It Came from the Chimera Thread!
#11 17-09-2018 
Oddly enough I had not previously downloaded NoWelcomeHomeHugs for some reason, I did download it now though.

I never pay all that much attention to the I am here thing that some Sims do when they come home. I do look if there is dialog about their promotion/demotion though that is about it. I don't consider the thing Sims do when they come home to be an Annoyance myself. It is just some Aspirations that do the Thing? Like I noted I don't really pay much attention to it.

Being immune to Lighting is good though. I use Cyjon's Better Lightning Rods, and Cyjon's Lightning Storm Fix so I have better protection and at the same time I think I might have more lighting, heh.

Oh yeah and where did you get those lights {street Lights?} Pizzatron?

#12 17-09-2018 
Those lights may be the lights that Evil Witches can make at a Cauldron. But it's also possible that those ore a downloaded default-replacement.
In which case my answer does not help you at all and I could just as well have not responded at all.

#13 19-09-2018 
[Image: BenneAfterCollege.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege01.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege02.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege03.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege04.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege05.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege06.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege07.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege08.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege09.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege10.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege11.jpg]

[Image: BenneAfterCollege12.jpg]
Benne's taking to her new home — and to her first few days after college — quite readily. Smile

(17-09-2018 01:01 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Oddly enough I had not previously downloaded NoWelcomeHomeHugs for some reason, I did download it now though.

I never pay all that much attention to the I am here thing that some Sims do when they come home. I do look if there is dialog about their promotion/demotion though that is about it. I don't consider the thing Sims do when they come home to be an Annoyance myself. It is just some Aspirations that do the Thing? Like I noted I don't really pay much attention to it.
I was just playing my Wilderfire/Winehaven family (which started off as me frittering around with the Sim Blender to see what would happen if I used it to make one woman pregnant with another woman as the "father," and it just rolled on from there), and both of the mothers are Family Sims. As of now, they have eight children: Three teens, three children and two toddlers. It's actually pretty cute to see one of the mothers come home from work and one of the little kids just races out of the house and almost runs right into her to give her a "Welcome home" hug. Big Grin

So my take on the Family Homecoming Gesture is that it's cute when another Sim (usually a kid) answers it with a running hug, but it's an annoying time-eater if no one answers it for whatever reason. So keep at least one of the children handy. Smile

(17-09-2018 01:01 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Being immune to Lighting is good though. I use Cyjon's Better Lightning Rods, and Cyjon's Lightning Storm Fix so I have better protection and at the same time I think I might have more lighting, heh.
Cyjon's Better Lightning Rods beats having to cover your entire roof with lightning rods just for them to actually do their job, doesn't it? Smile

(17-09-2018 01:01 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Oh yeah and where did you get those lights {street Lights?} Pizzatron?
(17-09-2018 08:34 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Those lights may be the lights that Evil Witches can make at a Cauldron. But it's also possible that those ore a downloaded default-replacement.
In which case my answer does not help you at all and I could just as well have not responded at all.
Right the first time! That household includes three master-level Atrociously Evil witches. Every time they go to the Fortress of Eternal Darkness, they just have to come home with something they made in the cauldrons: Thrones of Darkness, claw lamp sconces, spiky-orb ceiling lamps or those aforementioned Hand of Darkness floor lamps. And the two master-level Infallibly Good witches do the same thing when they go to the Palace of Neverending Light, except for creating Thrones of Light, Faerie Fire floor lamps, and so on.

After a while, I had so many witchy craftables that I just started throwing them all over the house willy-nilly! Hence, the sidewalk being flanked with Hand of Darkness lamps from one end of their lawn to the other. Smile

It's too bad that Neutral witches — even masters — can only craft little witch statues. I'd like to see what Neutral lamps would look like...probably rustic-looking stuff crafted from knotted wood or whatnot. But we'll never know, because Maxis didn't see fit to give the neutral witches more love. So the one master Neutral witch in the Covenheart family doesn't have a whole lot to do when she goes to the Magical World. Reagents, reagents and more reagents. That's it. It's nice that neutral witches can take a nap in either witchy throne without getting their Needs completely blasted, but that's it for the good news. Neutral witches aren't all that great. Undecided

#14 19-09-2018 
Oh @Pizzatron-9000 what have you done!!!

I remember Benne being cuter that she looks here... She was lovely, but you made her drab by cutting her hair, and taking her out of her charming threads. Sad Darnation, she's almost Vulcan, now. So why don't you just get it over with and make her a Vampire as well? I know I was against that idea earlier, but then I didn't know you were gonna make her boring anyway... So sad...

#15 19-09-2018 
Well, she lost that hair when she aged up, so I had to replace it with something. She had black hair since she was born, and the game suddenly decided that she was a redhead with cornrows? I simply couldn't let that stand. o_O

[Image: BenneRedheadCornrows01.jpg]

[Image: BenneRedheadCornrows02.jpg]

I blame the PT replacement mod.

(Plus, the hair needed to fit inside that space helmet. And the Science Officer uniform is sweet and you know it. Wink )

Also, you're saying "Vulcan" like it's a bad thing. Tongue

[Image: TPol.jpg]

#16 19-09-2018 
Oh it figures that those nice street lights are made by Witches. I don't care about the stuff in FT or AL except for the Witches, oh well I will keep putting up with the lack of Witches in my game.

I really like the House that you have Benne living in. It is very appropiate for a Mad Scientist as well, it just looks great. I think Benne's short dark hair looks fine my self and I kind of like her clothes. It kind of reminds me of what a couple of the Aliens wear in the PS2 version of the Sims 2. Where did you get it?

Yes Vulcans are sexy lol.

Personally I like red hair and corn rows are OK on Alien Hybrids if one of the Sims' Ancestors has dark skin. Oh Blonde hair and dark skin occur naturally on a people that live some where in the South Pacific, it is an independent mutation of the hair colour, so it is OK if we have that in the Sims 2 I think.

#17 20-09-2018 
(19-09-2018 09:16 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Oh it figures that those nice street lights are made by Witches. I don't care about the stuff in FT or AL except for the Witches, oh well I will keep putting up with the lack of Witches in my game.
Well, Apartment Life also has another nice thing that I like: The secret door. Sure, you can simply lock doors if you want to keep random Sims from wandering into the room where you keep your Cowplant, your Money Trees or any other sensitive stuff which demands that you control access to it. But the bookcase-cum-secret door keeps them out with style. And as a bonus, it can still be used like any other bookshelf. Cool

(19-09-2018 09:16 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  I really like the House that you have Benne living in. It is very appropiate for a Mad Scientist as well, it just looks great. I think Benne's short dark hair looks fine my self and I kind of like her clothes. It kind of reminds me of what a couple of the Aliens wear in the PS2 version of the Sims 2. Where did you get it?
I built the house myself, with some of these goodies:
http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2015/...set-1.html
http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2015/...set-2.html
http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2014/...y-lab.html
http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2014/...set-1.html
http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2015/...set-2.html
Recolors and stuff (because gray is boring!): http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2015/...color.html
More recolors: http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2015/...astel.html
Even more recolors: http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2015/...-love.html

Oh, you mean the Starfleet uniforms? Big Grin

Hazard Team uniforms (Odyssey Class): http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2015/...azard.html
Alternative Hazard Team uniforms (Antares Class): http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2014/...azard.html
Hazard Team accessories: http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2014/...-gear.html
More Hazard Team accessories: http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2015/...-gear.html
Starfleet Boots (for uniforms with no boots included in the mesh): http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2014/...aptic.html
Klingon boots and gloves (just because): http://blueheavensims.blogspot.com/2015/...s-and.html
Next Generation Starfleet uniforms (Command, Operations and Science colors): http://modthesims.info/d/270139

Man, there's a lot of Starfleet stuff on Blue Heaven Sims that I haven't even touched yet! I'd better get back to downloading! Blush

(19-09-2018 09:16 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Yes Vulcans are sexy lol.
Even Young Mister Spock had his moments. Or do half-Vulcans count? Big Grin

(19-09-2018 09:16 PM)lordtyger9 Wrote:  Personally I like red hair and corn rows are OK on Alien Hybrids if one of the Sims' Ancestors has dark skin. Oh Blonde hair and dark skin occur naturally on a people that live some where in the South Pacific, it is an independent mutation of the hair colour, so it is OK if we have that in the Sims 2 I think.
Australian Aborigines have that combination too. Dark skin with blonde hair. But pretty much any combination of hair color and skin color is possible in the human species if you interbreed the ethnicities just right over so many generations. Sometimes those recessive genes like to pop up and surprise us. Wink
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2018 04:05 AM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#18 20-09-2018 
(19-09-2018 05:40 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Well, she lost that hair when she aged up, so I had to replace it with something. She had black hair since she was born, and the game suddenly decided that she was a redhead with cornrows? I simply couldn't let that stand. o_O

Well, first of all, for the younger sims, not all hair combos are available. Sometimes the game just takes something to fill the gaping hole... That's a flaw in Maxis decisions and in many of the custom hairs.
(19-09-2018 05:40 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  I blame the PT replacement mod.

How very Vulcan of you... (as in short-sighted Big Grin Hahahaha) PT replacements have nothing to do with suddenly changing hair colors, though! If you downloaded and installed my Tyronean Fleet or Aliena Impregnata before Benne was born, then Benne's ALIEN parent would have had a genetic disposition for the recessive hiar colors, red and blond, which she *could* have inherited if the other parent was red or blond as well. I consider that an asset, because if the alien were black- or brown-haired, all first generation alien children would almost always be black- or brown-haired as well, regardless of the hair color of the other parent.

(19-09-2018 05:40 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  (Plus, the hair needed to fit inside that space helmet. And the Science Officer uniform is sweet and you know it. Wink )

There's a good point... But then you put her in the basic, boring Starfleet Uniform, which is nothing like the Science Officer uniform you seem to be hinting at. How is THAT sweet?? But you *could* have selected the 'bob' as a hair for that space outfit and still give her different hairs for when she's NOT in her helmet.

(19-09-2018 05:40 PM)Pizzatron-9000 Wrote:  Also, you're saying "Vulcan" like it's a bad thing. Tongue

[Image: TPol.jpg]

Leave T'Pol out of this... She deserves better! Benne looks NOTHING like T'Pol. Heck, *most* Vulcans look nothing like T'Pol. T'Pol is the fortunate exception!
But besides T'Pol, the Vulcan fashion sense is drab, their hair styles are drab, their humor is drab... Vulcans may not be BAD per se, but they are the quintessential boring squared! They're not much fun to look at, in general. Hardly distinguishable from *Romulans* (yes, that was meant as an insult). I've seen better looking Klingons!

Hahahahahahaha

#19 22-09-2018 
(20-09-2018 05:08 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  How very Vulcan of you... (as in short-sighted Big Grin Hahahaha) PT replacements have nothing to do with suddenly changing hair colors, though! If you downloaded and installed my Tyronean Fleet or Aliena Impregnata before Benne was born, then Benne's ALIEN parent would have had a genetic disposition for the recessive hiar colors, red and blond, which she *could* have inherited if the other parent was red or blond as well. I consider that an asset, because if the alien were black- or brown-haired, all first generation alien children would almost always be black- or brown-haired as well, regardless of the hair color of the other parent.
What? When I said "I blame the PT replacement mod," could you not hear the tongue firmly embedded in my cheek? Ever since Benne came across that Pollination Technician at the Abstractivism NOW! dorm, I've been blaming everything on the PT mod. Benne lost her lovely black hair? PT mod. One of Jolene's dogs destroyed her little wastebasket? PT mod. Gaston burned the blackened catfish and got electrocuted while repairing an elevator at Three Lakes? Frickin' codswallowing PT mod! Tongue

(20-09-2018 05:08 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  There's a good point... But then you put her in the basic, boring Starfleet Uniform, which is nothing like the Science Officer uniform you seem to be hinting at.
Dude. That is totally a "Star Trek: The Next Generation" Era Science Officer uniform, late 2360's to 2370's! Check it out:

https://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star...50s-2370s)

...not to be confused with Doctor Crusher's garb, of course. Medical and Science might share the same crash space, but they're not quite the same department.

But I guess that confusion and disagreements over Starfleet uniforms are bound to happen, even considering how many times the uniforms were redesigned in the 24th Century alone.

Kirk would never have tolerated this crap. Tongue

(20-09-2018 05:08 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  How is THAT sweet??
Because Star Trek! That is the only reason you need. Big Grin

I still remember the old forum-based, poll-based Internet Death Match that I posted back on the bygone City of Heroes Guru forums; it was my turn to cook up a death match, so instead of the usual one-on-one hypothetical battles (a la "Count Dracula versus the Headless Horseman" and "Edward Hyde versus Frankenstein's Creature," two more of my brainchildren), I went the "Star Wars versus Star Trek" route and pitted an Imperial-Class Star Destroyer against a Borg Cube. The Borg Cube ended up winning the vote and the death match, but not by much; if the Star Destroyer's turbolasers don't obliterate the Borg Cube in the first volley, then the Borg Cube will adapt and render all future turbolaser blasts less effective. Same with the Star Destroyer's TIE Bomber squadrons and their various warheads. And apparently Borg Cubes have transporter technology, while Star Destroyers don't; trash the Star Destroyer's shields and get enough Borg drones aboard that Star Destroyer, and the battle starts to look pretty bleak for the Galactic Empire.

We never did determine whether or not Stormtrooper armor can keep a Borg drone's nanites out of a Stormtrooper's flesh and blood, though. That armor's supposed to completely insulate the Stormtrooper from harm and withstand all but the most direct of blaster hits. Luke Skywalker and Friends are just some very lucky buggers when it comes to gunning down droves of Stormtroopers.

(20-09-2018 05:08 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  But you *could* have selected the 'bob' as a hair for that space outfit and still give her different hairs for when she's NOT in her helmet.
I could have, if Sims had more than one Everyday outfit. I ended up ditching the helmet and the Hazard Team gear; they're all under the Headwear accessories like the eyeglasses are, so even when Benne changed to her gym clothes and started performing Tai Chi, she'd still be wearing that helmet. So the helmet had to go.

Why do so many Simmy stuff makers put earrings under the Headwear and eyeglasses menu? Isn't there a way for them to put custom-made earrings under Earrings and under Jewelry where they belong? Confused

(20-09-2018 05:08 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Leave T'Pol out of this... She deserves better! Benne looks NOTHING like T'Pol.
Whoa, now! I wasn't comparing Benne to T'Pol in any way. You said that Benne looked Vulcan, inferring that Vulcan appearances are somehow unappealing. T'Pol was my counterargument to that bold claim. Tongue

(20-09-2018 05:08 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  But besides T'Pol, the Vulcan fashion sense is drab, their hair styles are drab, their humor is drab... Vulcans may not be BAD per se, but they are the quintessential boring squared! They're not much fun to look at, in general.
Eye of the beholder, amigo. I think that Vulcans look pretty cool. They're like space elves, but without the penchant for getting their butts kicked by orcs. Wink

(20-09-2018 05:08 AM)BoilingOil Wrote:  Hardly distinguishable from *Romulans* (yes, that was meant as an insult). I've seen better looking Klingons!
I haven't! Klingons look like a a Mongolian [fornicated with] a horseshoe crab, then sprayed the baby with rabies and took a ball peen hammer to its face. Or are we talking about Captain-Kirk-era Klingons? Those guys didn't look so bad. Too bad they went bust and got replaced with the new Klingons, so your claim is invalid. Tongue

And no, we're definitely not talking about the new new Klingons.

That way lies madness. O_O
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2018 01:07 PM by Pizzatron-9000.)

#20 22-09-2018 
Meanwhile, Benne was screwing around in Takemizu Village for a week.

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu01.jpg]
I swear, Benne raked a lot of rock gardens that week because the "Groom Zen Garden" Wants were so persistent! It seemed like every time she moseyed to a new lot, that Want came up! Eventually I got so sick of grooming rock gardens that I'd set her to it, wait about two seconds for the Want to be fulfilled and give Benne her 500 points, then cancel the action and move Benne on to something else, leaving many half-groomed rock gardens in her wake.

Benne never got sick of grooming rock gardens, though. She's the one who kept rolling that Want, right? Tongue

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu02.jpg]
The Unsavory Charlatan thinks that Benne is repulsive.

GOOD.

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu03.jpg]
Just a typical morning in Takemizu Village, yes sir!

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu04.jpg]
It seems that even the wise, reserved and contemplative people of the Far East aren't too noble to dump the occasional box of laundry detergent into a fountain here and there.

Oh, Heidi Fuchs, you are so incorrigible!

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu05.jpg]
Then Benne caught a ninja. Smile

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu06.jpg]
It was her second attempt, actually, but she won the coin toss this time. Great cosmic power ensued!

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu07.jpg]
Hwupp!

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu08.jpg]
And she missed the inside of the women's bathroom by this much!

Benne ninja teleports all over the place now! It's no Starfleet transporter bay doodad, but it'll do in a pinch.

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu09.jpg]
"Perhaps I have misjudged you."

"I'm green-skinned and 50% extraterrestrial. Everybody misjudges me. It's cool.

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu10.jpg]
And that's how Benne learned Tai Chi and the Dragon Legend in one night!

Have faith in the Wise Old Man. He knows things.

Benne had already covered Mahjong from staying at Castle Von Carstein and visiting its game room, so only one thing remained on her To Do list: Toss a coin into a Far Eastern shrine. Simple, right?

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu11.jpg]
I'm sure there's some abstract, riddle-like way that "The crow will fly past the moon at midnight" translates into "Thanks for the coin, enjoy your free itchy skin disease!" but I'll be double-dipped if I can figure it out.

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu12.jpg]
After that, Benne had done all the cool Vacation Memento stuff that Takemizu Village had to offer. So she spent the last two or three days perfecting her mastery of Tai Chi (because you can still get the Vacation Memento even if you suck at it)...

[Image: BenneDoesTakemizu13.jpg]
...and working on her Fishing Badge. I'll unlock you yet, Sparkly Spinner! Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option