It Came from the Chimera Thread!
#71 13-10-2018 
I like servos to look like servos, the way Maxis made them, but I also like them in suits/dresses. It's more in style with the game that way (to me).

#72 13-10-2018 
So I assume that SimPE would be involved, but how possible would it be to dress a normal-looking Servo up in various Everyday outfits, preferably ones which are loose-fitting enough to minimize clipping between the garment and the Servo's steely anatomy?

#73 13-10-2018 
I still have a download from 9 years ago (it may be older, but that's when I DL-ed it) containing a lot with 16 android servos. The lot was called Cytek Robotics v2, and I can not remember where I got it, and/or who made it. Searching for it results in absolutely ZIP! Some of the outfits, though, refer to cireking213, who seems to be known on several forums, Sims 2 and otherwise. I'll see if I can extract some from that package, and put up a screenshot of these creatures...

#74 13-10-2018 
I think the best you could hope for would be formal and everyday outfits for the servo. @lordtyger9 seems to know the most about this.

#75 13-10-2018 
Well I know that Servos are set up to only use an Everyday Outfit and a Formal Outfit, it would a big hacking job to get them to use any other type of clothing and I am pretty sure that it would be difficult at best. I don't know of any mod that does it.

If you wanted to have your Servos wear something other than what they currently wear, I am pretty sure that you would need to make a Default replacement. There is a Default replacement for Servos on MTS and one can look at that and maybe make the servos wear a different sort of outfit for Formal, I don't know about Casual.

I like making Servos look like the other Sims, because it is a reference to the past and it is how I like to see robots. The Robot in "Metropolis" a Film by Fritz Lang for example, notable for being the first Robot in Film. Or Star Trek: The Next Generation and the character "Data". Or in Literature the descriptions of the Robots in the Robot series, a series of 38 science fiction short stories and five novels by American writer Isaac Asimov, featuring positronic robots. Asimov's Robot Stories Wiki page I am a HUGE Science Fiction fan I would note. My favourites are The Caves of Steel and The Naked Sun. lol

#76 16-10-2018 
[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon01.jpg]
Uh oh. One of Kileighney's coworkers is about to get himself into some big, deep trouble!

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon02.jpg]
A moment later, Kileighney is amused.

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon03.jpg]
Why are you angry with Kileighney, Knut? You're the nitwit who took the Cowplant's bait!

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon04.jpg]
OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon05.jpg]
"All right, Knut. You want something to be ticked off about? I'll give you something to be ticked off about!"

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon06.jpg]
"First, I'm going to drink your stolen life force!"

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon07.jpg]
"Then, I'm going to make an undead lackey out of your mouldering carcass!"

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon08.jpg]
Look out, here he comes! He's going to give her what-for for sure!

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon09.jpg]
Nope! Knut's ghost dove into the ground, and Knut's reanimated corpse popped out of the ground.

There can be only one Knut!

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon10.jpg]
Okay, perhaps Kileighney went too far....

You know what'll make you feel better, Knut? A nice, warm shower.

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon11.jpg]
Aw. Still sad? Maybe some dinner will make you feel better. Sad

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon12.jpg]
Yeah, I hear you. Kileighney's a real witch...with a capital B.

Now that you've had dinner, what else might make you feel better? How about some cake?

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon13.jpg]
Wrong cake! WRONG CAKE!

[Image: TheSagaOfKnutLondon14.jpg]
Shame on you, Kileighney. Shame!

#77 16-10-2018 
Hahahaha... but why blame Kileighney in the end? It's not HER fault that YOU made him go after that cake AGAIN!!!

Where's Kileighney's leafy outfit coming from? I wanna have it for my plantsim females.

#78 16-10-2018 
(16-10-2018 04:28 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Hahahaha... but why blame Kileighney in the end? It's not HER fault that YOU made him go after that cake AGAIN!!!
Just because she's the reason why that Cowplant is on the lot in the first place. Wink

But it's an idea that I never got around to actually trying out after thinking it up years ago, the whole idea that an Atrociously Evil witch with a Cowplant essentially has everlasting youth; all she has to do is keep reanimating the same zombie and feeding him to the Cowplant forever. With Kileighney, I finally got to prove that it works! It's a great way for the witch to stay young indefinitely. It's not so great for the zombie, though. Tongue

(16-10-2018 04:28 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Where's Kileighney's leafy outfit coming from? I wanna have it for my plantsim females.
Well, it originally came with a few similar leafy outfits from Skellington on That Sims Site That Shall Not Be Named, but that page no longer exists (and neither does Skell's account, apparently). The problem with that outfit was that anyone wearing it walked around on her tiptoes, because the outfit originally had high heels, and Skell removed those shoes, but then Skell neglected to plant the Sim's unshod feet flat against the ground. So after I mentioned that unseemly-looking tiptoeing in those forums, Charity generously fixed those outfits by replacing the Simmy tiptoe feet with BlooM's SexyFeet, then sent me a link to her Dropbox so that I could download those outfits. But now Charity's Dropbox has disappeared, so it seems that the only way for you to get those packages and meshes is through me and my website (though I had to break the original .RAR into four smaller .RARs because my website host won't let me upload more than 5 Megabytes at a time, even though my website can potentially reach Terabytes in size. Go figure).

Shall I post those download links here or in a PM? Wink

#79 17-10-2018 
I have this set which, as you can see, has the same high heels issue. So most of my plantsim females tiptoe around. I've learned not to pay attention to that fact anymore.
There is, however, one feature that Kileighney's outfit seems to have, which is not a part of Sherahbim's outfits: as far as I can see, your girl's outfit is topless.

Anyway, I appreciate your kind offer, but I can live without it. Tongue

By the way, Skellington is still around -- she has a livejournal page --, but I have already confirmed that the outfit is not there Sad

#80 20-10-2018 
Oh, it looks like I did download that entry already. Did Skellington's nymph clothing come with high heels, and Sherabhim simply removed the high heels and uploaded the result? Or was Charity mistaken about Skell being the original creator of the nymph clothing? The mind boggles.

But Kileighney's nymph outfit is unaltered; it has little leafy pasties over her lady nubs, and the pasties are small enough to be concealed under her hair.

[Image: KileighneyOnAnOuting.jpg]

But her regular Everyday outfit with the gypsy skirt and the Birkenstock-like sandals actually is topless. Hence, the magnificently groomed (and strategically placed) hair. She's a haggy witch who lives deep in the forest (on a fairly large lot) and spends much of her time gardening and brewing potions. So she dresses for comfort and couldn't care less about high fashion. Smile

And I just recently found out — in the time and the place of that screenshot — that Sims can get Skill points from those random, annoyingly difficult and needlessly huge outings that random Sims on the phone invite them to! Who knew?

And if you change your mind about those nymph outfits with Sexyfeet, let me know! Wink

Sorry, that is a members only option