See???
Well, if we can't plague the Evil High Witch's castle with lightning and cockroaches, we can settle for swiping her spellbook when she isn't looking. I reckon that counts for something. Smile

#38 28-09-2018 
Come to think of it, how hard would it be for a Romance teen to satisfy this Lifetime Want, considering that their days as a teen are comparatively brief (unless you get a genie or Elixir of Life to help them extend the teen stage a mite) and they can't take Romance benefits until the very moment they age up into the Teen stage?

[Image: LottaLottaLove.jpg]

Even my Romance vampires have trouble achieving that LTW! But not being able to go Downtown on dates for 50% of each day may have a hand in that. On the other hand, as long as they stay off the treadmills and avoid partaking in any other Energy-eating activities, vampires can keep going all night, more so if they keep driving home and reversing the clock whenever dawn draws near. So do my vampires really have an excuse? Tongue

#39 28-09-2018 
[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch28.jpg]
"Cow, if you bother me in any way, you'll regret it."

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch29.jpg]
"No, seriously. I mean it. You will regret it!"

He let her finish her cooking in peace. Smile

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch30.jpg]
And then she bedded the streaker dude.

See? She dates men too. Kileighney Hagg is an Equal Opportunity WooHooer. Wink

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch31.jpg]
"There's a time and a place for building team spirit, cheerleader. This would be neither one."

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch32.jpg]
Yay, Graduation Party!

As thanks for helping her with her awesome grades, she invited both of the Art professors whom she had dated and WooHooed. The third Art professor had to miss out. Tongue

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch33.jpg]
Between the sparkly spaghetti, the sparkly Santa cookies, the arcade games and Kileighney's voodoo doll turning one of the cafeteria workers into her friend, the party was bound to be a Roof Raiser. It was inevitable. Smile

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch34.jpg]
See? Not only do witches have the best dates, they also throw the best parties! Big Grin

[Image: KileighneyIsAWitch35.jpg]
Please don't be ugly clothes...please don't be ugly clothes...please don't be ugly clothes...oh. She simply changed back to her witch outfit when she aged up.

At least it wasn't ugly clothes. So there's another perk to being a witch, I guess. Smile
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2018 01:21 AM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#40 28-09-2018 
First of all, as a user I'd like to scream out: REALLY? FOUR posts in a row on the same thread? On most fora, they hang you to dry for what is called double-posting, and I can't even call it THAT anymore.

Maybe, as a global moderator I should contain my emotions a little, and be saying something about how multi-posting is not much appreciated... As I hope I've done now. I'm sorry for my outburst, earlier. I'll often let two posts slide, because we're all human. But this *did* push the limits a bit too much.

(27-09-2018 11:55 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  [Image: KileighneyIsAWitch15.jpg]
You know, underneath all that weird witch clothing, Mackenzie Long (or whatever this High Witch is named in your game) actually looks young and rather pretty.

The blonde hair under the hat gave away that she was at least not an elder, for me. Smile

(27-09-2018 11:55 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I don't like the green puffs. As soon as Kileighney gets what she wants out of her Atrociously Evil alignment, she's studying the Path of Light just long enough to go back to Just Plain Evil, mark my words.

Sad, because I *do* like puffs... But I know there are mods out there to kill that kind of stuff, you know? Just so she could stay at the top of the game and still not puff... Twould kill the Good puffs as well, though...

(27-09-2018 11:55 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  The Claws of Darkness Throne. Never eat, shower, watch TV, sit on a toilet or sleep in a bed again!
And when you say it like that, suddenly I'm beginning to understand why people wouldn't want witches in their families: too easy. I still like them, but I'm just saying I understand.

(27-09-2018 11:55 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  (And I swear, Kileighney is bisexual! She dates men too! She sees lightning bolts for both men and women! She's just been dating a few women in a row lately, that's all. Honest!)

Sure... many of my sims are bisexual as well... So expect that you like the ladies around her more than the men. Or you're perverse and want to push her towards lesbianism. Tongue Tongue

(28-09-2018 12:37 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  And I'd ask "Why did you stop playing?", but...

I didn't really stop, actually... It's just that I got other games to play that got badly in the way of my sim-time! And in no way would a bad experience on ANY website EVER get me to stop playing a game. I don't allow strangers to gain THAT much power over me.

(28-09-2018 12:37 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  But I see your point. Get to PermaPlat, and the Fears from burning stoves tend to lose a bit of their sting. Smile

Something close to that... The thing is, as you should know, that the lifetime meter is updated every six sim hours. The higher the current mood meter sits, the more points are added to the lifetime meter. At the same time, the high mood meter keeps boosting your sim's skilling speed. So, even though the PermaPlat may not be in a sim's foreseeable future, if you keep pumping points in that meter, at least she keeps at platinum for now, can skill faster, and can keep platinum for a very long time that way... all this time keeping the boosts for the lifetime meter at max too! THAT is what I call "OVERLOADING".
Keep making high-aspiration wants -- Skilling wants included! Keep that mood meter maxed out!

And this is why you need my "Rewards Catalogue" mod as well. This method tends to max out the Sim's personal aspiration points meter to a point where if you don't spend the points, new points are falling into oblivion. With my catalogue... those points will simply be stored somewhere safe, where you can later retrieve them, when you REALLY need them.

(28-09-2018 12:37 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  
(27-09-2018 10:36 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  With playable sims, it's NOT the same! You have to play the Witch character yourself to cast the Magus Mutatio spell.
I simply meant as far as the end result of starting off on either extreme of the witchy Alignment scale. Exactly how a witch starts at either extreme, in my eyes, is incidental.

Okay, in *your* eyes. I'll accept that. Because the point of my original argument was that in fact, it's only incidental if you ALLOW it to be!

(28-09-2018 12:50 AM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Come to think of it, how hard would it be for a Romance teen to satisfy this Lifetime Want, considering that their days as a teen are comparatively brief (unless you get a genie or Elixir of Life to help them extend the teen stage a mite) and they can't take Romance benefits until the very moment they age up into the Teen stage?

<...snip...>

Even my Romance vampires have trouble achieving that LTW! But not being able to go Downtown on dates for 50% of each day may have a hand in that. On the other hand, as long as they stay off the treadmills and avoid partaking in any other Energy-eating activities, vampires can keep going all night, more so if they keep driving home and reversing the clock whenever dawn draws near. So do my vampires really have an excuse? Tongue

A comm lot visit wastes little more than 20 minutes of a sim's day. Send your teen to a comm lot about 12 times a day and have her do all the things that are forbidden at home: drink coffee, eat like a glutton, fornicate like the rabbits for hours on end before you send her home... only to repeat the experience with another target. You should be able to have at least three lovers each day.
Teen Witches have it easier, because they can visit the Castle/Palace of the high witch to hang in the chair for a while for boosting their needs. Teens not making this LTW? What are you talking about?? Tongue Tongue Tongue

Sorry, that is a members only option